• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Deleted.......

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I have a stage related question I'll ask here. Would any of you agree on this?:

:jigglypuff: Jigglypuff
Best: Brinstar, Norfair, Jungle Japes
Worst: Corneria
It's for this thread, discussing each character's 3 general best and worst stages.

If no, suggestions?

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
I would say no because her best stages are Frigate, Jungle Japes, Smashville and FD. Worst is corneria, Battlefield and some others.

Wait why is Corneria bad? I always played on that stage in Melee, it was my favorite.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I dissagree with Battlefeild. Its an easy stage to get jab locks in with. If the opponent gets hit by your arieals while sheilding and falls off the platform you can auto jab lock them.

Veril

Frame Savant
I'm surprised not to see any mention of stages with attackable components. I've been using them to stale the b-air whenever I get the chance. And what about projectiles, specifically the bottle caps on Distant Planet. I love those things...

Thoughts? I've just picked up Jiggs and want to make her a secondary so any input is greatly appreciated.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I'm surprised not to see any mention of stages with attackable components. I've been using them to stale the b-air whenever I get the chance. And what about projectiles, specifically the bottle caps on Distant Planet. I love those things...

Thoughts? I've just picked up Jiggs and want to make her a secondary so any input is greatly appreciated.
Depends on the stage. I'm really just starting this and I took a small break so it should be updated soon. I think that those stages are mehh, not bad but not great.

Glick

Smash Lord
The only thing I can say about lylat is: Can I has tech chased rests?

Seriously. Go try it there, the platforms are so tiny. Learned it from captain falcon, who's tech chased knees on that level make babies explode.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Bumped because this is going to be continued. Finally :)
lol you need to put when the page was last updated, but in the case that no one will know this thread is going to be alive again, good bump xD
I think you should put Delfino plaza as a counter pick in jigg'z favor because it's easy to manipulate the main platform by floating under it and using U-air, and B-air chaining out of it. It's also a good way to safely land a F-air kill move. the stage is also good because you can use water canceled rests; and you can keep your opponent from staying on the main platform as it takes off. jigglypuff has about a 75% advantage to most characters here, especialy heavy characters, and characters with poor recoveries.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
lol you need to put when the page was last updated, but in the case that no one will know this thread is going to be alive again, good bump xD
I think you should put Delfino plaza as a counter pick in jigg'z favor because it's easy to manipulate the main platform by floating under it and using U-air, and B-air chaining out of it. It's also a good way to safely land a F-air kill move. the stage is also good because you can use water canceled rests; and you can keep your opponent from staying on the main platform as it takes off. jigglypuff has about a 75% advantage to most characters here, especialy heavy characters, and characters with poor recoveries.
QFT. Also, most of the transformations are flat without patforms, which is really nice.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Definitely not a 75% advantage. She might have a 20% advantage off of anyone with meh platform pressure games but against a Marth or character with a good spike, the open water doesn't help. This is really good against someone with limited recovery and no spiked and a meh platform pressure game, but this doesn't have anything that stands out, unlike Jungle Japes.

MikuMiku~

Smash Cadet
I'm a novice, D: but I disagree with your battlefield rating! For my playstyle that is a great map for Jigglypuff. It's platforms are good, to me anyway, and also helpes me land a Rest. I'm not really a competitive Jigglypuff, but I wanted to get my opinion out.

PND

Smash Champion
The setup of the platforms limits your approach angles and they can mix up techs on them to screw up your aerial chains.

The limitation approach angles is the biggest thing, against say, a Snake who knows what he's doing, you are completely unable to approach barring EXTREME mindgames.

Try getting a Marth, DK, or G&W there. They just have to camp under a platform and keep you away with tilts. They can hit you through the platform so you can't approach from your normal angles. Being forced to approach how they want you to = megabad.

Glick

Smash Lord
BF is jigglypuffs best neutral
Jigglypuff beasts falco and d3.

These are the things that separate me from all the cool kids who think the opposite.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Seriously how can you not think jigglypuff beasts falco. Lets be real now.
He has a game that is specialized to go slightly in the air and punish those that stay in the air and try to SH aerials and have relatively weak ground games. Sound like anyone we know??? Also, his illusion can be used well enough so he isn't commonly gimped. And his smashes dominate and if he SH lasers to a F-smash, he kills early. Plus he is insanely better at Japes than Jigglypuff. Its his stage essentially.

Veril

Frame Savant
BF is horrible for Jiggs... awesome for Lucas :)

Seriously, those platforms are the devil if you play against anyone who can hit you through them.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Doesn't Battlefield also ruin almost all of the effectivness of rollout? (or anything with accessible platforms..)
Rollout beats out most of the effectiveness of rollout. I find that Battlefield actually helps it out (yes, I know that may be shocking) because of two reasons:

A) You use it less, a lot less.

B) Its easier to mindgame it with the platforms.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Hmm. I see, but for the actually kill, they could just jump up, leaving you either at a disadvantage or in the same situation, but I can see how it could work if used less (and from platforms..?).

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to input some information for tactics on Halberd. I'd give the stage a 3, since the threats mess with some of Jigg's air play. However Jigg's can participate since a good Bair or fair can direct opponents into the obstacle. All in all I would be reluctant to play the stage though, since the top platform is a very annoying one, and with hazards abound, it can mess with Jigg's if you're not paying attention to the background. One advantage to Halberd (delfino, mute city, and the like) is that the main platform is a very unique one. Characters can pass through from the bottom but not from the top, which can give jiggs a huge advantage with her near infinite horizontal recovery.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I'd like to input some information for tactics on Halberd. I'd give the stage a 3, since the threats mess with some of Jigg's air play. However Jigg's can participate since a good Bair or fair can direct opponents into the obstacle. All in all I would be reluctant to play the stage though, since the top platform is a very annoying one, and with hazards abound, it can mess with Jigg's if you're not paying attention to the background. One advantage to Halberd (delfino, mute city, and the like) is that the main platform is a very unique one. Characters can pass through from the bottom but not from the top, which can give jiggs a huge advantage with her near infinite horizontal recovery.
We haven't discussed Halberd yet.

Top Bottom