• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Demon Lord Ghirahim's Fabulous Horde of Stunning Features! CONFIRMED ASSIST TROPHY APPEARANCE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Over 200 guests. Holy rainbows, Batman.

And for those who are thinking of leaving over this, don't worry. You don't have to take the endless plunge. Sure, it can be discouraging, but it's nothing to leave over.

----

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Well, I guess I'm done with the speculation business.
My time on Smashboards is born and dies with Ghirahim.

I've got a few errands to attend to, but after that, I'm done.

Here's what my second most wanted character had to say on the matter.
tumblr_inline_mmvaz7wFc51qz4rgp.gif

micstar615

Smash Ace
Fellow Ghirahim fans, supporters and allies....I'm glad we can come together one last time. Ghirahim was a character many of us had wanted and this potd hurts. I'm glad to have been a part of this thread, it was fun, Ghirahim has some great supporters! At the end of the day, he still made it in as an AT and that's more than what many ever achieve. And at least we have HW :p

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer

View attachment 22423
You can't actually leave because you're in my thrall, but it'll be amusing to see you try anyway.

CannaFizz

Smash Apprentice
Sorry, guys.

Ghiarhim would've been pretty awesome, but at least he looks really great as an AT.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I guess for deconfirmation that hurts that much, I should post even if I'm neutral.

I will be honest, I did not expect this. That was really surprising.

You know, there's a lot of support thread like this one that kept getting support, stay on first page most of the time and basically, has a big fanbase.

Unfortunately, not all can get in. That's the hard truth for any support thread created here since the roster can't reach 80. At one point, a line has to be drawn and the one on the bad side of the line are sometime the one that was one of the most loved.

However, there's a point when you have to face this reality in the most brutal way and we just witnessed this moment.

Although, it doesn't mean it got ignored. To be confirmed as assist with a great quality model is something that should help to pass this tragic reality. Getting your most wanted deconfirmed needs comprehension; it's really emotional. Some may have became attached to the character and of course, it implies strong emotions.

What doesn't help is the hope gathered due to this tease which may means an even stronger reaction. I honestly was sure he was the chosen one, but unfortunately, I was wrong and I would have to acknowledge it now.

So, I hope that Ghirahim supporters will pass this hard event as quick as possible. There's a point when the most loved has to left...

Ghirahim is, as of August 21 2014 at 1:05 AM EST, [deconfirmed].

Rest
In
Peace

Ghirahim​

- Aldelaro5

UnicornDemon

Smash Journeyman
Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! Ghirahim, my baby... :(

How could this happen? Legend of Zelda hasn't had a newcomer since Melee, are we really not getting a character :( :( :( This is a horrendous injustice. We deserve better than this.

I feel cold. Cold and empty inside... I may have to end it all...

Last edited:

Ascended

Smash Ace
As a huge fan of the Zelda series and Skyward Sword, I offer my condolences to the Ghirahim supporters. I was totally ready for him to be playable too.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Yikes, another AT homicide. Though I personally was not expecting Ghirahim as playable, mine heart goes out to all the supporters of him. I know you all are Furious!! Outraged!! Sick with Anger!!! but at least he got in the game in some significant form.

Bunny8093

Smash Journeyman

How could this happen? Legend of Zelda hasn't had a newcomer since Melee, are we really not getting a character :( :( :( This is a horrendous injustice. We deserve better than this.

Never use suicide as an answer, it's going to be alright :crying:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Oh, I just realized. Sakurai could change his mind and make him a last-second Yoshi clone.

He certainly has the tongue for it, and could also borrow those rainbow projectiles.

Bad joke I know.

----

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I guess I will also add my condolence. I actually thought that Ghirahim would be a great addition to the roster. I am very surprised he got announced like this. At least he did make it in and he will be playable in Hyrule Warriors so, not all was lost. Let's hope for other characters that are most likely able to get in, get in soon.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Hey. I wanted Midna in twice over, but all she's getting (like most Zelda characters) is the "trophy pole" treatment. So just be thankful he's at least in-game matches. Besides, Hyrule Warriors is slowly coming next month, so you can be fabulous with him in that game.

I guess I will also add my condolence. I actually thought that Ghirahim would be a great addition to the roster. I am very surprised he got announced like this. At least he did make it in and he will be playable in Hyrule Warriors so, not all was lost. Let's hope for other characters that are most likely able to get in, get in soon.
Well, if that roster leak is potentially true, then I don't find it whole likely for interesting characters to pop-in (especially Zelda reps).

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Never was a supporter or hater of Ghirahim, but I just disliked the fact that people thought that he was going to "replace" Ganondorf, as if they couldn't coexist in the same game.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Well this sucks, plain and simple. It is gonna be a damn shame if all these assists with tons of potential get passed over for that potentially clone infested leak.

But i digress, we fought and we can at least say we tried and kept the hope alive.

Hugs all around brothers, at least we still have hyrule warriors

And at most hes in this game to some extent, i dont even think some of the most wanted characters will even get that.

ArturoLamilla

Smash Cadet
NNID
ArturoWiiU
What if Vaati is the next Zelda representant? I always wanted Vaati from Minish Cap. But being logical minded it is imposible. I really wanted a new Zelda rep :/. But I think Metroid and DK deserves al least Ridley and K. Rool, in that case I prefered those characters because Zelda has a lot anyway.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
My condolences, guys. Not every character can make it, but every time a bigger one gets deconfirmed, I always think of how much it must sting to the supporters.

This also puts a big dent in the trophy theory...or gives Impa a big push...

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I liked Ghirahim, but he wasn't the most realistic option. Nice to see him in the game in some form, at least. (Ol' Zant will get no love.)

Never was a supporter or hater of Ghirahim, but I just disliked the fact that people thought that he was going to "replace" Ganondorf, as if they couldn't coexist in the same game.
Anyone who thought that is insane. Demise, I could at least understand the thought process behind that one.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

View attachment 22423
Ah man, dude, you have over 7000 posts, I doubt all of those were dedicated to Ghirahim. Still, I understand if speculation just became uninteresting for you, so hopefully you'll join us when the game is out in discussing the game's actual content. Just be sure to turn off ATs so to not reopen any wounds.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
kind of sucks what happen while I was not thinking of him much as a newcomer from what I know of him he could of been fun

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
Being as he's obviously gay, like me, I half expect the Westburough Baptist Church to tweet they will Pickett his funeral.

Last edited:

Two Big Guys For You

Smash Cadet

Don't man. What would David Bowie think?

As someone who LOVED Skyward Sword, like, to bits, I feel sorrow. My condoloences to you guys, especially since the Skyloft stage didn't have a boss and you had zero negative evidence to his inclusion. And the trophy theory almost cemented your hopes.

Demise is such a boring villain, and Impa is vanilla to Groose's chocolate mined from the caves of Austria. But those two would be likely getting in.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
So I used to **** on Ghirahim a lot, but you guys do have my sympathies. It sucks to get your character disconfirmed, no matter who they are. I think Assist Trophy is the best he could have hoped for, and he's in good company with Tingle, Midna, and Skull Kid. He looks like a lot of fun to play as in Hyrule Warriors too.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Something tells me the next assist shown will be Lip or Krystal sadly :(
Bbbbbbut bbbbut but the Lip's Stick is an item. :(

Actually Toon Link IS a newcomer, but he just replaced Young Link as of Brawl.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Condolences to the Ghirahim fans. I know he was much desired.

There's an Impa thread, y'know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom