• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
anyone hear anything on my stolen controller yet? Right now i have no controller and I need whoever accidentally took it from Denti's to please tell me so i can get it back... =[

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman
Farve needed to retire with the packers, cowboys are gay, Romo sux, and chargers kick *** :)

i love football

EDIT: i love katies avatar!! :D

Melee1

Smash Journeyman
For those that are interested, MLG is hosting a small brawl thing at their convention. There is one tv and a line of people. People play and continue to play as long as they win. Whoever has the longest winning streak by Saturday night wins $500.
I just got home... I went on a 94 game win streak playing for like six hours straight. You cant leave the tv to eat I was so hungry. Anyways so much fun but never thought it be so tiring and the tv was a little laggy and halo was fun the little that I playyed.

iLight

Smash Lord
dallas i call upon your chess powers again.... Its ******** the difference between level 7 and level 8 computers on the microsoft chess game.

In like 5 or 6 moves he sets up it up so that I end up trading like a ton of pieces with him and lose my queen and puts me in imminent checkmate land, or I just end up in checkmate the end.

what do i do

K.G.

Smash Apprentice
I just got home... I went on a 94 game win streak playing for like six hours straight. You cant leave the tv to eat I was so hungry. Anyways so much fun but never thought it be so tiring and the tv was a little laggy and halo was fun the little that I playyed.
wat they had halo?! where was I at.lol

K.G.

Smash Apprentice
dallas i call upon your chess powers again.... Its ******** the difference between level 7 and level 8 computers on the microsoft chess game.

In like 5 or 6 moves he sets up it up so that I end up trading like a ton of pieces with him and lose my queen and puts me in imminent checkmate land, or I just end up in checkmate the end.

what do i do

are u the black peices or the white?

N.O.T.A.-SrsC@

Smash Apprentice

what do i do
1. Learn how to program games for Windows
2. Reprogram how the computer plays at this level.
3. ???
4. Profit!

Srsly.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Light, who's turn is it to move, and what color are you playing as?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Knight on square g4 to square e5.
Actually it's knight on square g4 x(takes)e5.

Either do that or move your bishop by your king out all the way to the edge so it's attacking the white bishop and queen at the same time.

He's going to have better postion than you anyways, at least getting your bishop out and locking his gives you an easy castle which might be harder the other way if he forces you out with some checks or threatens your queen.

iLight

Smash Lord
Ng4xe5 is one of the scenarios i was talking about where i end up losing my queen, and what hylian said i still end up losing out and their queen would be in prime position to **** up my **** =]

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Then cut your losses and run. Unless you know how to win without your queen. It's not the easiest but it is possible. You've gotta set it up though where even if you lose yours they lose theirs within 3 moves or else there isn't a chance.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Don't do the move Hylian Suggested. That would give up a free piece. ... Bh6 2. Bxh6 Nxh6 3. Qxh6 (Piece is lost).

Ng4xe5/ dxe5 is your best move, assuming you are Black and assuming it is your turn to move. Your queen is not in jeopardy for right now. The OTHER Knight you have though is pinned to the Queen, so sometime later in the game you might want to play Qc7 or Qb6 to remove it from the D File.

This line is also playable:

... dxe5 2. Nxe5 Ng4xe5 3. Bxe5 f6 4. a3 Rh4

iLight

Smash Lord
lol lvl 8 computer is retardedly good, i think i may steal its strategies, its funny though because i crushed the lvl 7 computer like 3 times in a row in less than 20 moves and then i got to lvl 8 and he's oh you fool, what were you thinking trying to defeat me!!

edit******* dmg look at this or i will kill you
dmg, i'm bringing a chess board to hobo 18, and we are going to play

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Sweet. I love a good game of chess. I might bring my own board too.

Also, Thank you Brett for pointing out Light's compliment on my chesting skills. Indeed I am very good at guessing chest sizes of women while also jogging at a moderately fast pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom