• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Demo played (at DigiPen party)! Wavedashing (in Melee form) appears to be out!

Exorcist

Smash Journeyman
Metaknight's final smash is also PB, and mimics a Hibiki super from CvS2 (the screen goes dark, Metaknight does a bunch of samurai-like sword slashes, and then he smashes him away).
MetaKnight's finalsmash was not only confirmed not to be this by ign players. But was also in the most recent Halberd video.

I GO to DigiPen. You are full of ****, good sir.
this guys lying stop entertaining him
And directional air dodging is confirmed. *points at confirmed tech discussion* :p
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I know I'm not nice.

But this guy is a liar, and I don't tolerate that ****. I'm sorry.
Call me what you want for flaming hard, but it was ridiculous to even begin to think this guy was telling the truth.

Drunken_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
i just check all of the air dodges listed as confirming direction air dodges, they are all going in the directions the character was prior. both of the downs are done after the apex of the jump, and marios upwards was done after a jump.

however, there is over the top air control it seems while in the airdodge. making me think you could possible short hop and then slam d/f right after you leave the ground and hit l, but that would make wding consequently harder.

edit: either or, well find out tommorow right?

Proven

Smash Apprentice
Directional Air-dodging is currently unconfirmed and more than likely axed, and this is coming from reading every single page in the tech discussion thread. The only thing is that the first page hasn't been updated yet.

As for why they would take out Directional Air Dodging? Simple, so that it's like if you did an attack in the air; you can still do your double jump, triple jump, or even another attack afterward (no confirmation on doing multiple air dodges before landing).

Infil

Smash Journeyman
Exorcist, see mgslee's post. I highly recommend you DigiPen people stop insulting me, and instead, try to GET IN AND PLAY THE GAME while it's still near you. Track down a Nintendo employee you know. They'll tell you the truth.

In the Halberd video, Metaknight activated his final smash, but missed. As far as I know, there's no video footage of a landed Metaknight final smash (prove me wrong if there is, though, I'd like to see it).

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
MetaKnight's finalsmash was not only confirmed not to be this by ign players. But was also in the most recent Halberd video.
Yeah, but the losers missed. Notice the camera didn't even bother zooming in on him when he activated it. Maybe for Finals like that it only zooms in with a connecting Final?

mgslee

Smash Cadet
Exorcist, see mgslee's post. I highly recommend you DigiPen people stop insulting me, and instead, try to GET IN AND PLAY THE GAME while it's still near you. Track down a Nintendo employee you know. They'll tell you the truth.
Easier yet, get a PROF to do it (like how you can get to the Nintendo Store).
Again, its in the Cafeteria at Nintendo HQ. Its not hard to get to once you get in the building.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
So I get it now, a guy gives info, and you guys flame him for it. It may be inaccurate from what you seen, but that does not give any of you the right to say he is a troll, especially if he was just relaying information...

I seriously hope you kids don't flame the others who go to E for All because the info they relay isn't something you want to hear...

Grow the **** up and quit accusing him of trolling.

Zauron

Smash Journeyman
I didn't see anything he said as being inaccurate or already disproven. I still don't. In fact it coincided exactly with my own theories on the changes in Brawl based on what I'v seen so far. That's why I calmly asked for more information rather than just calling him a liar. I have yet to get word back and whether or not it is true though. If so, I know some DigiPen students who will be very anxious to figure out how to get in on this :).

Chepe

Smash Lord
Yeah, but the losers missed. Notice the camera didn't even bother zooming in on him when he activated it. Maybe for Finals like that it only zooms in with a connecting Final?
Id rather think that the camera never zooms in on Meta's Final Smash so as to not announce that the 1HKO is coming. It seems hard to time enough as it is...

burrito

Smash Lord
So, has your friend caught what Ike's downB, Ike's sideB, Zamus's downB, or what Pit's downB was?

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
So I get it now, a guy gives info, and you guys flame him for it. It may be inaccurate from what you seen, but that does not give any of you the right to say he is a troll, especially if he was just relaying information...

I seriously hope you kids don't flame the others who go to E for All because the info they relay isn't something you want to hear...

I agree.

EDIT:

Sorry, My mistake.

I don't know what I was thinking, I've just read Exorcist's post and come to my senses.

Exorcist

Smash Journeyman

E 4 All is super reliable.

Saying there was a super secret press confrence in front of some the place where some posters' here go to school. Is ridiculous. Super Smash isn't even embargo, why would they keep that under wraps.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord

Saying there was a super secret press confrence in front of some the place where some posters' here go to school. Is ridiculous. Super Smash isn't even embargo, why would they keep that under wraps.
You are completly missing the point in all it's entirety. You don't agree with him? State so. However, you don't have to be a complete *** to the guy and call him a failure and a troll because he relayed information. It may be faulty in your mind, but there is ALWAYS a chance he is telling the truth.

