• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Demon Lord Ghirahim's Fabulous Horde of Stunning Features! CONFIRMED ASSIST TROPHY APPEARANCE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Let's go!
Ghirahim only run of Hyrule Warriors!
Fabulous, exquisite fighting that I won't see in any other character!

Also I'm pretty sure Ghirahim is unlockable by now.
Although I do expect his reveal sometimes now because of the Lucina reveal.
Unless you count having to unlock Ghirahim in Hyrule Warriors, he looks unlockable to me, then doing that would be interesting to see.

I think Ghirahim will be unlockable in SSB4.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
It wouldn't surprise me to see Ghirahim as a hidden character. He's not that big compared to other characters they could announce (pun not intended). That said, I'd really love to see him in a Smash Bros. trailer...

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
Fair enough, although I never said Ballad of the Goddess is Impa's theme. What I said was that it is more related to Impa than it is to Ghirahim.

If the trophy quiz theory is true, then two of the characters will be related to the music playing during the trophy quiz sections. Id~Purpose (Robin) and Ridley's Theme (honestly, if there is a Metroid rep, it will be Ridley). I never played Kid Icarus Uprising, so I have no idea if the music playing when Pseudo-Palutena's trophy was show is related to Palutena, though. That leaves Ballad of the Goddess, which might be related to a possible Zelda newcomer.

Either way, it is just a theory. I want Ghirahim to be the Zelda newcomer so much, that any other character (except maybe Fi, who is unlikely to be playable) being playable in his place, would make me very disappointed. Nothing against Impa, but she just doesn't seem to bring much to Smash as Ghirahim would, IMO.
My bad, don't know why I was thinking you said Impa's theme... must have been because I was thinking about how Robin, Ridley, and Palutena have themes, but Impa doesn't. That said, I don't think they could do Ghirahim's theme without either deconfirming him or hinting strongly of his inclusion, which may be why they didn't use it (assuming he is in the game). They would have to have shown a trophy of him, Demise, or a bobokin or something, for his theme to fit in place.

Speaking of trophies and why they showed Fi's instead of someone else, it's possible that Impa, Ghirahim, and Demise are all actually in the game in some form or another. Demise could be final smash or alt costume (Ganondorf's HW design is very Demise-esque). Ghirahim is could be playable. Impa could be a unique playable character, a clone, or an alt costume for Sheik. And, SS Zelda could be an alt costume for Zelda. Would be a lot of SS representation in Smash, though.

If we don't get Ghirahim in Smash bros, at least we have him in Hyrule Warriors.
Not good enough I say!! Too much Ghirahim is never enough!!

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
There's never enough Skyward Sword representation.

And I agree, Ghirahim being playable in HW is nice, but it's not enough! I want to punch Mario in the face and then dance around his corpse.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm really hoping Ghiarahim will be playable now. It's not that I didn't support him before, because goddamn is he the best part of Skyward Sword, but I just didn't see it.

Now I can see it.

C'mon, Trophy Quiz theory, don't fail us now...

(Also, it looks like "Oh, they're just a one-shot" is now a thing of the past :shades:)

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
I'm really hoping Ghiarahim will be playable now. It's not that I didn't support him before, because goddamn is he the best part of Skyward Sword, but I just didn't see it.

Now I can see it.

C'mon, Trophy Quiz theory, don't fail us now...

(Also, it looks like "Oh, they're just a one-shot" is now a thing of the past :shades:)
With Lucina and Robin there, and people asking for Shulk, I guess one-shots can get in Smash too. Also, I consider Ghirahim to be the best Zelda villain, after Ganondorf of course, so he deserves it!

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
With Lucina and Robin there, and people asking for Shulk, I guess one-shots can get in Smash too. Also, I consider Ghirahim to be the best Zelda villain, after Ganondorf of course, so he deserves it!
I don't like one-shots in Smash, but I feel Ghirahim is an exception since he's unique and popular enough. But I wouldn't be that upset if he doesn't get in. I think Hyrule Warriors is enough. And lol, what did Mario do to you?

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
If we don't get Ghirahim in Smash bros, at least we have him in Hyrule Warriors.
I am not interested in Musou games, including Hyrule Warriors, so Ghirahim being there means little to me.
My bad, don't know why I was thinking you said Impa's theme... must have been because I was thinking about how Robin, Ridley, and Palutena have themes, but Impa doesn't. That said, I don't think they could do Ghirahim's theme without either deconfirming him or hinting strongly of his inclusion, which may be why they didn't use it (assuming he is in the game). They would have to have shown a trophy of him, Demise, or a bobokin or something, for his theme to fit in place.

Speaking of trophies and why they showed Fi's instead of someone else, it's possible that Impa, Ghirahim, and Demise are all actually in the game in some form or another. Demise could be final smash or alt costume (Ganondorf's HW design is very Demise-esque). Ghirahim is could be playable. Impa could be a unique playable character, a clone, or an alt costume for Sheik. And, SS Zelda could be an alt costume for Zelda. Would be a lot of SS representation in Smash, though.
It is okay!

Yeah, that would be a lot of SS/Zelda in general representation in Smash, so I don't think it will happen. I don't think Ganondorf will have his HW design in Smash either, mainly because Zelda and Link kept their Twilight Princess designs, but it would be interesting if he has, even though his Twilight Princess design is my favorite, right behind his design from Wind Waker. I can totally see Ghirahim as a playable character with Demise appearing during his Final Smash, though.

Speaking of SS, I am still bummed they didn't upgrade Zelda's design in Smash 4, specially now that Zelda and Sheik are completely different characters.

I'm only saying that at least we'll have a game that let's us play as him.

Ghirahim is one of my most wanted newcomers along with Ridley and K.Rool so of course I want him to be a fighter.

I think The Legend of Zelda deserves a newcomer. We've had the same roster since Melee (Toon Link is pretty much a Young Link replacement).

I don't care if Ghirahim has only been in one game, Greninja, Robin and Lucina have only been in one game, but that shouldn't make them unworthy of a spot if they are good characters.

Last edited:

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Dayum, i am REALLY mad I'm on vacation right now and can't watch videos that are too long (damn you, datalimit!), so i cannot see he faboulessness in motion sadly... thanks to whoever provided the pictures though, they look godly.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
To celebrate Ghirahim's confirmation of being playable in Hyrule Warriors, I created more color alts using a new model (the one that Kenith used). Some color alts were revised from the previous set I made.

Last edited:

Gooper Blooper

Smash Apprentice
Well you have another supporter!! It's the villains time to rool. King K Rool, Ridley, Bandana Dee, and Ghirahim would be my villain picks for for the game.

Can't wait to see if Ghirahim gets confirmed, Best of wishes.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Well you have another supporter!! It's the villains time to rool. King K Rool, Ridley, Bandana Dee, and Ghirahim would be my villain picks for for the game.

I'm sorry, I didn't notice most of this post because you are a Gooper Blooper.

Last edited:

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
After seeing only mere seconds of Ghirahim in action in Hyrule Warriors, I can already seeing myself going to him as my favourite. Hey, I'm a sucker for the guy.

BTW, if HW Ganondorf was Smash Ganondorf then that would just be friggin' awesome! HE ACTUALLY USES HIS SWORD FOR FIGHTING!!!!!! :rotfl:

Edit: Does anyone else think Ghirahim looks... different. I can't put my finger on it but... I don't know, he just looks different as weird as that may sound.

Last edited:
NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
And lol, what did Mario do to you?
Oh, he stole three stars from me in a Mario Party game like seven years ago and I've "hated" him ever since. I always use him as sandbag in Smash.

To celebrate Ghirahim's confirmation of being playable in Hyrule Warriors, I created more color alts using a new model (the one that Kenith used). Some color alts were revised from the previous set I made.

This one is GREAT.

Praise our Demon Lord and savior Ghirahim!

Reila

You lost me when you mentioned Waddle Dee. Welcome to the forum, by the way!

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
Just an update, doesn't necessarily have anything to do with Ghirahim but I thought I shoould share it with my fellow Zelda fans.

Nintendo has officially confirmed Sheik's gender. For those who don't know, there has been an ongoing debate in the Zelda fanbase regarding Sheik's gender. Sheik was clearly more masculine than Zelda with Sheik's build and voice. Ruto even calls Sheik a man.

This is Nintendo's official stance on the matter:
The definitive answer is that Sheik is a woman — simply Zelda in a different outfit.
- Bill Trinen

There you have it. Sheik is female. We can finally put this debate to rest.

Reila

Well, of course Sheik is female lol. Sheik = Zelda. Zelda = female. Seriously, the people who thought she was a man... I don't understand them.

(Ruto calling her a man means nothing).

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Well, of course Sheik is female lol. Sheik = Zelda. Zelda = female. Seriously, the people who thought she was a man... I don't understand them.

(Ruto calling her a man means nothing).
For the sake of being Devil's advocate....

Sheik is a persona, a disguise. While this may mean that biologically Sheik is female, Sheik, as created by Zelda and Impa, is male.

So, when it gets down to it, we have to ask "Is Sheik presenting as male or female?" Since the express purpose of Sheik's existence is to hide the fact that Zelda and Sheik are the same person, it's not a stretch of the imagination to see why one would want to use masculine pronouns when referring to Sheik.

Last edited:
NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Sheik is Zelda disguised as a man. So I would say it is a she trying to be a he. So either is fine, but I've always used "she" and "her" when talking about Sheik.

But this is all about our Demon Lord Ghirahim, forget about that unworthy Sheikah!

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
If Ghirahim is in the game, what do you think his Final Smash will be? His final form?

Reila

If Ghirahim is in the game, what do you think his Final Smash will be? His final form?
I think it would be either a cinematic with Demise appearing, Ghirahim turning in his sword form, with Demise proceeding to attack the opponents.

Or

Ghirahim turns into sword form temporarily, like Fi does in some of her attacks in Hyrule Warriors.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
I think it would be either a cinematic with Demise appearing, Ghirahim turning in his sword form, with Demise proceeding to attack the opponents.

Or

Ghirahim turns into sword form temporarily, like Fi does in some of her attacks in Hyrule Warriors.
The first option would be great, actually. A bit of a spoiler, but Sakurai doesn't really seem to mind about this kind of stuff, does he? I mean, Lucina's trailer had her saying "Father!" to Chrom, which is a huuuuge Awakening spoiler.

Imagine Demise swinging our lord around in the battlefield like a madman.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
The first option would be great, actually. A bit of a spoiler, but Sakurai doesn't really seem to mind about this kind of stuff, does he? I mean, Lucina's trailer had her saying "Father!" to Chrom, which is a huuuuge Awakening spoiler.

Actually, she says "for my father" which isn't technically spoilers in and of itself, though Lucina being called Lucina instead of "Marth" is spoilers

Last edited:

Reila

Lucina's gender, Lucina being Chroms daughter, not to mention a Kid Icarus Uprising spoiler in Palutena's trailer, etc. He doesn't really care.

You know what I would really like? If when Ghirahim uses his FS, the scenery change to Hylia's Realm, where you fight Demise in Skyward Sword, kind of like when Captain Falcon use his FS and the scenery changes to a racing track from F-Zero. That would only work with a 100% cinematic FS, though.

Though if Ganondorf looks like Hyrule Warriors!Ganondorf in Smash 4, Demise appearing in Ghirahim's Smash could be confusing for people who didn't get to play Skyward Sword. Then again, I think Ganondorf will have his Twilight Princess design again in Smash and if Ghirahim is playable, I doubt his FS will be anything like what I am suggesting .

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Though if Ganondorf looks like Hyrule Warriors!Ganondorf in Smash 4, Demise appearing in Ghirahim's Smash could be confusing for people who didn't get to play Skyward Sword. Then again, I think Ganondorf will have his Twilight Princess design again in Smash and if Ghirahim is playable, I doubt his FS will be anything like what I am suggesting .
Well, considering Link and Zelda are keeping their Twilight Princess looks, I guess Ganondorf will too. Perhaps we'll get a Hyrule Warriors alt if anything.

And I'd agree in having some kind of "aimed" FS. Maybe Ghirahim could go into sword form and fly forward and, if he hits someone, Demise appears and strikes the opponent with the sword, maybe with a combo (just like Link's or Ike's FS).

domokl

Smash Lord
in hyrule warriors after unlocking girahim which I will probably need to finish the whole story for. i will go through all the levels again with girahim and wreck them.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Sheik is Zelda disguised as a man. So I would say it is a she trying to be a he. So either is fine, but I've always used "she" and "her" when talking about Sheik.

But this is all about our Demon Lord Ghirahim, forget about that unworthy Sheikah!
One last thing concerning Shiek: actually, in the handbook and some other media Shiek is described as being a man, and that Zelda LITERALLY TRANSFORMS into Shiek, switching her gender. Looks like bill pulled a Birdo there. (FYI Birdo was originally written as a male).

B2Ghirahim though: GIMME. NOW. SAKURAI PLIS!

Waterwraith

Smash Cadet
I can' believe I've never seen this thread before. Count me as a Ghirahim supporter.

I'd take any new Zelda rep, but since Midna and Skull Kid were deconfirmed, Ghirahim was next on my list.

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
I can' believe I've never seen this thread before. Count me as a Ghirahim supporter.

I'd take any new Zelda rep, but since Midna and Skull Kid were deconfirmed, Ghirahim was next on my list.
He was third on your list... but you do herald Demon Lord Ghirahim as your avatar. We accept you into the Horde.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
Well we have a couple of options:

- One like Captain Falcon (with a Cinematic) where Demise appear and use Ghirahim transform into a sword and Demise beat the crap of the other character

- Ghirahim transform into a sword and you use Demise for a while (something like Giga Bowser or Super Wario)

- Ghirahim go to his ultimate form and you use him like that for a while (like Giga Bowser or Super Wario)

andimidna

Smash Master
I want the ENTIRE HORDE down at the Rate Their Chances thread tomorrow! Ghirahim will be rated in chance and want either tomorrow or Friday. I hope you can all come down with whatever support or evidence you wish to bring!!!
I'll post a :4link: when it starts!
And I might bother a few people to get them to come... ;)

Speaking of evidence!
Did anybody watch the most recent Nintendo Minute?
:4link:: http://youtu.be/NVVmWBHD2mY?t=5m28s
Huh... looks like we're not the only one spreading Ghirahim awareness... ;)

Last edited:

FyrianFate

Smash Apprentice
- One like Captain Falcon (with a Cinematic) where Demise appear and use Ghirahim transform into a sword and Demise beat the crap of the other character

- Ghirahim transform into a sword and you use Demise for a while (something like Giga Bowser or Super Wario)

- Ghirahim go to his ultimate form and you use him like that for a while (like Giga Bowser or Super Wario)
I was thinking, and maybe another option would be the floating platforms and spears he creates during the final part of the game, like maybe he traps someone, then spikes fall everywhere and prevent the others from moving around, and then he can place his sword through his victim's chest like you do to him in Skyward Sword. I would actually prefer this, since I hate transformation final smashes, and, while being faithful to the story, Demise appearing would be a let down since we're not getting Ghirahim awesomeness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom