• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Ok, to Gnes, PX, and Clusky, I am making some and giving to Billy because I trust him to guard them with his life, or it means he's in trouble (yes, Shuz, I'll make some for you too since you're in the car. :p). I don't know how much I'm going to be around for Hobo since the initial plan is to go to a wedding but I might make an appearance, so that's why I'm giving them to him. He can give them to you guys and you can eat them and enjoy. :)

Edit: @PX's statement... Like... a cowboy? :p I'll bring the hat. Wait... What? ;) <3

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
OMG... There are going to be brownies in my car. <3

I can't wait til Friday. Those brownies are sooooo good. I bet if we had a tournament in Dallas with a prize payout of brownies and an entry fee of like $3, we'd have out-of-state people come!!!

!!! That's a great idea actually =) fund-raiser for Monica!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I think I need to try one of these brownies...

Seiya7

Smash Apprentice
UPDATE FOR HOUSING!

I am charging ONE brownie :)

this single pastry is all i need to house all of the dallas people coming to Hobo :)

but on teh real im stoked to see everybody and please remember to bring your own pillow, blanket, towel, and hygenical necessities

any questions just let me know

kkthnxbai :D

edit: btw totally joking about the brownie unless yall have one left for me :p

Everis755

Smash Cadet
I haven't had access to internet, but i'm really interested in going to hobo again. I'm willing to drive if there are no more open car pools as long as i can get a few people to split gas. 9568743435. any time of day. do itttt

Seiya7

Smash Apprentice
can i come with if i only bring 2 people =] we can just force them to sleep in the car with broly lol
sorry were pretty packed im housing 40 ppl :(

oh and for those of you coming please try to bring a set up if possible, i have 2 tvs we can use but were gonna need more then 2 setups of everybody wants to practice before hobo the next day

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
You are white correct? Your turn to move... hmm...

Nxd4. Easily your best move. Past that, depends on whether the computer plays ... cxd4 or ... exd4 .

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Lol OK then... well... then just reverse the moves.

... Nxf3. 2. Bxf3 Bxf3 3. Qxf3 Qxf3 4. gxf3 Rxg1+ (Alternative line is 4. ... Rg7f7 or 4. ... Rf8g8 )

Computer might play ... Nxf3 2. gxf3 early on instead of down the line.

Another line playable is ... Bxf3. That particular line is less risky and might be better (I've not looked into that line as far as the previous one, so it might turn out to be worse. However for 5-10 turns in the future, it looks fairly safe.)

Example:

... Bxf3 2. gxf3 Rf8g8 3. Rxf7+ Rxf7

Yet another line playable is ... Nxe2.

Example:

... Nxe2 2. Qxe2

Another, more aggressive move is ... Bc2. 2. Qa1 (forced) Rb8

Another aggressive line as well is ... Qh6 2. Nh2 Bc2 3. Qa1 (forced pretty much) Bxb3

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I'm nowhere near "pro" level, however on a good day I can have a fairly good draw/win ratio against someone rated 1800 or so, which isn't too shabby.

To put that in perspective though, Masters are rated 2200 and higher. Bright beginners are often considered to start at about 1000.

To also explain it better, it's roughly estimated that for every 400 point gap you come across, the person on the higher end has a 10x greater chance of winning than his opponent. So, if someone rated 1000 played someone rated 1400, the 1000 player would usually only win 1/10 games where as his opponent would win up to 9/10 games (might have a draw or two in there, the chance of drawing decreases drastically the higher of an rating advantage you have). Some of the better Modern Chess Grandmasters have a rating of 2600+. If they were to play me (We'll just put me on the high end and say I am exactly 1800), I would probably win only 1/100 games against them.

Mirachael

Smash Rookie
Sad day.
I can't make it to Hobo.

But tonight, I'm having a few people over to play Smash. Everyone should come, yes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom