• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Demon Lord Ghirahim's Fabulous Horde of Stunning Features! CONFIRMED ASSIST TROPHY APPEARANCE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
If there is a Zelda newcomer, it is from Skyward Sword. Ghirahim or Impa are the most likely ones.

It doesn't make sense to hint at a Wind Waker character with a Skyward Sword trophy and Ballad of the Goddess, essentially the Skyward Sword theme.
Agreed, they're pushing Skyward Sword really hard in this game, and it would be really out of nowhere if they added Toon Zelda instead of a SS character. And as mentioned in previous posts, it would honestly be insane to me if they didn't add at least one Zelda newcomer.

I'm still thinking they're waiting to reveal Ganondorf + Newcomer until a bit after the HW release, especially if they're drawing from that game... otherwise why would they wait? It would be a serious let-down to see all these awesome characters in a new Zelda game released exactly one month before Smash, with over-the-top moves and costumes and all, but then to see the same boring ol' Ganondorf in Smash and no one else. Players would be all, yea I guess the SSB4 Zelda characters are cool, but man the ones in HW are so much better.

Hacky-Sak did hint there would be at least 1-3 other character trailers. If there's 2 then probably one this month and one next month before release. A revamped Ganondorf + Newcomer would be a great pick for this month. And just before release... Ridley? Mewtwo or other new pokemon? Paper Mario? A fourth 3rd party character? Who would be hype enough for release, or have they already blown their load with Pac-Man and Megaman?

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Hacky-Sak did hint there would be at least 1-3 other character trailers. If there's 2 then probably one this month and one next month before release. A revamped Ganondorf + Newcomer would be a great pick for this month. And just before release... Ridley? Mewtwo or other new pokemon? Paper Mario? A fourth 3rd party character? Who would be hype enough for release, or have they already blown their load with Pac-Man and Megaman?
There is Ridley (very likely to playable) as well as Shulk. Mewtwo is a veteran, so I doubt they will make a trailer just for it and I think if it is in the game, it will likely be a secret character as it was in Melee. If Snake is back, I could see he being announced together with a newcomer, perhaps. Paper Mario would be an interesting character, but he really isn't a "hype" character, specially to be the last one to be announced pre-release.

It is all just speculation, though. Who knows what Nintendo and Sakurai has planned for the next thirty days.

Last edited:

micstar615

Smash Ace
Like I said previously, a villains trailer with Ghirahim, Mewtwo and Ridley (and maybe a decloned Ganondorf?) would make me explode from the sheer hype. That would be a brilliant way to hype the game before release, especially since we haven't had a villain newcomer at all yet iirc, and people have been requesting them a lot.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Mewtwo is not even a villain, it is just antagonized one Pokémon movie. It is not evil and it never was. Either way, a villains trailer would be nice, but I have high doubts it is happening. Plus, I want Ridley and Ghirahim to have their own trailers, not share one with various other characters, veterans and newcomers.

micstar615

Smash Ace
Mewtwo is not even a villain, it is just antagonized one Pokémon movie. It is not evil and it never was. Either way, a villains trailer would be nice, but I have high doubts it is happening. Plus, I want Ridley and Ghirahim to have their own trailers, not share one with various other characters, veterans and newcomers.
Meh, villain or not I could see him in a trailer with other villains since he was lumped together with Ganondorf and Bowser in the final event in Melee.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
He might not be a villain, but Mewtwois considered one in Smash Bros (Ex. Event 51) and he's still an antagonist, plus he's said to the 'most savage heart' of all Pokemon, so introducing him in a villains trailer, if any, is not too implausible.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990

Ghirahim boss fight 31:00 in. Our Demon Lord gets totally wrecked though, unfortunately.

Also, after having seen the villain character trailers, they make the good guys look so lame. :laugh: Was particularly surprised at how perfect Zant's abilities are for big, ridiculous attacks.

Last edited:

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
There is Ridley (very likely to playable) as well as Shulk. Mewtwo is a veteran, so I doubt they will make a trailer just for it and I think if it is in the game, it will likely be a secret character as it was in Melee. If Snake is back, I could see he being announced together with a newcomer, perhaps. Paper Mario would be an interesting character, but he really isn't a "hype" character, specially to be the last one to be announced pre-release.

