• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Demon Lord Ghirahim's Fabulous Horde of Stunning Features! CONFIRMED ASSIST TROPHY APPEARANCE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
All of my yes.
Even if that was annoying as hell, as long as it meant Ghirahim being in and not freaking , never shutting up, worse than Navi Fi, I'd gladly take that kind of AT for Fi a hundred times and be grateful.

Last edited:

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
I think there's a good chance they'll show off playable villains in Hyrule Warriors, and right after showing off Ghirahim, the narrator will say something like "Ghirahim has another role, too." Cut to Smash 4 announce trailer.

Also, how long do people expect this Direct to be? I can't see it being more than about 10 minutes unless there's a ton more to Hyrule Warriors than Nintendo has so far revealed. We've already had so many character trailers, live gameplay demos, etc, that they might put in a Zelda Smash Newcomer reveal just to make the Direct longer.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Also, how long do people expect this Direct to be? I can't see it being more than about 10 minutes unless there's a ton more to Hyrule Warriors than Nintendo has so far revealed. We've already had so many character trailers, live gameplay demos, etc, that they might put in a Zelda Smash Newcomer reveal just to make the Direct longer.
I think regardless of what they're revealing it's going to be about 20 minutes long.

Though I'd be okay if three of those minutes were a dual Ganondorf/Ghirahim Smash trailer.
Though, as I said before, I would not get my hopes for that.

Mewtwoultima

Smash Apprentice
I think regardless of what they're revealing it's going to be about 20 minutes long.

Though I'd be okay if three of those minutes were a dual Ganondorf/Ghirahim Smash trailer.
Though, as I said before, I would not get my hopes for that.
I think that sounds about right for how long the direct will be. It will be exciting to see what news will be revealed. Perhaps the mystery of Ganondorf in hyrule warriors will finally be answered?

It's possible for the direct to have a surprise Smash bros. trailer I think since it would fit perfectly as promotion for Hyrule Warriors release in Japan. Too bad the direct is really late though...

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Well of course I'm going to end up watching the Direct just in the vein hope some Smash Bros. stuff is shown at some point. It's probably completely unreasonable to expect it, but why not, 11-whenever PM isn't too bad anyway really and Hyrule Warriors will at least be interesting enough to hold my attention and perhaps convince me why I should buy it when it does come out a little more. But if we got Ghirahim and revamped Ganondorf in a trailer at the end of the direct I'd be pretty happy to see another Smash newcomer and one of my favorite characters finally getting the overall he deserves. Plus Ghirahim would be the first villain and just maybe the flood gates for more could open (Just maybe...just maybe...) and he could be a pretty cool character anyway on his own merits.

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
I rather doubt they will include a Smash trailer or announcement within a Hyrule Warriors NDirect.

Think about it--they're announcing the HW NDirect way ahead of time, and are expecting a bunch of people to stay up until 10pm, 4am, whathaveyou, to see HW... but if all of a sudden they derail HW to promote Smash, they are betraying the people who sacrificed their time to watch a demo of HW. AND, people who would have wanted to see Smash would be mad, too, that they didn't know about a Smash trailer ahead of time.

Integrity shattered.

That said, I'm excited about HW. It would be awesome to see Ganondorf and Ghirahim as playable. SO. AWESOME.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I rather doubt they will include a Smash trailer or announcement within a Hyrule Warriors NDirect.
Think about it--they're announcing the HW NDirect way ahead of time, and are expecting a bunch of people to stay up until 10pm, 4am, whathaveyou, to see HW... but if all of a sudden they derail HW to promote Smash, they are betraying the people who sacrificed their time to watch a demo of HW. AND, people who would have wanted to see Smash would be mad, too, that they didn't know about a Smash trailer ahead of time. Integrity shattered.
This.

The only time character reveals tie in in to other games are for veterans.
Newcomer reveals are either random, or related to anniversaries.

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman
So, one thing that I notice that helps the Zelda rep is to remember that we did not get a new roster spot in Brawl. We got Toon Link but he overwrote Young Link.

Zelda, a big series, deserves another character slot after not getting one for a whole Smash game... right?

I think that is why the new slot will be the 2nd Villain spot. Ghirahim may be a "one-shot villain" so far. But he would be great for that 2nd antagonist spot. He then would also be a "One-shot" for Smash also! Just like Young Link was. And in Smash 5, Ghirahim would be replaced by WII U Zelda's other antagonists.

Makes sense, ya? I'd be happy with it too. We'd get ourselves a couple good years of fabulousness.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
At this point, I'm not worried about Ghirahim being in Smash. Hyrule Warriors is enough for me. The villains are more than likely going to be playable as well, so I will have my chance to play as Ghirahim in HW. AND IT WILL BE GLORIOUS.

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
People have brought up the idea of a villains trailer. Do you think it'll happen and, more on topic, would Ghirahim be part of it?

I'm kind of split because the lack of villain reveals is fishy but I think a trailer showing a lot of character announcements is too greedy.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
People have brought up the idea of a villains trailer. Do you think it'll happen and, more on topic, would Ghirahim be part of it?

I'm kind of split because the lack of villain reveals is fishy but I think a trailer showing a lot of character announcements is too greedy.
Greedy, but amazing...
But I won't put my hopes up for that...

Hi, I joined Smashboards yesterday and I am a big supporter of Ghirahim being in Super Smash Bros for Wii U and 3DS.

Ghirahim, Ridley and K.Rool are my most wanted newcomers.

I'm not going to hold out hope for anything to happen during the HW direct tomorrow but I wish there was a trailer confirming Ganondorf as a returning veteran (preferably with a new moveset) and newcomer Ghirahim. But this is a HW dedicated direct so I don't see that happening.

My only hope for Ghirahim is the trophy quiz.

Robin's theme playing during the Fire Emblem trophy.

Skyward Sword's Ballad of the Goddess playing during the Fi trophy (SPOILERS FOR SKYWARD SWORD: Fi being the same species and the opposite of Ghirahim)

Palutena's theme during the Pseudo Palutena trophy.

Ridley's theme during the King Kihunter trophy (which Ridley's adolescent form was eating the corpse of in Other M).

The trophy quiz theory is a very very believable theory in my opinion. Robin's theme playing during the Fire Emblem trophy makes it a strong theory because everyone expected Chrom to be the newcomer FE rep. But we got Robin instead.

It seems to me like Ridley, A Skyward Sword rep (Ghirahim/Impa perhaps?) are left to be announced since we got Robin and Palutena from the trophy quiz.

Last edited:

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Hi, I joined Smashboards yesterday and I am a big supporter of Ghirahim being in Super Smash Bros for Wii U and 3DS.

I'm not going to hold out hope for anything to happen during the HW direct tomorrow but I wish there was a trailer confirming Ganondorf as a returning veteran (preferably with a new moveset) and newcomer Ghirahim. But this is a HW dedicated direct so I don't see that happening.

Skyward Sword's Ballad of the Goddess playing during the Fi trophy (SPOILERS FOR SKYWARD SWORD: Fi being the same species and the opposite of Ghirahim)

Ridley's theme during the King Kihunter trophy (which Ridley's adolescent form was eating the corpse of in Other M).

The trophy quiz theory is a very very believable theory in my opinion. Robin's theme playing during the Fire Emblem trophy makes it a strong theory because everyone expected Chrom to be the newcomer FE rep. But we got Robin instead.

It seems to me like Ridley, A Skyward Sword rep (Ghirahim/Impa perhaps?) are left to be announced since we got Robin and Palutena from the trophy quiz.
Pac-Man and Mii were confirmed and there were no trophies hinting at them.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Pac-Man and Mii were confirmed and there were no trophies hinting at them.
What you wanted? To we get trophy from every series so the entire roster could be spoiled? Sakurai is a tricky man, he will never do hints about every character! Also, nice way to welcome someone...

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
What you wanted? To we get trophy from every series so the entire roster could be spoiled? Sakurai is a tricky man, he will never do hints about every character! Also, nice way to welcome someone...
........what? I'm just saying that it seems silly to assume that all the trophies are hinting at newcomers when 2 newcomers so far didn't have trophies related to them in the direct and it could likely be coincidence that the other reveals had trophies related to them shown in the direct.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
........what? I'm just saying that it seems silly to assume that all the trophies are hinting at newcomers when 2 newcomers so far didn't have trophies related to them in the direct and it could likely be coincidence that the other reveals had trophies related to them shown in the direct.
Well, it is just a theory. Sorry, it was my bad side here. Perhaps, if it turns to be true, only these trophies were chosen to hint characters. But imagine if every characters needs a trophy hint to be speculated, it will be to odd and to obvious...

mistermews

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0275-8819-2543
Hello there? I heard that there was quite a crowd of Ghirahim's servants gathered here. I must say, I hope I'm not too late to this fabulous party as he is currently my #3 for Smash and also my favourite Zelda character in general. I do mean, without him I wouldn't have liked Skyward Sword. I would like to be added to the supporter list, for the Demon Lord Ghirahim.

Also I do hope he's a playable character in Hyrule Warriors. I think 20-ish minutes of HW would mean a lot of reveals. Don't count on a character reveal though. Probably. Hopefully.

Lana joins the battle!

Last edited:

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Let's see if Sakurai says something on tomorrow's Pic of the Day. If he says, I have sure it will be Ghirahim. If he don't, I will be upset because it will crush my hopes... but only for tomorrow...

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
I think you missed the point here. I'm talking about the trophies shown in the Smash Direct back in April.

Here watch this video:
I know that. I think you missed the point. I'm saying that the fact that Pac-Man and Mii didn't have trophies related to them in the direct suggests the possibility that the trophies in the video weren't intended to hint at newcomers.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I know that. I think you missed the point. I'm saying that the fact that Pac-Man and Mii didn't have trophies related to them in the direct suggests the possibility that the trophies in the video weren't intended to hint at newcomers.
If this theory is true, I think it just hints newcommers from series with lots of debates (plus some trolling on Palutena). By the way I don't believe that it hint specific character (against, except Palutena), just the series.

Why do you think every character needs a trophy hint? It's up to whoever Sakurai wants to tease. Just because every newcomer didn't get this treatment doesn't mean it's a false theory.

Last edited:

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Mario Galaxy, then Rosalina
Prism Tower was revealed, then Greninja
Palutena's Temple, then Palutena
Find Mii, then Mii
Boxing Ring, then Little Mac
Arena Ferox, then Robin/Lucina

Also there is Pyrosphere for Ridley
The Paper Mario stage could hint Paper Mario
The Star Fox Assault one could mean Krystal

And maybe the Skyloft could lead to Ghirahim?

Edit: All the other newcomers don't enter in this Theory because:
:4villager::4megaman::4wiifit: they where revealed at the E3 2013
:4pacman: If a stage for him was announced BEFORE him it will be TOO obvious...

This protect the theory even more!

Last edited:
Mario Galaxy, then Rosalina
Prism Tower was revealed, then Greninja
Palutena's Temple, then Palutena
Find Mii, then Mii
Boxing Ring, then Little Mac
Arena Ferox, then Robin/Lucina

Also there is Pyrosphere for Ridley
The Paper Mario stage could hint Paper Mario
The Star Fox Assault one could mean Krystal

And maybe the Skyloft could lead to Ghirahim?
That's a good point. Since Link, Zelda and most likely Ganondorf are staying as their Twilight Princess styles, maybe Ghirahim will represent Skyward Sword instead of the main cast. But I do think they stuck with the Twilight Princess style because Ganondorf wasn't in Skyward Sword.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
That's a good point. Since Link, Zelda and most likely Ganondorf are staying as their Twilight Princess styles, maybe Ghirahim will represent Skyward Sword instead of the main cast. But I do think they stuck with the Twilight Princess style because Ganondorf wasn't in Skyward Sword.
I think Zelda will get her Skyward sword alt. costume (or recolor at least)
Link did already get his Skyward pallet swap.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I don't really think stages are hinting at newcomers.

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
Hello there? I heard that there was quite a crowd of Ghirahim's servants gathered here. I must say, I hope I'm not too late to this fabulous party as he is currently my #3 for Smash and also my favourite Zelda character in general. I do mean, without him I wouldn't have liked Skyward Sword. I would like to be added to the supporter list, for the Demon Lord Ghirahim.

Also I do hope he's a playable character in Hyrule Warriors. I think 20-ish minutes of HW would mean a lot of reveals. Don't count on a character reveal though. Probably. Hopefully.

Lana joins the battle!

Awesome, I'll add you to The Horde!!

Welcome to the site, I'll add you to The Horde! Glad to have you!

In general, I would counsel to refrain from using the phrase "you (completely) missed the point / you're (completely) missing the point / you (just) aren't getting it". It can, intentionally or not, come off as a little rude and be rather inflammatory. It's better to assume others understand what you are saying, but either disagree or are referring to a separate issue.

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
There's always been something... "captivating" about Ghirahim. He's one of my favorite Zelda villains, and I would love his inclusion. Then again, I'd also enjoy Tetra's or Impa's inclusion, and I honestly think each of them have strong chances - not that all three will get in but at least one may get it.

While the Trophy Quiz and Stage theories are interesting, I have my own hypothesis: I believe we diffenetly will get a new Zelda representative, and that Ganondorf will not be cut.

Although arguable, the largest franchises in Smash Bros. are Mario, Pokemon, and The Legend of Zelda. This is reflected through the the fact that they have the most representation. Let's look at who we have so far from those three.

Mario
  1. :4mario:
  2. :4luigi:
  3. :4peach:
  4. :4bowser:
  5. :rosalina:
Zelda
  1. :4link:
  2. :4zelda:
  3. :4sheik:
  4. :4tlink:
Pokemon
  1. :4pikachu:
  2. :4lucario:
  3. :4charizard:
  4. :4greninja:
The Legend of Zelda and Pokemon, if they were have the same amount of "slots" as Mario, like in Brawl, are due to have at least one more character. The two most likely choices are :ganondorf: and :jigglypuff:, and their inclusion would give all three equal representation. However, there are several beliefs in the Smash Bros. fanbase that are difficult to ignore. For those who subscribe to the Trophy Quiz, or to people who simply want a unique Zelda representative that isn't tied to another character (:link2:,:toonlink:-:zelda:,:sheik:-:ganondorf:,:falcon:), a newcomer is in order. With Link and Zelda retaining their Twilight Princess designs, it is more than likely that Ganondorf will return (unfortunately, now with the justification of returning without any major move set changes :4lucina:). With a new Zelda character, regardless of who it is, the roster now contains six representatives from The Legend of Zelda. However, now it out proportions the other two franchises, but based on the general consensus of fans, this will solve more issues and cause them.

There is quite a bit of discussion on whether Mewtwo will return, and it is thought that Jigglypuff will also return. This would bring the amount of Pokemon characters, once again, up to six. Then again, there is also discussion on whether Sceptile or even Serperior will be playable. And then there's Squirtle and Ivysaur... But regardless I think it's safe to say that another two Pokemon will be joining the battle.

This would also leave the Mario series deserving of one more representative. With Sakurai diving into more of Intelligent System's properties (:4marth:,:4myfriends:,:4robinf:,:4lucina:), a new stage from Paper Mario, and the fact that a trophy for Paper Peach was shown during the E3 2014 trailer without an accompanying Paper Mario trophy, it may be possible he'll appear as a new character.

But I digress. I wasn't trying to discuss Paper Mario, Mewtwo, etc. I wanted to share the evidence that we'll probably get at least one more representative from The Legend of Zelda. I very much hope that it is Ghirahim.

mistermews

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0275-8819-2543
Unrelated to current topic and very unlikely and probably mentioned before, but I think that a Sealed Grounds stage with the boss as The Imprisoned would be awesome. Also, I think that Ghirahim FS if aforementioned Sealed Ground stage didn't make it should be involving Demise, The Imprisoned, Boblokins and his enthralling, gorgeous wooing dance in SS.

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
There's always been something... "captivating" about Ghirahim. He's one of my favorite Zelda villains, and I would love his inclusion. Then again, I'd also enjoy Tetra's or Impa's inclusion, and I honestly think each of them have strong chances - not that all three will get in but at least one may get it.

While the Trophy Quiz and Stage theories are interesting, I have my own hypothesis: I believe we diffenetly will get a new Zelda representative, and that Ganondorf will not be cut.

Although arguable, the largest franchises in Smash Bros. are Mario, Pokemon, and The Legend of Zelda. This is reflected through the the fact that they have the most representation. Let's look at who we have so far from those three.

Mario
  1. :4mario:
  2. :4luigi:
  3. :4peach:
  4. :4bowser:
  5. :rosalina:
Zelda
  1. :4link:
  2. :4zelda:
  3. :4sheik:
  4. :4tlink:
Pokemon
  1. :4pikachu:
  2. :4lucario:
  3. :4charizard:
  4. :4greninja:
The Legend of Zelda and Pokemon, if they were have the same amount of "slots" as Mario, like in Brawl, are due to have at least one more character. The two most likely choices are :ganondorf: and :jigglypuff:, and their inclusion would give all three equal representation. However, there are several beliefs in the Smash Bros. fanbase that are difficult to ignore. For those who subscribe to the Trophy Quiz, or to people who simply want a unique Zelda representative that isn't tied to another character (:link2:,:toonlink:-:zelda:,:sheik:-:ganondorf:,:falcon:), a newcomer is in order. With Link and Zelda retaining their Twilight Princess designs, it is more than likely that Ganondorf will return (unfortunately, now with the justification of returning without any major move set changes :4lucina:). With a new Zelda character, regardless of who it is, the roster now contains six representatives from The Legend of Zelda. However, now it out proportions the other two franchises, but based on the general consensus of fans, this will solve more issues and cause them.

There is quite a bit of discussion on whether Mewtwo will return, and it is thought that Jigglypuff will also return. This would bring the amount of Pokemon characters, once again, up to six. Then again, there is also discussion on whether Sceptile or even Serperior will be playable. And then there's Squirtle and Ivysaur... But regardless I think it's safe to say that another two Pokemon will be joining the battle.

This would also leave the Mario series deserving of one more representative. With Sakurai diving into more of Intelligent System's properties (:4marth:,:4myfriends:,:4robinf:,:4lucina:), a new stage from Paper Mario, and the fact that a trophy for Paper Peach was shown during the E3 2014 trailer without an accompanying Paper Mario trophy, it may be possible he'll appear as a new character.

But I digress. I wasn't trying to discuss Paper Mario, Mewtwo, etc. I wanted to share the evidence that we'll probably get at least one more representative from The Legend of Zelda. I very much hope that it is Ghirahim.

Welcome to The Horde! Seems pretty reasonable, I can dig it: Paper Mario, Ganondorf, Ghirahim, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo/SomeOtherPokemon.

Unrelated to current topic and very unlikely and probably mentioned before, but I think that a Sealed Grounds stage with the boss as The Imprisoned would be awesome. Also, I think that Ghirahim FS if aforementioned Sealed Ground stage didn't make it should be involving Demise, The Imprisoned, Boblokins and his enthralling, gorgeous wooing dance in SS.

So glad someone else thinks this, I brought it up somewhere a while back and got shut down. Seriously, a sealed grounds stage would be so dang fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom