• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Deleted

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
DEleted delettedd deeeeleeetttteeeedddd

All the matches have been taken down so no point in keeping the thread that comments about them

Renth

Smash Hero
Chaos and Star are two different words, until you change your name you're forever Kaos-tar to me.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
I wrote a pretty big post, but my mouse messed up and clicked it away. CBA doing it again so I'm gonna give summaries. (this is all on the Ganon matches)

1- I liked alot of stuff you did, had some nice combos and good footworks and spacing :p At 1:03 you shouldn't have died, I'm guessing your DI was off. I saw a lot of laggy teleports. Don't teleport while standing, do a little jump and then teleport for lagless teleport.

2- Another good match, but a few things bugged me. At 1:16, I liked what you did, but was it really worth shooting a full shadowball for a dash attack? 2:18, I got the feeling you weren't watching your opponent while recovering. What he did was very obvious and you should've seen it coming. What I also saw you do was coming down with D-airs when high up. Don't do that, especially vs Ganon's ridiculous legs.
There's one thing I like a lot about this stage. When your opponent is on the platform above you (side ones) you can Usmash. It's perfectly safe, shieldpokes sometimes and can push them off the platform, all great options. I saw a few oppurtunities for this, but instead saw an U-tilt :/.

3- Right off the bat, I spotted a huge mistake. Nairing into the opponents shield isn't bad, but make sure you land BEHIND him. If you land in front of him you're ASKING to be shieldgrabbed. This cost you nearly a stock. 0:22, what a gentleman, savind him :laugh:, I guess this was a misplaced teleport. Once again, 0:32, jumping in with Nair on shield. What you did at 0:42 made me chuckle. It was great to see that. You were being a bit flashy at 1:15, which resulted in a grab eventually. Be more careful with placing teleports and wavelands. At 1:29, another obvious KO which could be avoided by looking at your opponent. 1:37 put a smile on my face to see a Nair landing behind your opponent. At 1:43, you could've teleported on stage and be safe, but you teleported to the edge and you eventually got knocked off. If you don't have to be on the edge, DONT BE THERE.
In short; Landing nairs in front of your opponents shield is a big no-no. Landing behind them is great, going trough them is great as well. (full hops are VERY succesful as well, you have room to teleport away after the N-air)

4- I liked 0:16-0:23. I expected you to doing something from the edge, but instead you waited for his "reaction" (to your move that never came) so you could punish him. Kudos on that. What you did while recovering at 2:54 was very dangerous and put you in a bad spot. If it wasn't for a misplaced hit, you would have eaten that F-air. Other than that, not much to comment on this match, it was very well played. It gave me a lot of good ideas on how to get people under the stage with side-B and more!

5- At 0:15, why did you F-throw. D-throw would give you more chances for techchases or just hitting him. From 1:18 till the KO you missed a lot of oppurtunities. You could've had better timing and spacing there. Right after the KO; Lol, well done showing off, but you kinda ruined a nice chance for a shadowball. 2:41 and after - Lol, that was a fun tussle. Why did you shoot your shadowball after he died? I don't think Shadowball charge is THAT good, you're better off keeping it in my opinion. At the last stock, I like how you picked up on fullhop Nairs. They were super effective. Nice edgeguarding on the last stock.

6- 0:27- Good shadowball, it shut him down and he was forced to up-B, giving you a chance to hit him. I'll remember that. At about 1:20 I saw you using side-B for recovery again. I don't see why you did that. Also, F-smash shieldpush is AMAZING, that is one safe move O_o (barring the startup lol). Less spotdodging as well, I see it sometimes, but it's not good. I've seen you getting grabbed quite some time because of shadowball > wavedash D-tilt. If it doesn't work most of the time, either use it less or space it better. Other than that, good match. On this stage, Mewtwo is a real "go with the flow"-character. You did that nicely. Got a bit predictable with the teleports on the end though, it was very easy to tell where you would go to next.

7- That F-smash for the first stock was really good, that was how I got alot of my kills yesterday when playing :p. Recovering with D-air looks really fancy if you succesfully spike him, but vs ganon's feet it's no use. Don't do it. Notice the Ganon recovering high (1:36). You had a perfect oppurtunity to F-smash/D-smash him. He had no choice but falling to the edge, you could've easily hit him and KO'd him, you were in the right spot. Luckily, you did that the next time he came back. +10 rep for the risk of killing him at 2:43. 3:55 - Fail, no explanation needed <_<

8- Heavily lol'd at 0:35. You also have really good reading skills I've noticed. Nice spike kill as well. 1:33, noticed the shieldgrabbed Nair again :/. You were really good this match, I liked the Usmashes and lots of edgecancels/wavedashes of edge. Not much to say about this.

9- Good match. Nair-fest at 1:20 loool. At 4:04, you weren't watching your opponent again and gave him an easy kill. Finally Ganon won a match lol.

Wow, still a pretty long post.
In conclusion; I liked watching these vids and your Mewtwo a lot. It gave me ideas about how to play and Mewtwo himself. Your play was good, perfect some mistakes you make and as always work on the spacing till you never get hit =o. Your Mewtwo is very good and I'm convinced you could get more disables in for easy damage/kills. Don't get predictable with teleports. You should watch your opponent very closely. You make few mistakes, but the times you do, you get punished hard for it. Ah well, that's ganon for you :urg:.
This is all constructive criticism :bee:

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Lol thanks for the detailed response. For the most part this is how I play when Im playing over aggressive.

Ill get some more serious matches posted as well..

Hope to hear more from you.

SDC

Smash Lord
Good **** Kaos, liked the combo vid. Loved your use of mewtwo's ariels, nice uairs, also looks like you got dair down too. If I ever play again, I'll start implementing uair more in edgeguards. good **** man

Top Bottom