It is all just speculation, though. Who knows what Nintendo and Sakurai has planned for the next thirty days.
Makes sense, Ridley, if playable, would be the best pick. Not sure why everyone is thinking about Shulk though, if there's another 3rd party I think they'd just keep Snake. But you're right about Paper Mario and Mewtwo. I'm wondering how many newcomers will be secret until release, if any. I just, sigh, can't wait until the final roster is released, I'm getting exhausted with the speculation and wait, as fun as it has been. Just want to know if we've been right or wrong all along, you know?

Maxilian

Smash Ace
Like I said previously, a villains trailer with Ghirahim, Mewtwo and Ridley (and maybe a decloned Ganondorf?) would make me explode from the sheer hype. That would be a brilliant way to hype the game before release, especially since we haven't had a villain newcomer at all yet iirc, and people have been requesting them a lot.
We should get a trailer with old villains vs new villains

Wolf, Mewtow, Ganondorf and Wario vs Ridley, Ghirahim and King K. Rool

Last edited:

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
I wanted to know how many of youse guys were interested in a Ghirahim convo.

A premium member should start it, though.
What's a convo?

Wolf in Arwing vs Ridley, Ganondorf vs Ghirahim anywhere, zany Wario on a bike vs zany KKR on a pirate ship.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Makes sense, Ridley, if playable, would be the best pick. Not sure why everyone is thinking about Shulk though, if there's another 3rd party I think they'd just keep Snake. But you're right about Paper Mario and Mewtwo. I'm wondering how many newcomers will be secret until release, if any. I just, sigh, can't wait until the final roster is released, I'm getting exhausted with the speculation and wait, as fun as it has been. Just want to know if we've been right or wrong all along, you know?
Shulk is second party, not third. He's owned by Monolith Soft, which is owned by Nintendo.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Aren't we already doing that though?
I believe Kenith means creating a private conversation for Ghirahim supporters, where like-minded individuals from this thread can discuss whatever they please without the topic being restricted solely to Ghirahim.

Waluigi is too big

Smash Journeyman
NNID
waluigi44

I like this idea. My main problem with a villain trailer (or a trailer for any villain.) is that I can't imagine Nintendo letting the bad guys win.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Here's a high quality version of Ghirahim's trailer, in case it hasn't been posted yet.

I know it's a little late, but he looks so incredibly amazing.

As an avid supporter of Ghirahim for Smash, this is exactly how I want him to play.
Just able to pull swords, knives, barriers, monsters out of nowhere.

All while looking #fabulous.

---

Also, GameXplain posted some tracks from Hyrule Warriors. This video has both the remix of Twilight Princess Hyrule Field and Skyloft!

It's so good!

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Also, I'm so happy that Anri Katsu is voicing Ghirahim again, for two reasons:

1. His Ghirahim voice is awesome
2. The only one-off character to carry over his voice actor from his game of origin. A sign perhaps?

Last edited:

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo is definitely considered a villain in Smash Bros. This video includes what Mewtwo said in the Japaneze version of Melee.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
This is bad.
If it's real, possibly.
If it's not, then no.

Frankly, I'm not buying it. Maybe he's got some insider info, but I highly doubt that is the whole roster. Hell, I doubt Dark Pit and Dr. Mario are their own characters.

This falls in line too heavily with other recent, but completely unrelated leaks.
And besides, Ghirahim could be hidden or DLC, if it's real.

But I would just ignore it for now.

Morbi

Scavenger
I'm going to pretty sad if we don't get Mewtwo, Ghirahim or Ridley (and we get freakin Dr Mario and Dark Pit instead..)
Dr. Mario and Dark Pit are, more likely than not, going to be low effort clones. I would be more upset about characters that attenuated development time.

*cough*Mii Fighters*cough*

This is bad.
I do not believe that this is relevant to Ghirahim's chance, the leaker never proclaimed that this was the final roster. There are many possibilities, most of which Kenith covered.

It's fake, guys. No need to worry your heads off.
It's real, guys. No need to worry your heads off.

Sorry, I am not going to support my argument. I am just going to make an arbitrary assertion and leave it at that. :denzel:

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
I don't think these's real (not because it doesn't have Ghirahim, but mainly because of how the roster is done and who are the possible DLC)
Apparently some mod here in SmashBoards has talked to a Nintendo rep and he has confirmed that it's not the final roster, so there's still hope for Ghirahim.

