• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Delzethin Remakes Wario's Smash Moveset

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...jpg

Roughly a month ago, Delzethin published a new Remake It! video. As the name implies, the Remake It! video series is all about remaking Smash Bros. characters. And, this time Wario was the star of the show!

Delzethin begins by noting that he’ll balance aspects of Wario’s portrayal between Wario Land and WarioWare. Following this, he moves onto detailing new alternate costumes for the greedy antihero. And these costumes manage to reference both WarioWare and Wario Land! But, Wario’s aesthetics are far from the only thing to get a makeover. For starters, Wario received some adjustments to his stats and frame data. And of course, his moves have been given plenty of love here too.

Wario’s moves range from being minorly tweaked to completely brand-new attacks. For example, his neutral aerial is almost exactly the same as before. Except now the animation references WarioWare: Move It! by having Wario clench his fists. Meanwhile on the opposite end of the spectrum, Wario gained plenty of moves, such as his down-tilt. Referencing the Wario Land titles, Wario now has a somersault that can be used to cover distance quickly. And that’s just scratching the surface, he has fresh attacks everywhere you can think of really. Some aerials, throws, specials, a taunt, final smash, and all his smash attacks have been replaced. There’s also some pretty awesome references included among them. Without spoiling much, you’ll see things like Wario’s iconic ground pound and his grab from Wario Land: Shake It! here.

Does that sound interesting to you? If so, we highly recommend checking out Delzethin’s video below!

Author’s Note: Personally I really Delzethin's adjustments to Wario here. There's a lot of things I appreciate about it. Like his new smashes, Wario World getting more of a nod and how the neutral special complements his down special so well among other things. But enough about my thoughts, what do you think? Please let us know in the comments below!

Credits:
Writing: Zerp Zerp
Social: Zerp Zerp

Mitchell "Zerp" Brenkus

Comments

Posting my thoughts I gave on this a while ago:

I'm glad Earthquake punch is there, along with the new down tilt, down air, and forward throw. The down throw is fantastic, I'm glad that was able to be included in some way.

Neutral Special is fantastic. Love how it spills money from the opponent, and it's good the command grab was kept around. Up Special is a good improvement as well.

I would prefer Shoulder Bash to be a new side B, but I can tolerate the Wario Bike sticking around. I'm not a fan of Waft sticking around, though. I understand why it's still here and I can appreciate the new changes made to it, I'm just not a fan of the move as a concept for Wario.

The Final Smash still leaves a lot to be desired considering it's still a lousy cutscene. I want old Wario-Man back, bat-guano insane movement options and frame data and all that.

Overall it's a good rework proposal. I'm glad that he chooses not to go overboard with physical references/prop spawning, which is something not a lot of other Smash fan movesets can say. I was fearing this rework a bit but I'm actually pretty fine with how it turned out.

Posting my thoughts I gave on this a while ago:

I'm glad Earthquake punch is there, along with the new down tilt, down air, and forward throw. The down throw is fantastic, I'm glad that was able to be included in some way.

Neutral Special is fantastic. Love how it spills money from the opponent, and it's good the command grab was kept around. Up Special is a good improvement as well.

I would prefer Shoulder Bash to be a new side B, but I can tolerate the Wario Bike sticking around. I'm not a fan of Waft sticking around, though. I understand why it's still here and I can appreciate the new changes made to it, I'm just not a fan of the move as a concept for Wario.

The Final Smash still leaves a lot to be desired considering it's still a lousy cutscene. I want old Wario-Man back, bat-guano insane movement options and frame data and all that.

Overall it's a good rework proposal. I'm glad that he chooses not to go overboard with physical references/prop spawning, which is something not a lot of other Smash fan movesets can say. I was fearing this rework a bit but I'm actually pretty fine with how it turned out.
Why does the Shoulder Bash need to be a special anyway?

Whether it's an F-Smash (like in Brawl or Crusade), or a Dash Attack (like in Ultimate), I find it much better that it and the bike coexist.

My Wario rework would just be making it so you can pick up and throw the destroyed bike parts again. Would make him a bit more fun to watch in tournaments than just "Oh it's stock 3, he's going to use waft to kill at 20 again"
If that's the only change, people could still use waft to kill at 20 on stock 3 just like before

Last edited:
I actually enjoyed the changes. The Wario Land focus is an absolute ok in my book. I like how pre WarioWare his remade moveset in this video is and adventurous. Its old school and whacky. WarioWare Wario moveset always felt pretentious to me and strictly hand themed. His current Down Tild is weirdly lazy and silly.

Top Bottom