• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Demon Lord Ghirahim's Fabulous Horde of Stunning Features! CONFIRMED ASSIST TROPHY APPEARANCE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
A Ghirahim reveal seems to good to be true; but I suppose I am looking forward to the Direct regardless of any Smash related news. I have high hopes for the fabulous lord of demons.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I would love to have a ghirahim reveal tomorrow, it would be downright delicious.

----
Ill be happy though if hes just playable in HW, by god he better be playable in that or ill come down with a case of sick with anger.

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
It will be interesting to see what Hyrule Warriors does with Ghirahim. It will help me better envision Ghirahim in Smash, myself.
*GASP* that gives me an idea.

Let's say that tomorrow they reveal that Ganondorf and Ghirahim (G&G) are playable. They would be showing some of their moves off. Assuming G&G will get into SSB, their HW moves might correlate strongly with their SSB moves.

So if you were Nintendo and had to pick which one you would want to reveal first, which would you choose--that G&G are playable in HW, or that they are playable in SSB? You'd probably pick HW, because (1) it comes out sooner, and (2) the character designs and moves you show off in SSB might give away elements of things that happen in HW--which can't happen the other way around because they're not guaranteed to be in SSB at all.

So this theory goes that Ganondorf and Ghirahim in SSB4 will mirror their playable versions in HW, and that they haven't been revealed in SSB4 yet because HW takes precedence. It would make sense for SSB4 to take after HW, because it would have been the only other game where G&G were actually playable. Of course, this theory assumes that G&G will be playable in both games, which right now is a strong assumption.

If they both get revealed as playable tomorrow, I am betting that (1) they will both be in SSB4, (2) they will draw heavily from themselves in HW, (3) they will not be revealed in SSB4 until after HW has been out for a while, and (4) Ganondorf will finally get his own moveset.

Welcome to the site, I'll add you to The Horde! Glad to have you!

In general, I would counsel to refrain from using the phrase "you (completely) missed the point / you're (completely) missing the point / you (just) aren't getting it". It can, intentionally or not, come off as a little rude and be rather inflammatory. It's better to assume others understand what you are saying, but either disagree or are referring to a separate issue.
Thank you! Also sorry about that. :facepalm:

Regarding the Hyrule Warriors direct, I think the most realistic thing we can hope for is Ganondorf being revealed in the following POTD after the direct, or maybe not since Ganondorf might get shown in a trailer to show off his potential new moveset. Hmm....

If they did announce Ghirahim and Ganondorf in a trailer I would go ape poopy! But I just don't see it happening when the direct is supposed to be focused on Hyrule Warriors and putting a Smash bros announcement/ reveal at the end may take away the spotlight for Hyrule Warriors.

I'd love to be wrong.

Last edited:

Mishudo

Smash Journeyman
Dropping by to wish you guys luck. Because I don't personally expect Ghirahim to be playable, that'll make him all more enjoyable to see if he is confirmed. Predictability is boring :upsidedown:

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
Bang, Ghirahim and Ganondorf (with Demise-style hair AND DUAL WIELDING) playable in Hyrule Warriors. I totally hope the SSB4 versions of these characters are realized. Theory officially begins!

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
C'mon Sakurai, you know you want to.

Oh man, that Direct was the HYPEST thing.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
As I've been saying (not in this topic, mind you. Just around) Ganondorf will likely be confirmed on August 14th (HW's Japan release date). With the Zelda Vets reunited it paves the way for a Zelda newcomer to be revealed. Assuming one exists.

Last edited:

Chalphy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Chalphy
As I've been saying (not in this topic, mind you. Just around) Ganondorf will likely be confirmed on September 14th (HW's Japan release date). With the Zelda Vets reunited it paves the way for a Zelda newcomer to be revealed. Assuming one exists.
Hyrule Warriors is released August 14, not September.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
If they show Ganondorf when Hyrule Warriors is released, I'm pretty sure we'll see Ghirahim in a Direct soon after.

It happened with Rosalina, Lucina and Robin. They showed all the other reps from their series before showing them, so it seems logical the same would happen with Ghirahim.

It's funny how I thought of him being in the game months ago and it's starting to be more likely to be true now.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
If they show Ganondorf when Hyrule Warriors is released, I'm pretty sure we'll see Ghirahim in a Direct soon after.

It happened with Rosalina, Lucina and Robin. They showed all the other reps from their series before showing them, so it seems logical the same would happen with Ghirahim.

It's funny how I thought of him being in the game months ago and it's starting to be more likely to be true now.
Welcome to Smash Boards!

Anyway, after seeing Ghirahim (looking even better, btw) in a non-Skyward Sword game, I want him even more to be in Smash.

I will be disappointed if there is a Zelda newcomer and it isn't him. :sadeyes:

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Welcome to Smash Boards!

Anyway, after seeing Ghirahim (looking even better, btw) in a non-Skyward Sword game, I want him even more to be in Smash.

I will be disappointed if there is a Zelda newcomer and it isn't him. :sadeyes:
Thanks! I've been stalking you guys for a while now, so it was about time I joined you.

I feel exactly the same about Ghirahim. The only possible way to make the pain more bearable would be Vaati or Impa being playable, but Vaati is very unlikely and Impa would be very similar to Sheik. Also that Trophy Theory with the Skyward Sword trophy and Ghirahim's Theme... I would be surprised if Ghirahim wasn't in.

We gotta believe D:

Reila

Thanks! I've been stalking you guys for a while now, so it was about time I joined you.

I feel exactly the same about Ghirahim. The only possible way to make the pain more bearable would be Vaati or Impa being playable, but Vaati is very unlikely and Impa would be very similar to Sheik. Also that Trophy Theory with the Skyward Sword trophy and Ghirahim's Theme... I would be surprised if Ghirahim wasn't in.

We gotta believe D:
You're welcome!

Anyway, the trophy quiz actually makes me afraid Ghirahim might not be playable, because of the song playing when Fi's trophy was shown. Wasn't it the Ballad of the Goddess? Impa is the one who teaches the song in Skyward Sword. In case some of you don't remember, when Tiki's trophy was shown, the song playing was Id~Purpose, the music theme of the lady in my avatar, who was confirmed to be playable. So yeah... Then again, Ghirahim is Fi's counterpart, so Idk... maybe both Ghirahim and Impa are playable haha.

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
You're welcome!

Anyway, the trophy quiz actually makes me afraid Ghirahim might not be playable, because of the song playing when Fi's trophy was shown. Wasn't it the Ballad of the Goddess? Impa is the one who teaches the song in Skyward Sword. In case some of you don't remember, when Tiki's trophy was shown, the song playing was Id~Purpose, the music theme of the lady in my avatar, who was confirmed to be playable. So yeah... Then again, Ghirahim is Fi's counterpart, so Idk... maybe both Ghirahim and Impa are playable haha.
Well, on the flip side it would have been strange to play Ghirahim's theme when Fi was being shown. And, Ballad of the Goddess is not Impa's theme.

The first time you hear Ballad of the Goddess, Zelda is playing it with the harp at the beginning of the game. Even though Impa gets you to strum it, the song definitely refers to Zelda, the Goddess. But Zelda already has her own theme, so if anything, Ballad of the Goddess is Fi's theme. Impa teaches it to you but it's not her theme--Fi also teaches you a lot of songs but they aren't Fi's themes.

As far as I know, there isn't even a song on the soundtrack that is labelled as being Impa's theme. There is a song called Impa's Fate, which is the only song in the game that could be construed to be hers (except maybe the theme for the Sealed Grounds, but not really). Actually, the only characters with specific themes that play just about every time you encounter them are Ghirahim, Groose, Scrapper, Guld, and Zelda. Impa doesn't really have a theme song.

Summary, Ballad of the Goddess isn't really anyone's theme, so it playing when Fi's trophy appeared isn't referring to a specific character, except maybe Fi herself.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
You're welcome!

Oh, you're right. I read somewhere the song playing was something like a mix of Ghirahim's Theme and Ballad of the Goddess. Even then, Ballad of the Goddess represents the whole game, so it could be Impa, Ghirahim or even Demise...

But seeing how similar Demise is to Ganondorf and how calm Impa was in Skyward Sword, I think Ghirahim is the most logical choice, as it doesn't look like anyone else and the way he acts and fights is very unique. I can think of a unique moveset easily.