Furthermore, the only "trolls" I see in this topic are the guys flaming him for giving out the info.

Seriously, I am not saying you should cater to his every word, but the fact remains is that the guy tried to give you information, (and in an un-trollish manner I might add) and you guys friggen bombed him for it.

I just find it despicable in all honesty, and I can't stand it when someone tries to do something nice for someone, only to have it completly **** on for NO apparent reason....

THAT's what pisses ME off...

Zek

Smash Ace
Wavedashing would be impossible with a wiimote, but you don't need a stick to show there's no directional airdodging.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Wow you are so freaking cool. You quote yourself.
Self-quotes ftw. They're almost as awsome as non-self quotes! :)

I suggest you try it out! :chuckle:

-----------------------------------------------------------------
I know I'm not nice.

But this guy is a liar, and I don't tolerate that ****. I'm sorry.
Call me what you want for flaming hard, but it was ridiculous to even begin to think this guy was telling the truth.
Did I call him a liar=??? I DIDN'T! I said those who hate wavedashing can't do it 95% of the time, and the 5% are smart people who want better balance (but I respectfully disagree with them). That wasn't aimed at him AT ALL btw, in case you were wondering. I just hate wavedashing threads, and I'm calling out 95% of the anti-wavedashing people. I hate the attacks on it as a glitch for tourney tards, and I'm aiming at those posters in this thread. Not the starter, and not anyone in specific. Just someone insulting my type of play, because we aren't attacking there's. Hell, only like 10% of smashers know it exist. And directional airdodging's confirmation is under debate on the confirmed tech thread, as zauron said.

And you guys sound like you've never played on a SNES ro NES. It isn't that hard, as I can title to the side with the Wiimote in Super Paper Mario, SMB, ALTTP, SMW, and Donkey Kong Country. It just takes a while getting used to, just like normal wavedashing. ;)

Fanewgie

Smash Ace

QFT.

I've felt that's how E for All was going to go ever since last week. Info is going to pour in, and whenever someone sees a precious tactic from Melee nerfed, they're just going to deny it and call the poster a liar.

Maybe it's not affecting me because I went through the 64 to Melee conversion. I played 64 for three years, and then had to re-tune myself to a vastly different game and controller. After playing Melee for six years, I'm entirely ready to do that for Brawl. Part of it is sort of exciting.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
Self-quotes ftw. They're almost as awsome as non-self quotes! :)

I suggest you try it out! :chuckle:

Did I call him a liar=??? I DIDN'T! I said those who hate wavedashing can't do it 95% of the time, and the 5% are smart people who want better balance (but I respectfully disagree with them). That wasn't aimed at him AT ALL btw, in case you were wondering. I just hate wavedashing threads, and I'm calling out 95% of the anti-wavedashing people. I hate the attacks on it as a glitch for tourney tards, and I'm aiming at those posters in this thread. Not the starter, and not anyone in specific. Just someone insulting my type of play, because we aren't attacking there's. Hell, only like 10% of smashers know it exist. And directional airdodging's confirmation is under debate on the confirmed tech thread, as zauron said.

And you guys sound like you've never played on a SNES ro NES. It isn't that hard, as I can title to the side with the Wiimote in Super Paper Mario, SMB, ALTTP, SMW, and Donkey Kong Country. It just takes a while getting used to, just like normal wavedashing. ;)
IN all seriousness?

make that 10%, 1%....

Kryptonite X

Smash Cadet

You would think information about the party being held in nintendo's Mario Cafe and not Digipen would have gone through your skull after it has been known for a few pages by now.

Jammer

Smash Lord
QFT.

I've felt that's how E for All was going to go ever since last week. Info is going to pour in, and whenever someone sees a precious tactic from Melee nerfed, they're just going to deny it and call the poster a liar.

Maybe it's not affecting me because I went through the 64 to Melee conversion.
Did the same thing that's happening in this thread happen when info for Melee started coming in?

If so, then I am not really looking forward to discussions immediately following E for All. Those, I predict, might get pretty flamey.

Infil

Smash Journeyman
Fanewgie, it IS exciting! I've said it before, but who wants to play Melee for another 6 years? It's time for a change. Change is exciting.

And yes, I suspect that some of the first people to play at E for All will come in and tell you exactly what I've told you here... and if his name isn't Gimpyfish, he will be flamed to high heaven. Then Gimpyfish will come in, also confirm it, and everyone will be okay with it. Confusing, that.

