• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Demon Lord Ghirahim's Fabulous Horde of Stunning Features! CONFIRMED ASSIST TROPHY APPEARANCE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Why WOULDN'T they look at Hyrule Warriors? It's a fricking fighting game! Canon or no canon, it's a great source of inspiration. And have you taken a look at how Zelda and Sheik fight? They seem quite a lot inspired by their Smash movesets, especially Sheik (using kunai, needles, bombs -which she didn't even use till Smash 4!- and even a move looking like her Down Smash).

I fail to see why they wouldn't look at Hyrule Warriors for inspiration. It's the first game that has other characters beside Link fully playable.

If logic doesn't work for you, don't try to speculate or reason.
Hyrule Wariros is too recent... also... you are making sound like Impa have only Hyrule Warriors to create a moveset! If she gets in, I wish she have something that really represents her appearance in main Zelda series instead of a Spin Off...

You sound out of logic too... Sakurai already stated that the roster was decided before development... I don't think the development will use Hyrule Warriors for inspiration...

Also... Hyrule warriors using Smash for reference is not equal Smash using Hyrule warriors for reference, sounds off logic to me

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
I still think we might get 7 Zelda characters. I know it sounds crazy, but each makes sense.

Ganondorf returning is obvious.

I've already made my case for Ghirahim getting in as our unique Zelda newcomer. Just look at mah RTC post.

But I really do think Impa has a good shot as a Sheik clone. Canonically, (OoT) Impa and Sheik would fight the same, and since nobody requested Impa before Hyrule Warriors except as a Sheik replacement, I wouldn't doubt that they'd make the more important Sheikah an alternate costume of Sheik early in development. It makes just as much canon sense as Lucina to Marth, and they're already pretty much the same size and stature.
Now, Hyrule Warriors is not going to affect the initial roster, it was too late. When it was first revealed, it was pretty mixed and got a lot of hate. And Impa wasn't revealed until later, so while the characters of the game could have been known, who's to say she would have stood out when showing all of them. It's much more logical to assume a Skyward Sword representative- a Zelda game made by Nintendo that matters much more to the series.
So this is where things get interesting.
Hyrule Warriors wouldn't have affected the initial roster, but clones would be added after the initial roster, Lucina wasn't initially planned.
So when she was finally revealed for Hyrule Warriors, she received a huge boost in awareness and popularity. And that's all she needed. All along, that's what had been keeping her from being a major candidate. And once she had that, why wouldn't he separate Sheik and Impa? People started wanting her in the game, and Sheik is one of the most popular characters in the (Melee) tournament scene. Sheik received some of the best reactions from the demo as well. Just look up a demo character analysis or something like that on youtube. Sheik was buffed in a lot of areas, but there were complaints about how her (I believe it was) Nair and Fair weren't kill moves like they were in Melee. She was, similar to the past, built around the concept of a fast character with low kill potential... fast and weak. They could easily make Impa heavier and stronger, or any way they want to balance it. Making her more aerial based would be a smart move, I saw very few complaints about Smash 4 Sheik, but her aerials I did see being talked about negatively.
She'd still be based of her SS appearance though, even though it makes sense because of OoT and happened because HW.

This makes so much sense to me, and I'm just going to keep on saying it until someone agrees with me.

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
@DiddyKong I've never stated that she couldn't have a final smash. Your making the assumption that everyone here is against Impa. I am certainly not. I'd love her to be in as well. My inner Zelda fan wouldn't allow me to be mad. I'd have no complaints whatsoever about her inclusion.

About the "why wouldn't they look at Hyrule Warriors for inspiration", Hyrule Warriors could really have no impact (see what I did there) on Smash at all. And that's undermining Sakurai's ability to make a moveset for her the ground up. Personally, if they include her, I don't think she would be a clone based on the fact that I can only see her being a clone if she was her OoT design because, well, she did look similar to Sheik (like when she dissapeared with a deku nut) and I think they'd use her Skyward Sword one instead.