That is assuming the Trophy Theory is true and the characters have to match the game shown in the trophy, which so far has been true.

Reila

Well, on the flip side it would have been strange to play Ghirahim's theme when Fi was being shown. And, Ballad of the Goddess is not Impa's theme.

The first time you hear Ballad of the Goddess, Zelda is playing it with the harp at the beginning of the game. Even though Impa gets you to strum it, the song definitely refers to Zelda, the Goddess. But Zelda already has her own theme, so if anything, Ballad of the Goddess is Fi's theme. Impa teaches it to you but it's not her theme--Fi also teaches you a lot of songs but they aren't Fi's themes.

As far as I know, there isn't even a song on the soundtrack that is labelled as being Impa's theme. There is a song called Impa's Fate, which is the only song in the game that could be construed to be hers (except maybe the theme for the Sealed Grounds, but not really). Actually, the only characters with specific themes that play just about every time you encounter them are Ghirahim, Groose, Scrapper, Guld, and Zelda. Impa doesn't really have a theme song.

Summary, Ballad of the Goddess isn't really anyone's theme, so it playing when Fi's trophy appeared isn't referring to a specific character, except maybe Fi herself.
Fair enough, although I never said Ballad of the Goddess is Impa's theme. What I said was that it is more related to Impa than it is to Ghirahim.

If the trophy quiz theory is true, then two of the characters will be related to the music playing during the trophy quiz sections. Id~Purpose (Robin) and Ridley's Theme (honestly, if there is a Metroid rep, it will be Ridley). I never played Kid Icarus Uprising, so I have no idea if the music playing when Pseudo-Palutena's trophy was show is related to Palutena, though. That leaves Ballad of the Goddess, which might be related to a possible Zelda newcomer.

Either way, it is just a theory. I want Ghirahim to be the Zelda newcomer so much, that any other character (except maybe Fi, who is unlikely to be playable) being playable in his place, would make me very disappointed. Nothing against Impa, but she just doesn't seem to bring much to Smash as Ghirahim would, IMO.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
I never played Kid Icarus Uprising, so I have no idea if the music playing when Pseudo-Palutena's trophy was show is related to Palutena, though.
It was in fact Palutena's Theme playing, so that's two out of two that match the theory. And I honestly can't think of a better new Zelda rep than Ghirahim. He can teleport, block swords with his bare hands, throw those diamond-shaped projectiles and dance like a madman with his tongue out. Nothing can ever beat that.

Reila

It was in fact Palutena's Theme playing, so that's two out of two that match the theory. And I honestly can't think of a better new Zelda rep than Ghirahim. He can teleport, block swords with his bare hands, throw those diamond-shaped projectiles and dance like a madman with his tongue out. Nothing can ever beat that.
Me neither! I mean, Fi could be unique, but since she was shown as a trophy... So it only leaves Ghirahim, who is unique in basically every possible way. He is fabulous, his gameplay style would be unique, his designs is extremely unique and he is easily one of the most popular modern Zelda characters. Not making him playable in Smash would be a huge wasted opportunity.

Unfortunately though, he being the best possible rep doesn't mean he is the new rep, so we should put our expectations in check.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Let's have faith in Sakurai's choices. So far he's done a really good job with the newcomers, and I expect the last reveals to be the icing on the cake. Ghirahim is one of the 4 remaining characters in my wishlist, so seeing his dance moves in Smash would be great.

micstar615

Smash Ace
Fellow fabulous Ghirahim fans, is it true that a mix of his theme and ballad of the goddess was playing during the trophy quiz when showing Fi?

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Fellow fabulous Ghirahim fans, is it true that a mix of his theme and ballad of the goddess was playing during the trophy quiz when showing Fi?
I read it was a mix somewhere, but I've checked it and I think it's just the Ballad of the Goddess...

14:05

mistermews

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0275-8819-2543
Let's go!
Ghirahim only run of Hyrule Warriors!
Fabulous, exquisite fighting that I won't see in any other character!

Also I'm pretty sure Ghirahim is unlockable by now.
Although I do expect his reveal sometimes now because of the Lucina reveal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom