• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
we weren't invited chris.

oh, and do you have my copy of melee with my SD card? it should be in a crawl case.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Hmm yes. I want some intense practice Friday. I'm busy til like 5:30. Where is the craziness taking place. I can bring wii+brawl =) (or if it's at my place, i have TV too).

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Well, I'll have Melee and Brawl (I have 2 Wii setups and 1 GC setup currently), so whoever wants to play what, we'll have it. But to answer your question, they'll start up the 13th. I PM'ed some details to Fogo to put in the OP, but I guess he hasn't gotten around to it yet; I'll just PM him again closer to next week, I suppose.

But yeah, they start on the 13th.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Guys, this is your last chance to get housing for HOBO10. Plz contact AXXO in the houston thread for the housing. His cell number is on the front page in dark blue. I really want you Dallas kids to go.

Bwett

Smash Ace
Ok, so from the way it seems, all of us are gonna go to Dallas Phat's on Friday and spend the night with intense training session. Pheonix Alpha, I'm gonna pick you up so what apt # and what time will you be ready? Fogo and Michael, come to my place on Friday and I'll drive yall to DP's. Infinity, I'm not sure if it would be easier for you to go straight to DP's or come to my place so I'll let you figure that out. Tell me when you find out.

Saturday morning about 6am we are heading out. It will take about 4 hrs to get there. We do the whole tournament thing. Now, the next part gets alittle hazy. Currently, there are two options we have.

Option 1:
We already have housing with badnewsbear if we need it, but it will take about 1 hr 40 min to get to his place in College Station. Spend the night and it will take an additional 3 hr 20 min to get back to Dallas, basically adding on an hr to our drive, but we don't have to deal with a 4 hr stretch.

Option 2:
Right now, I'm talking with one of my friends to see if we can get a special discount at a Marriott for $35. I talked to Fogo and we, along with Dojo and gang, will stay in there for the night. However, I won't know if we can get said discount until today so this isn't guaranteed yet.

As it stands, it is entirely too expensive to get a normal hotel rate since the gas to drive an addition hr isn't that bad at all. So, it I can't get this discount, we will just go to badnewsbears.

This is the plan, as I know it. Add anything you deem important.

Daimonster

Smash Journeyman
Official plan as far as my car is concerned: 1-heading to dphats on friday. (friday)
2-crashing at dphats (friday)
3-waking up around 5:30 leaving dphats to houston (saturday)
4-leaving houston tourny to badnewsbear's housing (saturday)
5-waking up round 8ish heading back 2 dallas. (sunday)

pootTheBox

Smash Ace
Yo Fargo I need my controller back. The orange one from months back. Please have it whole soon. Hit me up when completed and we can work out a session to play smash. Gracias.

Good luck to all heading to houston. Skeet on them fools. Hopefully us melee people will do the same next week.

chronoize

Smash Journeyman
Official plan as far as my car is concerned: 1-heading to dphats on friday. (friday)
sounds perfect, thanks for planning things out

its my first time going to one of these things, anything i need to bring, besides money and a controller.

ill bring a wii for andy's place

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Whats up, folks? I'm pretty pumped for the weekend. Make sure that y'all bring some pillows and stuff so that you are comfortable when you sleep.

Arikado

Smash Rookie
Hey folks, I'm one of guys d4ba was talking about at Afest. I'll most likely be showing up at DPhat's place Friday night for games. Looking forward to meeting you guys and hopefully learning a thing or two.

PhoenixAlpha

Smash Journeyman
Hey folks, I'm one of guys d4ba was talking about at Afest. I'll most likely be showing up at DPhat's place Friday night for games. Looking forward to meeting you guys and hopefully learning a thing or two.
I concur. I haven't met ANYONE here except for Bwett, and that was just one set XD. I may have run into Zac but I can't be sure. Can't wait to finally put some names to faces.

O.T.L

Smash Apprentice
If everyone is going to be at Dphats, I guess I'll go also if its cool with Dphat. I cant go to Houston but I'll be rooting for you guys. :)

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Well look, if you are leaving Dallas and heading STRAIGHT to the tourney dont leave at 5:30. Leave like at 8 or 830(it only take 3.5-4 hours to get here right?). Sign-ups and registration start at 12 and we begin at 130 or 2. So relax and dont rush.

If you have questions, call me at 409-692-0697

DEV64

Smash Apprentice
if its cool with Dphat i might be able to come to friendly's on fri. so i can get friendly's and some practice before everbody leaves to houston.:chuckle:

Bwett

Smash Ace
Alright, hotel plans were a bust. We are going to badnewsbear's place as well. Ice and Infinity, message me with how yall are getting to Dphat's by way of my car or yours. I'm thinking of leaving for Dphat's around afternoon, but might go earlier if time allows it

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
sounds perfect, thanks for planning things out

its my first time going to one of these things, anything i need to bring, besides money and a controller.

ill bring a wii for andy's place
Bring a change of clothes, toothbrush, snacks for the road, and maybe an ipod for boredom? lol

Alright, hotel plans were a bust. We are going to badnewsbear's place as well. Ice and Infinity, message me with how yall are getting to Dphat's by way of my car or yours. I'm thinking of leaving for Dphat's around afternoon, but might go earlier if time allows it
What time do you want me to head over? also i need you to call me so we can discuss a few things

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
I'll try and be there Friday if I can Dphat, I want to get in some practice with all of you before you guys leave. Sorry I wont be able to attend this one, I was seriously looking forward to it. I hope Dallas sweeps this tourney though. :D

Edit: Also pm your address when you can, I'll try and get a ride up there this time. I hate having to ask you every time but.. you know. -.-;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom