• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Demon Lord Ghirahim's Fabulous Horde of Stunning Features! CONFIRMED ASSIST TROPHY APPEARANCE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
I agree on most part, but Shulk HAS a huge chance to be in. I do not care for Shulk personally, I never played Xenoblade, but seeing how it gets another title, and its first/second party and could use some promotion in the west like Fire Emblem did, a Xenoblade rep is highly likely, and if we get one it is gonna be Shulk, no question. Snakre on the other hand has a high chance to be cut. Paper Mario would be ANOTHER Mario newcomer, as if we hadn't gotten enough of direct mario characters and mario characters disguised as their spin-off counterparts already.
With Paper Mario, what I mean is that if there is another Mario character, it would be Paper Mario and not Baby Bowser or Dr Mario.

Maybe you're right about Shulk, but I feel like he would have to have a character trailer revealed before the release of the game, some time in the next three weeks. I mean sure, @ Maxilian Maxilian is right in that we'll have to wait and see (not for much longer, either). But Snake is the only non-first-party character I could see being in the game without being revealed beforehand, him being a veteran. And since he's pretty unique, I don't know why he'd be cut--plus, on the other side, Kojima would certainly not say no to have him return to Smash Bros. Who knows, maybe they'll both get in. I wouldn't complain, I just don't think Shulk will replace Snake.

In any event, the screenshot is a shimmy-sham.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Disconfirmed :(

"Pic of the day. "No, I'll just beat you within an inch of your life!" Demon Lord Ghirahim makes an appearance in Smash Bros!! He's an Assist Trophy, so he could conceivably back up Link, too."

Last edited:

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
My condolences. May Demon Lord Ghirahim ride on as playable in Hyrule Warriors at least.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Sorry Ghirahim fans. At least he can creep people out with his flicking tongue.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
You know the roster is garbage when I'd rather play as the Assist Trophies. K. Rool and Ridley better not be deconfirmed next. :/

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I'm deeply sorry for all those who wanted him. I know you all loved him, and wanted him in the game as a playable character, but he's just an Assist Trophy. :( I know how all of you feel right now - Same thing happened with Takamaru. ;_; I was heartbroken. Regardless, the whole point of the game is to have fun. So take up this disappointment, shove it in a corner and admire the fabulous Demon Lord's majestic debut in Super Smash Bros for Wii U! :)

Bunny8093

Smash Journeyman
AGH NO!!!

T^T Oh God this hurts! He's was like my most wanted that hadn't been confirmed beside of Krystal... My heart man... My heart....

I'm deeply sorry for all those who wanted him. I know you all loved him, and wanted him in the game as a playable character, but he's just an Assist Trophy. :( I know how all of you feel right now - Same thing happened with Takamaru. ;_; I was heartbroken. Regardless, the whole point of the game is to have fun. So take up this disappointment, shove it in a corner and admire the fabulous Demon Lord's majestic debut in Super Smash Bros for Wii U! :)
Trust me Takamaru was a well wanted character by me too... This just makes it worse T^T

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
The dream is dead. Aw man...

At least he's there, though! And man does he look great. And besides, I can just play as him in Hyrule Warriors. Good to see you at all, my lord!

AgentHX

Smash Cadet
NNID
HotShotHunter
Jeez, this stings. I didn't even really support Ghirahim, but I can feel the hurt. Sucks when a character is just disconfirmed like that. Times like these remind me that no character is truly safe unless they're outright confirmed. It keeps us on edge. Anyway, really sorry Ghirahim fans. At least there's still Hyrule Warriors.

Last edited:

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
I'm not as mad because he's playable in Hyrule Warriors, but I'm sorry for everyone who was pulling for him. I'm happy he's more than just a trophy, though.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
This was my favorite character support thread

Holder of the Heel's wish came true. I can't wait to see what kind of reaction he'll have.

Last edited:

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
RIP. Im gay, and he's probably, to me, the most attractive Zelda character ever.

At least he's in in some form. makes me happy.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
My condolences...

He would have been fun.

Dat tongue tho....

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
I stand on what I said before that I felt he wasn't going to be playable. I'm surprised he was in the game at all. All we can do now is wonder what he'll do. Welcome to Smash, Ghirahim.

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
My condolences guys. He does look pretty good though. Good to see such detail being given to AT's.

D

Deleted member

Yikes...that was somethin I didn't see coming (And I used to be a supporter myself)

My condolences to the fans.

AnoA

Smash Cadet
It's a shame. I truly believed he had a chance at being a playable char. I always prefered Tetra though. Let's hope for her inclusion! XD

Solar Crimson

Smash Cadet
NNID
SolarCrimson
3DS FC
1504-6082-4629
Man, I had kind of wanted him after finally playing Skyward Sword, and I thought his demand in Japan would help him. Guess not; in fact, it looks like a few of Japan's favorites got the shaft (specifically Takamaru and Prince of Sable).

Chase

Smash Ace
Sorry, guys. My honest condolences, and I hope that he'll get his chance another day.

The-Power-Within

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterSword06
3DS FC
0447-7094-2346
Well, this sucks. My condolences to those who wanted Ghirahim in Smash.

Well, at least he's in at all. He's not playable but he's in.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I'm not as mad because he's playable in Hyrule Warriors, but I'm sorry for everyone who was pulling for him. I'm happy he's more than just a trophy, though.
That's the same reason why I'm not too mad about no playable Toad in Smash anymore... he got his own game!

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Ouch.
Im telling you, the Assist Trophy deconfirmations get even bigger each time. Incoming Ridley or K. Rool AT/stage boss pic. Blood shall be spilled...
P.S. A shame about Ghirahim indeed. We have come to almost no new Zelda character options with all the strong choices getting the AT treatment. What is left: Zant? Tetra?(yes pls).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom