• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Demon Lord Ghirahim's Fabulous Horde of Stunning Features! CONFIRMED ASSIST TROPHY APPEARANCE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bunny8093

Smash Journeyman
Well... You're all right, I'll be sure to play as this fabulous man in Hyrule Warriors, and he has a great model in Sm4sh as an AT. I guess it's not as bad now. But that doesn't make the situation any less real... He's gonna be a great AT in Sm4sh and a great PLAYABLE character in Hyrule Warriors! Though all I mainly did was lurk here from time to time it's been great speculating with you all!

And if Impa is playable in Sm4sh and is a clone I swear to God...

Illya-tan

Smash Rookie
what i hate the most of this move apart that it comfirms 90% that leak is they left an original character out for a dumb captain falcon clone, thats what pissed me off the most, i kinda wanted ghirahim In game and in sort way we do at least

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
what i hate the most of this move apart that it comfirms 90% that leak is they left an original character out for a dumb captain falcon clone, thats what pissed me off the most, i kinda wanted ghirahim In game and in sort way we do at least
This does absolutely nothing for or against the leak. It is completely unrelated. And leak discussion does not fit here anyway.

Last edited:

Illya-tan

Smash Rookie
it does because this discards the trophy theory also i heard from a source that leak is 90% true anyways.

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
Fun stuff! :happysheep:

I personally feel that the Legend of Zelda is just screwed; it will never get another rep ever. Because Sakurai is too concerned with broadening the demographic by adding reps to new franchises like Wii Fit Trainer, Pac Man, and Mega Man. For all he cares he has the Zelda fans already.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
it does because this discards the trophy theory also i heard from a source that leak is 90% true anyways.
Impa is still a possibility.

Also, "heard from a source" is no different than the leak itself. And leak talk is still not allowed here.

Ghirahim does look fun to play in Hyrule Warriors. Although I can say that about every character in that game.

andimidna

Smash Master
Well, I'm at least glad this happened after that leak. So I could ease into it.

Just a week ago I was pretty much convinced he was playable. 50/50 more or less...
But just a few hours ago I took him off my roster because of that leak.
Y'know... that one...

So... is it possible for Assists to become DLC characters? Or are we all just Groose supporters now? :p

Steelia

Smash Champion
I was a silent supporter of Ghirahim... but always sort of figured his inclusion (and the trophy quiz speculation) was probably too good to be true. There weren't too many potential Zelda newcomers that were quite as high on my list as this one, outside of Midna. Not much I can say, other than I look forward to hearing his crazy cackling as he's summoned.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
It's very sad to see Ghirahim go, the only character I could see ride along with Ganondorf on the dark side of Hyrules own representations. But sad things happens. Sweet dreams are made of tears you know. But I'm sure Ghirahim would say this "Don't cry for me" - Ghirahim.

One more thing I'd like to address is the fact that most deconfirmations or confirmations happens every Thursday... And with Takamaru, Dillon and Genesect among many others, I could say the stakes are getting bigger and... "Badder" ?!

My point is, more shall "unfortuantly" die. And as we all cry for Ghirahim, we will also cry for others.
But as a Smash Family and comunity, shall we try to keep the spirit up for Smash, and make sure that all the Assist Trophies we wanted as playable in the game will be propperly used.

Illya-tan

Smash Rookie
a really bad friend just send me a pic to me, horrible pic i must say and it kinda hurts.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I'm legit disappointed... Oh well. At least fan demand earned him playable status in HW. Maybe he will be a shoe in for the next game. =)
I'm not sure that was "fan demand" so much as "he was the only villain they could pull from Skyward Sword, because Demise just wouldn't work".

My gosh, I'm being a depressing jerk in this thread. Sorry, guys. :(

If Ghirahim can stay relevant to the franchise, he definitely has a chance at promotion, though.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Ah well. Would've liked for him to be playable but an Assist Trophy makes me pretty happy. Love the way he looks here.

I didn't support him as strongly as most of you probably did. Still, my condolences everyone.

candyissweet

Smash Apprentice
Meh... I honestly was fine having just the 3 keepers of the Triforce. Sheik and Toon Link I can accept, but Ghirahim has only appeared in one game, and he has nothing to do with the Triforce in Wisdom, Strength, or Courage.

Either way, this is a good sign that Ganondorf will be confirmed soon. I guess I'll still sympathize for those of you who still wanted him in so bad.

PlayfulMushroom

Smash Apprentice
It bugs me that all these fantastic characters are getting assist trophies instead of being playable. Takamaru, Ashley, Ghirahim, Waluigi... it seems like the newcomers I want never make it into Smash. I'll burst into tears if there's no Ridley or K. Rool :(

Glad to see that he's an assist trophy a least.

Last edited:

Amherst

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wavedash
3DS FC
3239-2573-2753
I had no real desire to see the character in Smash as Skyward Sword is one of the few Zelda games I haven't played.

That video totally changed my mind. Gonna go pick it up tomorrow. I am so sorry he didn't make it in, seems like he would've had a ton of potential for a fun moveset.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Sorry to see this. I supported Ghirahim for a while early on but I stopped because I convinced myself he would share the same fate as Midna.

It is not garbage. :lick:
It isn't to you. It is to some people. That's the way of the world isn't it?

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Well, guys, it was a nice trip, and I'm proud of being part of the Ghirahim supporters until the bitter end.

At least he's an Assist Trophy, I mean, it could've been worse.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Well that sucks. Sorry guys, he would have been so original probably. At least he is AT like my lovely Waluigi ;_;

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
There are other Skyward Sword characters besides Ghirahim, so no, the trophy theory still lives.
It isn't to you. It is to some people. That's the way of the world isn't it?
No, it isn't garbage. Deal with it.

Hong

The Strongest

Actually, I am a fan of Ghirahim. He was one of the few things from Skyward Sword that I liked. I wouldn't call myself an intensive supporter, but I welcomed him all the same. I can be only thankful that he was shot down in a merciful and upfront manner. Perhaps late, but still fair. That said, I like a lot of the folks who happened to support the character, so I am here to send out my regards none-the-less.

*Group hug*

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Sorry guys. At least you have Hyrule Warriors to look forward to and its virtually inevitable sequels. Throughout this ride, you guys were pretty much in the same boat as Vaati fans were during the Brawl speculation days but, honestly, you guys made out a lot better because 1. an assist trophy is still a major appearance and 2. it's already been strongly implied that Ghirahim is going to be coming back in future Zelda games so it's not like this was his last chance to do anything important.

FyrianFate

Smash Apprentice
I....Im still hoping this is a Zero Suit Samus move, and there'll be a video announcing him tomorow.....

I can dream...

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
I am kinda upset at this. What the heck Sakurai, so many good character picks thrown into assist trophies. Eh, so will this mean no Zelda newcommers after all? I hope not, this is Nintendos second most popular brand, and having it so intensively ignored (or just mistreated like the Ganon clone) is pretty heartbreaking.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Sorry for your loss Ghirahim supporters. Would've liked it if Impa and Ghirahim both became playable. But now I guess it's only up to Impa for a Skyward Sword character. How would you guys react to that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom