• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Demo played (at DigiPen party)! Wavedashing (in Melee form) appears to be out!

If he's lying, good for him.

You don't like it, good for you.

But serously, why flame? Why would you even care? If an event is happening that can either proove this information true or false why would you care about what someone says?

Calm the hell down, all of you.

GhostAnime

Smash Ace
I'm questioning whether l-cancelling is removed or not because it seems like some character's aerial moves still have lag to it. like Link's Dair for example.

Fonz

Smash Ace
You're gingerly speak doesn't change the fact that you've said these things.

A. You missed the recent discovery of Diddy Airdodging to the left.
B. You DID in fact quote alot of **** from the Advanced Tactics Confirmed thread, where you got all your troll like information
C. Fox's shine is still one frame. One frame is always one frame. And if someone says 1 looks like anything more than 1 they're lieing.
D. Nothing will change when he gets the classic controller because you're lieing.

In my line of business I study the human mind. And an easy thing to spot is reverse psychology and of course when someone really wants people to believe them. The whole "Please just post vids thing" is so textbook of you. It's the reason why you made this thread. It's the reason you're so "calm" to seem like you're not angry about anything for people to be sincere to you.

"Oh please give me lots of replies zomg plzzzxxx"

Suck it. I'm done with your conversation and I hope people who actually read what I wrote in this thread so far have the vision to see two feet in front of their faces and see that you're lieing.

PS: You disgust me.
Wow, you need to look for a new line or work buddy. You're disgusted with a guy who posted a well worded post? He certainly isn't a troll, everyone with half a brain can see this. You on the other hand seem to enjoy the attention you receive in the first few pages of this thread. If this guy's info turns out to be correct I hope you give him an apology and think about readjusting your radar.

Teben

Smash Apprentice
Momentum-based air dodging sounds awesome. I can just picture sailing past a projectile or something and nailing someone in the face.

Also, in that little clip of Yoshi doing an air dodge, he latches onto the edge while facing away from it. Maybe that's a new property of being in the air dodge animation? 'Course, you might just latch onto the edge regardless of the direction you're facing now. They seem to have made edge grabbing a lot easier.

What I'm a little worried about is latching onto the edge during an up+B attack. It was pretty handy to smack someone out of the way just long enough to grab the edge before, now someone guarding the edge might have even more of an advantage.

Zauron

Smash Journeyman
Momentum-based air dodging sounds awesome. I can just picture sailing past a projectile or something and nailing someone in the face.

Also, in that little clip of Yoshi doing an air dodge, he latches onto the edge while facing away from it. Maybe that's a new property of being in the air dodge animation? 'Course, you might just latch onto the edge regardless of the direction you're facing now. They seem to have made edge grabbing a lot easier.

What I'm a little worried about is latching onto the edge during an up+B attack. It was pretty handy to smack someone out of the way just long enough to grab the edge before, now someone guarding the edge might have even more of an advantage.
That wasn't an air dodge, that was Yoshi breaking out of his side+B egg roll move. You can see it in the full video that clip is from.

Vortok

Smash Journeyman
(Oh, and Vortok: dunno if you ever see Nate Bihldorff
Yeah, I never see him. Completely different department. I basically see people from QA, shipping, and then random people that walk by.

Also... I'm sure for those that don't believe me this'll be a great "oh, how convenient" comment... but I won't be getting on-hands play with Brawl today. On the way to work, I got in a car accident. Basically I was in the carpool lane (I wasn't driving, was in the back seat talking to my friend, on my cell phone, who's gonna spend 6 hours at Nintendo playing Brawl today) and the lane next to us suddenly stopped/slowed down. A van couldn't stop in time, turned into our lane (trying to avoid hitting the guy in front of him, but he knicked that guy anyways) and we couldn't stop/swerve into the shoulder fast enough.

Little sore, but nobody was seriously hurt. Front bumper of the car is a mess. If I was technically savvy, I'd post the pic I took with my phone (not like it'd prove much, as you can google an image easily).

So I won't be able to report much today. And of course tomorrow is the main E for All, so we'll have other people reporting what they've found while playing the demo. Might talk to my friend later, as I told him to test various junk (l-cancel, dash dance, jump cancel shine, start as ZSS, roll onto ledge, confirm how Air Dodge reacts and other stuff).

So yeah... I know how it looks and sounds (I have info because I can play it two days earlier... oh wait, no I don't!)... but yeah. There ya be.

SiD

Smash Master
So why are you not gonna play just cause you got in an accident, while your friend who was with you is still gonna?

RDK

Smash Hero
Has the validity of these claims even been proven yet?

I still think this is a bunch of bull. We've seen it all before.

SiD

Smash Master
Not proven, but it's highly likely. Nothing he's said can be disproven thus far, nor is any of it unbelievable in any sense.

WooICYU

Smash Journeyman
An Intresting view about the controversy, i think your points are well put and explained quite throughly that all of your facts are more of less on reproduced scale. I appreciate your creative thinking about the momentum wavedashing, and look forward to seeing it, if it occurs in the final product of the game.

On the heavier note, I think that Exorcist, if you dont have anything but sparratic mumbling about the actuality of his statements then dont post at all, if you believe that you are a supposed psychiatrist (scuse the spelling) you'd know that the way to end all conflicts is not to provoke it even more.

veil222

Smash Journeyman
you'd know that the way to end all conflicts is not to provoke it even more.
Quoted for win, s'why I post 2-3 times in a thread and get out while the fire is still falling. I'm glad people are getting their hands on the game and reporting new physics and mechanics. It's really looking like arial combat will be alot more fun in Brawl.

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
Quoted for win, s'why I post 2-3 times in a thread and get out while the fire is still falling. I'm glad people are getting their hands on the game and reporting new physics and mechanics. It's really looking like arial combat will be alot more fun in Brawl.
For me I WANT VIDEOS ****, ****ING GOOD VIDEOS.

And someone please, use oversized-yoshi. I'm hoping for he being a GOOD character once :(

Vortok

Smash Journeyman
So why are you not gonna play just cause you got in an accident, while your friend who was with you is still gonna?
I have more than one friend. :)

But in all seriousness, the friend I carpool with (and the guy that lives with him... three of us that carpool) is not the same one that's playing Brawl (I was talking to him on my cell - edited other post to make that clear). The two people I carpool with suck at Smash... and don't really play. It's about a 45min - 1hr drive from my house (it's Nintendo, that's why I deal with the commute... if the job becomes longterm I may move closer) so I'm not gonna drive down there to play the Demo for maybe an hour or two (and then drive back in rush hour traffic) or possibly play even less and do half a day's work. -- Basically, yet another friend came to pick us up and drove us home. I got home about 1:30. 1 hour drive puts me arriving around 2:30. Wii for All closes at 4:00. Seattle area traffic at 4:00 likely = 2 hour drive home. Not worth it.

Sorry if I was unclear about the difference between the co-worker/friend and the second friend that was in the accident with me.

mccdbz5 - I haven't seen DK played in person. I think we all know he wasn't the most popular in Melee, so he isn't high on most people's list of characters to play (also don't think I've seen Bowser played yet). If I get time tomorrow, I'll give him a shot. I was competent enough in Melee that I could win against casuals at work playing DK from time to time, so assuming my brain grasps the control scheme better, I may be able to pick up some differences. Fox is first on the list, though, unless my co-worker friend reports to me about most of the stuff I would've tested today.

I'm kinda interested in DK/Bowser... basically to see what they did to bring him higher up on the "playability" list. He wasn't awful in Melee, but he wasn't exactly fantastic either.

Vortok

Smash Journeyman
Well... it's 4:05 here now... I'll prolly give him 'til 4:30 and then call him, heh.

And I was gonna print out Zauron's list of things to test and make him try them all day. Well, there's tomorrow! (he works 10 hour days, so he has three days in a row off).

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Vortok... I applaud you. After all the trolls and fakes... there's actually been someone real... or at least you seem like. lol. *Claps*

Also, this meaningless post was to subscribe to this thread. Woo!

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
Mccdbz5 - I haven't seen DK played in person. I think we all know he wasn't the most popular in Melee, so he isn't high on most people's list of characters to play (also don't think I've seen Bowser played yet). If I get time tomorrow, I'll give him a shot. I was competent enough in Melee that I could win against casuals at work playing DK from time to time, so assuming my brain grasps the control scheme better, I may be able to pick up some differences. Fox is first on the list, though, unless my co-worker friend reports to me about most of the stuff I would've tested today.

I'm kinda interested in DK/Bowser... basically to see what they did to bring him higher up on the "playability" list. He wasn't awful in Melee, but he wasn't exactly fantastic either.
Oh, alright then. I am very satisfied with the answer you have given me. I'm glad you're actually willing to try him out, regardless of how much you actually like the character. If you do happen to try Donkey Kong out sometime, please share the info with us! Much will be appreciated. Thanks again! :)

Kryptonite X

Smash Cadet
ok, a momentum dodge is confirmed. big whoop. computers always air dodge neutrally. we'll find out for sure quite soon

Step 1: Denial

What else really needs to be confirmed? If dodges work like so, that means dodging doesn't give momentum on it's own which means wavedashing = out.

Vortok

Smash Journeyman
Crawling is in. My friend did it with Sonic.

He said that wavedashing is out for sure.

Auto-sweetspot apparently isn't 100%. He said that he did do it with Samus's Up B, but another time he went right by the ledge with Samus's Screw Attack. That should make some people a bit happier.

He also said that he was grabbing ledges for all sorts of weird angles... magnetic gloves for everyone! lol

Sonic's neutral B is a homing spin move.

He said that Fox's shine is "different." Wouldn't say for sure if it was instant or not and whether he could jump cancel it.

He said he tried L cancelling again, but didn't really figure something out one way or the other.

Didn't see anyone dash dance, and some of the best Melee players (that work there, including one that goes to and does well at tourneys) tried it today. He didn't tell me that he specifically tried it, but he did say that some of the characters were really slidey, and that he slid past items now and then.

He tried holding various buttons, but couldn't find a way to start the match as Zero Suit Samus.

Didn't try rolling onto the edge.

He played Peach (said it was mostly as Sonic or Samus) and his general impression was that she's good, but not as insane as she once was. Didn't play with the down smash so dunno about that.

GimmeAnFSharp

Smash Journeyman
Thank heavens. Everything is starting to seem a little more balanced, and wavedashing (or knowing how to deal with it) is no longer the end-all be-all of veteran vs. expert players.

...provided this is all true.

Zauron

Smash Journeyman
where did you get the pic you quoted in that message from san you post it in your own message so i can get the image link
I made that pic, you can get it and other ones used for research from my site at http://www.zauron.net/images/SSBB

Crawling is in. My friend did it with Sonic.

He said that wavedashing is out for sure.

Auto-sweetspot apparently isn't 100%. He said that he did do it with Samus's Up B, but another time he went right by the ledge with Samus's Screw Attack. That should make some people a bit happier.

He also said that he was grabbing ledges for all sorts of weird angles... magnetic gloves for everyone! lol

Sonic's neutral B is a homing spin move.

He said that Fox's shine is "different." Wouldn't say for sure if it was instant or not and whether he could jump cancel it.

He said he tried L cancelling again, but didn't really figure something out one way or the other.

Didn't see anyone dash dance, and some of the best Melee players (that work there, including one that goes to and does well at tourneys) tried it today. He didn't tell me that he specifically tried it, but he did say that some of the characters were really slidey, and that he slid past items now and then.

He tried holding various buttons, but couldn't find a way to start the match as Zero Suit Samus.

Didn't try rolling onto the edge.

He played Peach (said it was mostly as Sonic or Samus) and his general impression was that she's good, but not as insane as she once was. Didn't play with the down smash so dunno about that.
What's the control input to crawl? And any details on how it works? Is crawling what Yoshi is going into and out of in this video clip?:

Hmm, no conclusions on L-cancelling eh? I still say its out, based on video research.

Vortok

Smash Journeyman
I tried asking him if it was diagonal down... and he just went off on it being weird and how he hasn't seen the use for it yet. Think we jumped to some other topic, and then he got a call... and I think it hung up on me when he tried to answer the second one. Called him back a few minutes later, but got voicemail (I just said "You're a douuuche" for the message and hung up).

I can say for sure that he was using a Classic Controller.

Edit: Also, he reiterated what we more or less know about Ike - that he's a heavy character. He said that he thinks either Ike or Samus is the heaviest so far (though I didn't ask how much he's seen DK or Bowser played).

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings

Hmm, no conclusions on L-cancelling eh? I still say its out, based on video research.
'
Either teching, or a roll.

EDIT: where did both of these come from. Are you people being good smashers and taking more videos hmmmmmm.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
I tried asking him if it was diagonal down... and he just went off on it being weird and how he hasn't seen the use for it yet. Think we jumped to some other topic, and then he got a call... and I think it hung up on me when he tried to answer the second one. Called him back a few minutes later, but got voicemail (I just said "You're a douuuche" for the message and hung up).

I can say for sure that he was using a Classic Controller.

Edit: Also, he reiterated what we more or less know about Ike - that he's a heavy character. He said that he thinks either Ike or Samus is the heaviest so far (though I didn't ask how much he's seen DK or Bowser played).

can i ask where is your friend playing the game?

Zauron

Smash Journeyman
'
Either teching, or a roll.

EDIT: where did both of these come from. Are you people being good smashers and taking more videos hmmmmmm.
No its not a tech or a roll.

Its not a tech because Yoshi was not hit, nor anywhere near anythnig that could hurt him, when he did it. It was straight out of an idle.

Its not a roll because forward rolls make you turn and face the other way. And, we've already seen Yoshi's rolls - he goes into an egg, just like he did in Melee.

For the rest of the video this is taken from, check out http://www.gamespot.com/video/92851...os-brawl-nintendo-media-summit-2007-interview at 5:37.

Vortok

Smash Journeyman
Him and his friend work at nintendo HQ, they played it at Wii for all where nintendo employees get to try out games.
Correct. We both work in the call center. He was a tester for a little bit before the Wii came out, but then they moved him to the call center (where we tell people that their Wii Remotes aren't broken, and if they unplug the Wii for 5 seconds and do NOT hold the console's SYNC button when syncing Remotes, it'll work fine).

Top Bottom