And not to say "your wrong" or anything but when has the Ghirahim supporters bashed the Impa thread? @Mega Hawlucha was simply saying how he would prefer Ghirahim over Impa which is fine. Never did he say he'd not like for Impa to be included.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Andimidna, that's a situation I wouldn't be upset with at all. I always wanted to fight Ghirahim as Impa. In Hyrule Warriors, this will soon be possible but how awesome would it be if it's also done in Smash? That Robin and Lucina trailer made me hungry for it!

Hyrule Warriors might be 'too recent' but Sakurai can easily get inside information. Lucario, Ike, Greninja, Lucas, all where 'recent' additions in their inclusion. If Greninja's moveset was made from his concept art from Game Freak alone, and was created in just one night Sakurai could easily do the same with Impa.

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
Since both HW and SSB4 have been in development at the same time, I don't see why they couldn't have influenced each other, particularly with Ganondorf and Ghirahim (and, *sigh, Impa), considering they are only otherwise only playable in that one game.

By the way everyone this is still the

Demon Lord Ghirahim's Fabulous Horde of Stunning Features!

thread, not the Impa thread or the Ghirahim's-Horde-is-biased-against-Impa (duh) thread. Seriously, just so this is out there, no one in the Horde needs to be apologetic about not caring about Impa, not wanting Impa, wanting Ghirahim over Impa, or not thinking about Impa's moveset potential, when we're in the Ghirahim character support thread!

Specifically Impa-centric discussions and posts should be taking place on her own character support thread. Otherwise she really only should be talked about as she pertains to Ghirahim, as in the next two paragraphs for example:

Ghirahim has way more moveset potential than Impa, and it could be drawn almost directly from Skyward Sword (like Robin's moveset was from Fire Emblem), which by the way is the only place it could have been drawn from if, in fact, HW hasn't influenced SSB4 in any way. Impa doesn't even have a theme song! She is a sidekick supporting character, whereas Ghirahim is the main antagonist throughout SS, only eclipsed at the very end---and you could even argue that point, since you technically are fighting against him in his sword form in the final battle. Technically the final battle is Link & Fi VS Demise & Ghirahim. Where is Impa? About to disintegrate from old age, that's where.

In a Japanese-only character poll conducted around the time the roster was created, Ghirahim was a much more popular choice than Impa, who may not have even been on the list at all. Impa would be a waaaaay worse option than Ghirahim, and it would be an incredible shame if she were to be picked over him because we already have a Sheikah on the roster. If she happens to be a clone or alternate costume then all the better, but 2 Zeldas, 2 Links, and 2 villains is, in my humble opinion, a great Zelda roster.

Last edited:

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Impa would just make a better representitive for Zelda all over I feel. However, having both would be great to. Still, I'd pick Impa over Ghirahim any day of the week.

I also laugh at the bias here. Impa can't have a Final Smash now? But she's slewing hordes of enemies in Hyrule Warriors? Hmmm.. Something ain't right there! What about using time portals as in Skyward Sword? Or that move with the Sheikah Eye and the falling blades what she uses in the Impa & a Naginata trailer?

Look at 00:50 :

Ghirahim supporters, don't be so biased against Impa. Hyrule Warriors shows she's nothing like Sheik at all in terms of fighting style. Sheik herself even is in Hyrule Warriors to proof so, using a lot of inspiration from Smash Sheik. Ghirahim shows more similarities to other sword characters to me than Impa does with Sheik.
Let's say it this way: If it would be Skyward Sword Impa then HELL NO. NO. NO!! Because not only is that Impa close to being useless, she outright tells Link he s***'s and should go the hell home because he is too late... when she let Zelda get captured and isn't even good enough to stall Ghirahim for the, like, 10 seconds it takes to open the gateway of time and Zelda to escape. I do not have a single shred of interest in that Impa. I'd laughed in enjoyment if only she died in Skyward Sword. OoT Impa or Hyrule Warriors Impa? Yes, why not, hopefully not a Shiek clone. SS-Impa? NOT ON MY W... i mean, NOT ON DORF PATROL.