That said, it's really upsetting to see Dr. Mario and Dark Pit as independent characters.

Last edited:

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
I don't think these's real (not because it doesn't have Ghirahim, but mainly because of how the roster is done and who are the possible DLC)
Jup there are enough leads to prove it is fake, a lot of the models are reused, there are small problems with the arrangements, player characters have levels, ESBR doesn't even play games they review, the name spells "boobs" with numbers, DLC was said to be "not planned,maybe after the game is out I will give it another thought" by sakurai himself, and the model of G&W is ripped from brawl and not the new model we saw in the PacMan trailer. Keep your hopes up!

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
This is bad.
OK, just have to chime in. Not a chance this is real. Doesn't everyone remember when everyone else thought the Gematsu leak (the 2nd part, not the 1st part) was the Holy Bible?

Opinions:
There's no way Dr. Mario is in, and no way Duck Hunt is in. Seriously, Duck Hunt? I don't understand why anyone would consider Duck Hunt a possibility, it is beyond even Hacky-Sak's insanity. I also highly doubt Shulk and Baby Bowser are in, if anything, they should be Snake and Paper Mario. Why does everyone love Shulk so much and discount Snake? And I will believe no roster that has no Ghirahim, or at the very least no Zelda newcomer. And the Miis are missing.

The layout is bad, the background is bad, and the image is at an angle (which people often do to convince others that the leak is "real"--seriously, why would it be more real because it's at an angle? IT'S A TRAP). And the screen has no glare at all, which it should if it were taken in secret or whatever. And if they cleaned up the glare to make it look better, why not also fix the angle? And it was posted on 4chan. 4chan y'all.

Wario's box is messed up, G&W's box is messed up, G&W's background is brown,and ROB's background is grey. Sorry, no way is the background grey. Ganondorf's face is too dark compared to the rest of the roster, as well as G&W's. The clones would not be separated from the rest of their franchises. The characters with gender options are displayed only as one gender--Robin at least would be displayed as both genders, as that's the way they were revealed in their trailer AND how it looks on the official website.

Just way, way too much off with this. If it ends up true I will print out this post onto paper and literally eat my words. I'm that certain it's not a thing.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
OK, just have to chime in. Not a chance this is real. Doesn't everyone remember when everyone else thought the Gematsu leak (the 2nd part, not the 1st part) was the Holy Bible?

Opinions:
There's no way Dr. Mario is in, and no way Duck Hunt is in. Seriously, Duck Hunt? I don't understand why anyone would consider Duck Hunt a possibility, it is beyond even Hacky-Sak's insanity. I also highly doubt Shulk and Baby Bowser are in, if anything, they should be Snake and Paper Mario. Why does everyone love Shulk so much and discount Snake? And I will believe no roster that has no Ghirahim, or at the very least no Zelda newcomer. And the Miis are missing.

The layout is bad, the background is bad, and the image is at an angle (which people often do to convince others that the leak is "real"--seriously, why would it be more real because it's at an angle? IT'S A TRAP). And the screen has no glare at all, which it should if it were taken in secret or whatever. And if they cleaned up the glare to make it look better, why not also fix the angle? And it was posted on 4chan. 4chan y'all.

Wario's box is messed up, G&W's box is messed up, G&W's background is brown,and ROB's background is grey. Sorry, no way is the background grey. Ganondorf's face is too dark compared to the rest of the roster, as well as G&W's. The clones would not be separated from the rest of their franchises. The characters with gender options are displayed only as one gender--Robin at least would be displayed as both genders, as that's the way they were revealed in their trailer AND how it looks on the official website.

Just way, way too much off with this. If it ends up true I will print out this post onto paper and literally eat my words. I'm that certain it's not a thing.
I agree on most part, but Shulk HAS a huge chance to be in. I do not care for Shulk personally, I never played Xenoblade, but seeing how it gets another title, and its first/second party and could use some promotion in the west like Fire Emblem did, a Xenoblade rep is highly likely, and if we get one it is gonna be Shulk, no question. Snakre on the other hand has a high chance to be cut. Paper Mario would be ANOTHER Mario newcomer, as if we hadn't gotten enough of direct mario characters and mario characters disguised as their spin-off counterparts already.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom