• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Ok, Jinx was first....... And then she got married. So she can't be my -girlfriend-. She already has one.

Bwahahahaha <3 Sean.

Besides you're the ho(e) to my ****. What would I do without you? ;)

Kates893

Smash Apprentice
Ok, Jinx was first....... And then she got married. So she can't be my -girlfriend-. She already has one.

Bwahahahaha <3 Sean.

Besides you're the ho(e) to my ****. What would I do without you? ;)
rofl, its okay. i still love you

lmao, are you joking? Im talkin like the HUGE roaches. the ones that fly and attack your ****ing face. scary as hell. im scarred for life

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
lmao, are you joking? Im talkin like the HUGE roaches. the ones that fly and attack your ****ing face. scary as hell. im scarred for life
The thing about cockroaches isn't just that they're incredibly gross and/or disease-ridden, but that they insist on living right in our kitchen. Most people would rather see a freaking ticking time bomb in their cabinet than a nest of these *******s.

But the reason why roaches survive so well around your boxes of twinkies is that for centuries they were like our tiny, industrious little roommates. Cockroaches specifically adapted to share the nests of larger mammals, getting access to a continuous stream of food scraps, mold, mildew and even the delicious eggs of more dangerous insects such as fleas, bedbugs or lice. In return, us larger vertebrates are supposed to enjoy the free janitorial service and snack on the ones that don't run fast enough.

For most of the animal kingdom, it's still a pretty sweet deal. But a few centuries back, we humans decided we could keep ourselves clean without an army of hungry bugs, and our former custodians became just another form of "filth" to our high and mighty standards.

And just how filthy are the little freeloaders? Well, that depends.

If you happen to live directly over an open sewer or keep decomposing corpses under your floorboards, it's entirely possible that your cockroaches might be tracking the occasional pathogen on their sticky little feet, but their habit of incessant, cat-like grooming tends to rid them of contaminants long before they might scuttle over your ham sandwich.

In fact, testing shows that germs don't even stick to them that easily in the first place, so they're really only as dirty as whatever they're standing on at the time.

So, we know that roaches just aren't very dangerous... but we would still be better off without them, right? Sure, if you don't mind the wafting diseases that'll build up when we lose a major player in the process of decomposition. Cockroaches are also the primary predators of bollworm and armyworm, two of the most destructive pests of cotton, soybean, corn, cabbage and tomato crops in the United States and Africa.

Really, it's just a PR problem at this point. Maybe Pixar just needs to make a movie starring one of these guys.
Educate yourself.
THEN you can squash the **** out of them.

===

@ Dojo: How're you doing? Guess the surgery and all of that jazz finally blew over?

Dojo

Smash Champion
Eh, it's on its way. I'm headed towards my 5th week of recovery. He said I should be fine with 6-9 weeks (minus the numbing which can take several months to go away.) It's alot better now though. I'm able to eat pretty much everything minus like hard candy and stuff like that, although alot of bigger foods like burgers and stuff takes more time because I still have some trouble opening my mouth that wide and have to chew slower. Only pain is a small portion above my upper lip and the crease where the outside of my right nostril starts. It's a pain in the ***. :\ Small spots of my cheeks still get pretty sore here and there.

Besides that I'm good to go. I've been at work for a couple of weeks now, and I've been able to do pretty much anything that doesn't require getting hit in the face. :)

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Eh, it's on its way. I'm headed towards my 5th week of recovery. He said I should be fine with 6-9 weeks (minus the numbing which can take several months to go away.) It's alot better now though. I'm able to eat pretty much everything minus like hard candy and stuff like that, although alot of bigger foods like burgers and stuff takes more time because I still have some trouble opening my mouth that wide and have to chew slower. Only pain is a small portion above my upper lip and the crease where the outside of my right nostril starts. It's a pain in the ***. :\ Small spots of my cheeks still get pretty sore here and there.

Besides that I'm good to go. I've been at work for a couple of weeks now, and I've been able to do pretty much anything that doesn't require getting hit in the face. :)
Dang, so 4 more weeks until you can deepthroat me again.

Kates893

Smash Apprentice
Why would I want to know so much about something I hate so much? LOL I'm not being serious, I know they are harmless. -_-

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Except when they fly at your face and attack you. :p That, I believe, is declaring war. Haha.

You know what I don't like? Crickets. I'm not scared of them or anything, they just annoy me. More than cockroaches.

Waits for PX to make a statement about the word cockroaches

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose

Does this mean I'll be able to chill with you for a bit here and there at HOBO19? :D

Dang, so 4 more weeks until you can deepthroat me again.
...I lol'd.

Why would I want to know so much about something I hate so much? LOL I'm not being serious, I know they are harmless. -_-
Because knowledge is power?

I was ready for something that small by week 2.
Get *****, PX. He probably couldn't even open his mouth by then. :p

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Ahh, right, I remember now. He was the guy playing the new version of DotA most of the time. (Right?)
Tell him I said "Yo" :)

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Sethlon is a surprisingly good singer.

/random

Kates893

Smash Apprentice
i secretly recorded sethlon singing on the way to and back from hobo18.

it puts me to sleep every night. shh dont tell anyone what

Sudai

Stuff here
****, if I hadn't lost my Wallet last weekend I might have been able to come and visit with the special guest too... :[

I -have- to go to BR this weekend for medical reasons since I couldn't last weekend though... :[

Hyrulian_Jinx

Smash Rookie
My SpotDodge to Fsmash didn't work... Ban Mk!!!!
Well, I think our apartment is about the same size as yours, and our neighbors have never complained about us being loud or anything . (and trust me, me and infinity can be kind of noisy)
0=3

edit: so, we can go over ten. we were just estimating-ish (I can get a little claustrophobic at times, but what are bathrooms for, right? xD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom