• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Delta Upsilon VIII: The End of an Era [BRING SETUPS!!!]

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer

The eight Delta Upsilon will be the last Delta Upsilon, as the men of DU are moving to a new house and I'll be working tournaments with the Ohio Smash Initiative for the year after that. For this last event I want to do a few special things. First, is were going to be having trophies for the top 3 placements. I've already ordered them and it came out to a little over $30, so I'll call that $10 per placement. That means if first would normally be $110, it will be $100 + a trophy. I think a trophy is gonna last longer so hopefully everyone understands.

Now, secondly, normally you have to buy food down the street or at the venue. This event I will be using the venue fee to buy the food for everyone. I've convinced the guys at the fraternity to part ways with half the fundraising money in order to do this, so basically whatever $50ish of food will get us (a **** ton of pizza some soda and some chips I'd bet). So, we'll have free food for everyone provided with your venue fee.

Third: ALL ARE WELCOME! COME ON BY! BRING SETUPS THOUGH!

The date for the tournament is set for July 23rd. This is what is engraved on the trophies so it will not be changing.

Also, the entrance fee's for this event are going to be slightly different. Doubles will only be $10 per team, instead of $20 per team. I'd rather have more people enter and less money for the winners than another 5-team tournament. If you are coming please plan on using $20 for singles + doubles + venue. That will cover you for the entire day of smashing and you will get food with it.

Columbus, OH 43201

Schedule
*Limit of 32 registrants*
July 23rd, 2011

11:00AM - Warm up/Set up NO NOT ARRIVE BEFORE 11AM
12:00PM - Teams Registration
12:30PM - Teams Begins
3:00PM - Singles Registration
3:30PM - Singles Pools Begins
7:00PM - Bracket Begins
9:00PM - Begin Packing up

Food
There will be free food at the venue. Not sure what yet, probably pizza, soda, and chips. Maybe some cheese and crackers if I'm feeling fancy.

Money
Venue Fee: $5 (not waved with setups)
Entrance fee for Singles (1v1): $10 per person
Entrance fee for Teams (2v2): $10 dollars per team ($5 per person)

Singles Payout
1st: 48% - $10 + Trophy
2nd: 22% - $10 + Trophy
3rd: 14% - $10 + Trophy
4th: 8%
5th: 4%
5th: 4%

Teams Payout
1st: 55%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 15%

General Gameplay Rules
This event will be using the Unity Ruleset.

•These rules are subject to change leading up to the event date. The Tournament Organizer (Chris Brown) reserves the right to remove you from the venue at his discretion for any reason.

Note: Delta Upsilon and its members, Chris Brown, and any persons helping run the event may not be held liable for any lost, stolen, or damaged goods during this event. Nor will Chris Brown, the venue, its owners, affiliates, employees, members, sponsors, or volunteers be held liable or responsible for any injury or harm that may befall a person during the course of this event. By entering the venue during the posted date you are displaying your agreement with this policy.

Pools and Bracket Information
Teams
Teams will be run with a double elimination bracket, seeded by Ohio PR and location.

Singles
Singles will be run with pools followed by a double elimination bracket.

Pool ties will be broken as follows:
-If set wins are tied between 2 (two) people, then whoever won the head to head match advances (or gets the higher seed)
-If set wins are tied between 3 (three) people, then whoever has the better game record continues (wins - loses), if two people are tied in their game record then head to head is used. Example, if P-A beats P-B 2-1, and P-B beats P-C 2-1, and P-C beats P-A 2-0, then the results would be:
P-C is the first seed
P-A is the second seed
P-B is the third seed
-If all three players are tied in sets and games then 1 stock 2 minute overtime will be played between each of the three players. Best of one. This continues until the tie is broken.

Attendence List
TBD

Setups
TV
Wii

Maps

Parking Map

The large blue area on the map is the parking garage. The garage charges $1 an hour. I believe (not %100 positive, so ask the garage attendant for confirmation or read posted signs) that the max charge is $7. The other blue area is metered and unmetered parking. There is also street parking on adjacent streets.
The red area is the venue.

TV Drop Off Map

The venue is the house of Delta Upsilon. It is a town house with an entrance in the front and back. If you are dropping a TV off, it is best to use the back entrance. To get to the back of the building you will have to follow the route in Blue. Get someone to help you before attempting to move your TV if it is large. We are in the basement of the building so there will be a flight of stairs to carry the TV down. After dropping off your TV you will need to park (See Map Labeled "Parking").​

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
When we find out more about this?

I would very much like to attend the last DU and see all my favorite Ohio and Kentucky people.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
I think it should be july 2nd. because there's no way im going to hope3 or brainshock. @_@
brainshock is waaay too far. This tournament is pretty much for locals anyways isn't it?

ZTD | TECHnology

July 2nd wouldn't be advisable. NEOH as well as MI are attending /HOPE3 and both groups contribute to attendance here since this one is limited to those who have previously participated in a DU event. July 9th would honestly be better.

:phone:

Kel

Smash Master
So what day is this?

OS is having his july 4th party on the 9th and I'd like to go to both of these things.

D

Deleted member

Damn...for once, I'd probably be able to make it to this DU, and I'm not even allowed to come...:(

Any chance of this rule changing/allowing for exceptions? I REALLY want to go...

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
The date for this is finalized. I do not want to conflict with Hail's upcoming tournament, and I want some of graduate school stuff to calm down, so the DATE IS SATURDAY JULY 23rd!

You may now post to pre-register.

Also I ordered trophies for singles (not doubles cause that would have been an extra $60).

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Sorry Technical Chase, the 23rd is the only date that is gonna work for me because I have to run Halo at MLG Anaheim and I don't wanna book on the same weekend as Genesis. This is meant to be a small tournament to.

ZTD | TECHnology

I understand, I just wanted to attend the last one as well. Oh well, I'll stay tuned for future tournaments ran by you.

Good luck to all those who attend.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Sorry for the date NEOH. I would really love you guys to come if you could somehow manage it, but my schedule this summer is really packed/hectic between MLG events and graduate school. :(

Top Bottom