And people who go to DigiPen should very easily be able to confirm this event is happening (in fact, they can probably get in; see mgslee's post again). This isn't a secret, it's just not publicly announced and you can't just come in off the street without supervision and permission. If it was secret, I wouldn't be posting about it.

burrito: Apparently he didn't see any of those attacks (he played as Link, Sonic, Samus, and Fox... he didn't have time to play others, but will try them on Thursday). He watched other people play and saw various specials performed, but he doesn't know which buttons they map to. And I'm definitely not going to guess which one was "probably" Ike's down B or whatever, since some people are flaming me enough as it is. :)

Xengri

Smash Journeyman
It's sad that people are so ignorant sometimes...
People that post stuff from E for all that others don't want to hear will probably get flamed to hell.
Some people will be so far in denial they'll probably not even take video footage as poof anymore...Funny people and their fear of change :laugh:

And for the people flaming the TC and calling him a lair , really guys think before posting.

Sure you might not believe him, you're not suppose to believe anything that you haven't seen with you're own eyes. But that doesn't mean you flat out say he's a lying troll. Smartest thing to do is to just have a neutral stand point on it. That way if it ends up that he was telling the truth then you won't look like a total ****ing idiot ( points at a certain psychologist). And if he was telling lies, well at lest you don't look stupid for believing him ether.
Flaming people that has the potential to actually be right could end up with you looking like a do*che bag.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
You are completly missing the point in all it's entirety. You don't agree with him? State so. However, you don't have to be a complete *** to the guy and call him a failure and a troll because he relayed information. It may be faulty in your mind, but there is ALWAYS a chance he is telling the truth.

Furthermore, the only "trolls" I see in this topic are the guys flaming him for giving out the info.

Seriously, I am not saying you should cater to his every word, but the fact remains is that the guy tried to give you information, (and in an un-trollish manner I might add) and you guys friggen bombed him for it.

I just find it despicable in all honesty, and I can't stand it when someone tries to do something nice for someone, only to have it completly **** on for NO apparent reason....

THAT's what pisses ME off...

"If you don't have something nice to say, don't say it at all." Good maxim. True, we shouldn't firebomb the sap for trying to give us information. However, we are allowed to call him on his ****---and I'm sorry, "a friend of a friend of a friend told me X" or a complete lack of visual aid isn't going to convince any of the people here.

So, I guess we can twist that old saying around so it can say this: "If you don't have anything TRUTHFUL to say, don't say it all."

Think before you become the internet's greatest avenger, LavisFiend. Some of the best trolls are the ones that are the most eloquent---or believe so steadfastly in their lies that they consequently BECOME trolls.

Now mods, close this **** thread. We don't need another "advanced tech X is confirmed or deconfirmed for Brawl."

Smooth Criminal

RDK

Smash Hero
QFT.

Maybe it's not affecting me because I went through the 64 to Melee conversion. I played 64 for three years, and then had to re-tune myself to a vastly different game and controller. After playing Melee for six years, I'm entirely ready to do that for Brawl. Part of it is sort of exciting.
I just wish people would stop being so close-minded about Brawl. Everyone seems to want a Melee 2.0, and aren't open to new ideas and ways of gameplay. If we all acted like that about Smash 64 when Melee came out, we'd all still be playing Smash 64--and nobody wants that. Mabye even better tactics than WDing and whatnot will be created with Brawl? Who knows.

But it's no reason to get all upset over, and not want to play Brawl when it comes out.

burrito

Smash Lord
burrito: Apparently he didn't see any of those attacks (he played as Link, Sonic, Samus, and Fox... he didn't have time to play others, but will try them on Thursday). He watched other people play and saw various specials performed, but he doesn't know which buttons they map to.
*sigh* Okay.... thanks anyway...

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Johnknight I was reffering to the OP not you lol. I was backing you up.
O, lol! :laugh: HAHAHA, me messing up makes me laugh. Laughing at n00bs johns (like myself) is always funny.

And stop agreeing with me. Star calling me a n00b you f**ing idiot.
jk....lol. HA, bet you didn't see that random comment from my randomness coming!

:laugh:

IN all seriousness?

make that 10%, 1%....
Ya, I suppose. But I see WD discusisons on IGN, Gamespot, Gametrailers, every site. Everyone talks about it a lot. I guess everyone whos ever seen a SSB board/forum knows wat it is, but, I think you're right. Still, quite a big number of people know wat it is.

mgslee

Smash Cadet
So, has your friend caught what Ike's downB, Ike's sideB, Zamus's downB, or what Pit's downB was?
During my time no Samus player got a smash ball :(

I didn't play Pit or Ike, but I caught 2 moves from Ike (I hope they weren't item effects)

One was Counter, he stood there and just assumed the position. No one hit him so I dont know how it works. So I'm assuming its counter.

The other was some weird forward dash. Looked really fast like Fox's Forward B. I only saw it once so I can't be certian.

Ike's UpB is pretty much like Kirby's straight up and straight down.

His Neutral is the charge we all know however the stab in the ground seems to hit in a small area not not just in front.

I spent too much of my play time trying old characters and seeing there differences instead of just trying the new guys.

It's really hard to figure out whats happening in a 2 minute full items match (with a crap controller). And when your watching its just a blur of explosions and death! Mr Resetti is awesome.. He talks for over a minute, so over half the match time.

Ike's FS is awesome. If the initial hit connects it sends you high in the air and you pound the crap out of them. You finish off the combo with a UpB type attack that explodes when you hit the ground. During the combo the other guys are just fighting as normal

Ch-Akruru

Smash Cadet
Anybody noticed how Infil's second update contained info from Destructoid with slight edits, and that Thursday is when the event actually starts so that he could instantly be right on that date?

RDK

Smash Hero
Some of the best trolls are the ones that are the most eloquent---or believe so steadfastly in their lies that they consequently BECOME trolls.
*COUGH* 4CHAN *COUGH*

burrito

Smash Lord
During my time no Samus player got a smash ball :(

I didn't play Pit or Ike, but I caught 2 moves from Ike (I hope they weren't item effects)

One was Counter, he stood there and just assumed the position. No one hit him so I dont know how it works. So I'm assuming its counter.

The other was some weird forward dash. Looked really fast like Fox's Forward B. I only saw it once so I can't be certian.

Ike's UpB is pretty much like Kirby's straight up and straight down.

His Neutral is the charge we all know however the stab in the ground seems to hit in a small area not not just in front.

Ike's FS is awesome. If the initial hit connects it sends you high in the air and you pound the crap out of them. You finish off the combo with a UpB type attack that explodes when you hit the ground. During the combo the other guys are just fighting as normal
Oooohhh... thanks for that. Sounds believable, Ike's special moves aren't too much of a surprise. Counter fits a lot for a Fire Emblem character, since it's a major part of battling. As for the forward dash, Ike attacks like that a lot in Path of Radiance, he dashes through the enemy with a quick slash. I'm glad they implemented that in Brawl.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Did the same thing that's happening in this thread happen when info for Melee started coming in?

If so, then I am not really looking forward to discussions immediately following E for All. Those, I predict, might get pretty flamey.
I honestly don't know. The only info I went off of was what IGN gave us, and eventually the official Melee site. I didn't even know about a community until probably 3 years after release.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord

"If you don't have something nice to say, don't say it at all." Good maxim. True, we shouldn't firebomb the sap for trying to give us information. However, we are allowed to call him on his ****---and I'm sorry, "a friend of a friend of a friend told me X" or a complete lack of visual aid isn't going to convince any of the people here.

So, I guess we can twist that old saying around so it can say this: "If you don't have anything TRUTHFUL to say, don't say it all."

Think before you become the internet's greatest avenger, LavisFiend. Some of the best trolls are the ones that are the most eloquent---or believe so steadfastly in their lies that they consequently BECOME trolls.

Now mods, close this **** thread. We don't need another "advanced tech X is confirmed or deconfirmed for Brawl."

Smooth Criminal
Good answer, and again, you can call him on his words, but all I am saying is that you can't make the deduction that he is a 100% liar if there is no solid ground to base that off of.

Furthermore, if he was, he wasn't being a **** about it, and he really should not deserve spoiled people who, in the back of their mind, fear that what he says is true, and it bugs them to the point of flaming the hell out of them.

Watch Smooth, it is going to happen when Gimpy and the crew go to E for All. They will state something, and it will be flamed all to holy hell, because this board has made at least one thing apparent; It is accompanied with quite of surplus of whiny spoiled children.

I have to be an avenger, because I don't find it right to eat him alive.

Take what he says with a grain of salt, and be on your way. I don't believe him, but at the same time, there is a small part of me that does.

And you know what? That's how it SHOULD be....

Course with me, I am going to need a far more widespread conclusion regarding the advanced techs fate, or at least a clearer video so I can make my own conclusion.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
So you guys think that a school that is on Nintendo of America property and was helped to be founded by Nintendo of America is just some random school that could never have a smash showing?

Ok.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Yeah, I really think that the people who dont believe them are in denial now. The signs point to this little demo showing to be true. What LavisFiend said is very likely true. I also predict random ***** fits from users all over on Thursday, directed toward the pros that went out of their way to report to us. Pretty sad...

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
This thread has been pretty lulzy. I don't think the OP deserves to be flamed as much as he has been-at least not until E for All confirms or deconfirms what he wrote.

And people, this isn't happening AT Digipen. How often does that need to be posted for people to read and register that? It's happening at the Mario Cafe.

Top Bottom