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
Impa DOES have a theme song... :rolleyes:
Then what is it called? If you're talking about Impa's Fate, it's not a theme song; it's a song that plays in a scene with Impa and Zelda in it. Ghirahim, Groose, Zelda, the little robot dude, the mole guys, they all have theme songs that play whenever they appear. Impa just plain doesn't have one.

Separately, you mostly have been coming to this thread to talk about Impa, and I kinda think you should stick to the Impa thread:

http://smashboards.com/threads/impa-the-enigmatic-sheikah-sage-of-shadow.331608/

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
If only I could shove my Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper disc into my Wii U at the same time with Hyrule Warriors to create the ultimate lineup of awesome characters and gameplay. Also to pit Ghriahim against Zhang He in the ultimate battle of fabulousness. :colorful:

Alas.. I would just end up with 2 broken CDs and a broken disc port :c

micstar615

Smash Ace
If the Zelda series does get a newcomer, Ghirahim would be my preferred choice.

As for the the Ghirahim vs Impa debate, I'd pick Ghirahim over Impa but would be fine if Impa was added because she's also a cool character. I would prefer Ghirahim and here's my take on the debate:

A) He's the main villain of SS. Impa is a secondary character. SS is her only major appearance iirc where she's not just a sage or a nursemaid but an active character. But she's still secondary. I'd pick the main villain over a supporting character.

B) SSB only has like 3 villains right now. I personally want more and Ghirahim is a good choice. He's the only one that wouldn't be slow and heavy as well. Also his personality is very unique. Impa's whole niche is already done by Sheik. Even if Impa was given a new moveset, the agile, ninja like female fighter archetype is already filled. I think Ghirahim has more to offer.

C) He has amazing moveset potential. He wouldn't just be a sworduser, he uses magic as well. I can't see Impa doing much, she's got potential too don't get me wrong, but I feel as if Ghirahim would be more unique.

The biggest problem Ghirahim has against him is that he's a "one off" character however he's appearing in HW so he's not really "one off" anymore per se and we already have some one offs in the cast already (Sheik, Lucina, Robin etc). It's truly up in the air, right now it's equally likely that Zelda could get a new rep or none at all, however the Demon Lord has my support.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Sooooooo, are we expecting Ganondorf tomorrow or...........Ghirahim? I don't know......
Well, with Meta Knight randomly showing up, I don't know anymore.
I didn't expect Ganondorf on Thursday, anyway.

I think Friday seems more likely, if at all.
If he's not shown, I imagine he's secret, or in a trailer.

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
If the Zelda series does get a newcomer, Ghirahim would be my preferred choice.

As for the the Ghirahim vs Impa debate, I'd pick Ghirahim over Impa but would be fine if Impa was added because she's also a cool character. I would prefer Ghirahim and here's my take on the debate:

A) He's the main villain of SS. Impa is a secondary character. SS is her only major appearance iirc where she's not just a sage or a nursemaid but an active character. But she's still secondary. I'd pick the main villain over a supporting character.

B) SSB only has like 3 villains right now. I personally want more and Ghirahim is a good choice. He's the only one that wouldn't be slow and heavy as well. Also his personality is very unique. Impa's whole niche is already done by Sheik. Even if Impa was given a new moveset, the agile, ninja like female fighter archetype is already filled. I think Ghirahim has more to offer.

C) He has amazing moveset potential. He wouldn't just be a sworduser, he uses magic as well. I can't see Impa doing much, she's got potential too don't get me wrong, but I feel as if Ghirahim would be more unique.

The biggest problem Ghirahim has against him is that he's a "one off" character however he's appearing in HW so he's not really "one off" anymore per se and we already have some one offs in the cast already (Sheik, Lucina, Robin etc). It's truly up in the air, right now it's equally likely that Zelda could get a new rep or none at all, however the Demon Lord has my support.

Good points, didn't think about how the villains tend to be slow and heavy, although Wolf isn't as heavy as say Bowser or Ganondorf or Dedede (if he counts). Not sure if Metaknight counts as a villain or not, either.

What do you think his magic attacks would be besides teleportation and the knives? Besides that, he mostly summons and uses swords and miscellaneous things, and throws up barriers.

Well, with Meta Knight randomly showing up, I don't know anymore.
I didn't expect Ganondorf on Thursday, anyway.

I think Friday seems more likely, if at all.
If he's not shown, I imagine he's secret, or in a trailer.
I'm not in the loop, why would anyone expect a Ganondorf reveal this week?

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Gannondorf or Ghirahim's confirmation could come at any time, regardless of Meta Knight.
We're down to a month people, anything could happen now.

andimidna

Smash Master
It's more likely that we'll get a villains trailer in an August Direct than a Ganondorf reveal right after MK's reveal.
Which is only better, so yay!

micstar615

Smash Ace
Good points, didn't think about how the villains tend to be slow and heavy, although Wolf isn't as heavy as say Bowser or Ganondorf or Dedede (if he counts). Not sure if Metaknight counts as a villain or not, either.

What do you think his magic attacks would be besides teleportation and the knives? Besides that, he mostly summons and uses swords and miscellaneous things, and throws up barriers.

I'm not in the loop, why would anyone expect a Ganondorf reveal this week?
Isn't Wolf an anti hero? Meta Knight is a bit of a rival/anti hero. I think what you mentioned would be great, he also throws out those flame wheel things from one of his boss fights. Perhaps "magic" wasn't the right term, I meant to say that he has many tactics and weapons he uses other than his sword :p

The Curious Volnutt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theOmni1337
True but I feel like a villain is still a villain even if they have anti hero moments, especially if they have more villainous moments than anti hero moments.
Eh, I label Bowser as an antagonist not a villain. But that's just me personally, I agree with your statement.

Last edited:
NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Ghirahim's introduction is easily the best in Hyrule Warriors.

Ghirahim is easily the best in Hyrule Warriors.

Ghirahim should be playable in Sm4sh :(

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I just wonder why he doesn't use his broadsword in his black forme.

Hong

The Strongest
I just finished watching the Hyrule Warrior trailer for Ghirahim.

Goodness gracious. Simply magnificent. He looks great.

Sakurai, pls

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Maybe it's another weapon he can use, just like Link has the sword and shield, the fire rod and the gloves.
Speaking of those, I really don't think those items suit Link best. Wish he could use the Biggoron Sword as an alternative weapon.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I'm happy to know i'm not the only one who dislike that song, i don't dislike it that much but still it could be better
The biggest problem is that the song doesn't fit him. It is not fabulous and eerie enough. This song fits him:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
If we have to have a Zelda newcomer, which is actually pretty likely, I want Ghirahim. Knowing Sakurai, it's probably Toon Zelda.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
If we have to have a Zelda newcomer, which is actually pretty likely, I want Ghirahim. Knowing Sakurai, it's probably Toon Zelda.
Well Ghirahim have a lot of things on his favor but Toon Zelda have in her favor the fact that she was planned for Brawl (but also she was planned as a character who transform and now we don't have transformation, so that makes it harder for them, also one of the most unique and cool abilities Toon Zelda could use was the Phantom Zelda attack, but now Zelda have it so right now she's even less likely, but she could still end up as a clone and if that happens we could end up in the same way as Fire Emblem, with 2 newcomers, 1 clone and 1 completely new character, so we could get Toon Zelda or Impa as a clone and get Ghirahim (or any other character) as the unique character

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
If there is a Zelda newcomer, it is from Skyward Sword. Ghirahim or Impa are the most likely ones.

It doesn't make sense to hint at a Wind Waker character with a Skyward Sword trophy and Ballad of the Goddess, essentially the Skyward Sword theme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom