• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

delete thread please

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyChef

Smash Ace
This summer I'm going to have same problem with Melee IC's cause I'm coming from an area where wobbling is allowed to NY/NJ where they are banned for the most part.

I would do the same exact thing you're doing and debate it with the tourney host. I wouldn't want to be forced to go around it and use footstools only for them to eventually get banned too. Bad part is that some tourney hosts will never get convinced cause they are always right, like Xyro lol. You can also not attend their tourneys. DA in nyc held a series a tourneys with stuff they thought were broken, like the CG's. After maybe 2 or 3 tourneys they switched back to normal rules because of low attendance.

If all else fails, go to NJ. They will never ban IC CG's. Chibo tried to ban it last year and everyone defended the CGs and they stayed of course lol.

Btw, did your matches not get recorded that day you won?

Smasher89

Smash Lord
I would host my own tournament with better rules I guess, otherwise I would just go MK only even in friendlies playing as lame as possible(ok lamer in tournamentmatches then friendlies).
I think you now have a good reason to play to win ONLY by taking the lead % with a tornado and then planking(something that seriously needs to be proven broken if that´s the case) the rest of the match, since one of MKs mayor threats are gone with such stupid rules the only thing to worry about is not getting the % lead or just facing another MK.

If you manage to win a few matches/sets that way people should reconsider the rules or even actually beg you to play ICs(which would then be hilarious XDXD), make plaink and teh_spamerer look offensive against that playstyle.

When I read the rule for how it's ban works it basicly seems to work like explosion in pokemon which often means double KO, but what's more interesting is that you´ll have time to KO the opponent before you can possibly SD after grabbing the opponent 4 times(at all or in a row?XD) .

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
I would still play ICs. I love desynching too much.

That said, it would be idiotic to ban the infinites ATM. It doesn't fit any reasonable criterion. IF they were unbeatable, it would be a problem, but what brawl national tourneys do ICs win? What characters do they invalidate? How many people play ICs (IE, Decentralization)? Is getting grabbed unaviodable? All of these are a no.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Bad part is that some tourney hosts will never get convinced cause they are always right, like Xyro lol.

this is true.

however, i have done away with that rule for a while now. However, if anybody wants to do SOMETHING about the IC ICG i recommend reducing it to 5 grabs(nana grabs count as part of the 5)

meepxzero

Smash Master
This summer I'm going to have same problem with Melee IC's cause I'm coming from an area where wobbling is allowed to NY/NJ where they are banned for the most part.

I would do the same exact thing you're doing and debate it with the tourney host. I wouldn't want to be forced to go around it and use footstools only for them to eventually get banned too. Bad part is that some tourney hosts will never get convinced cause they are always right, like Xyro lol. You can also not attend their tourneys. DA in nyc held a series a tourneys with stuff they thought were broken, like the CG's. After maybe 2 or 3 tourneys they switched back to normal rules because of low attendance.

If all else fails, go to NJ. They will never ban IC CG's. Chibo tried to ban it last year and everyone defended the CGs and they stayed of course lol.

Btw, did your matches not get recorded that day you won?
naw i barely have stuff recorded. A lot of my matches i do fight with ic and the infinite is just a support not my entire game unless if its against snake or mk where all u can do against those two is grab.

xyro i have no problem with the 5 alt grab rule (the infinite does destroy a lot of the cast), its just that its impossible to beat snake or mk if you take away the infinite. It makes the match up even in my book between those two except snake where its 45:55 snake.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Chain grabs already are limited where I am, but we have Xyro as a really good tourny host, and he always makes events and stuff run smooth, so I really don't mind at all. Having their chain grabs limited doesn't really affect my gameplay that much, aside from forcing me to get better with their fighting skills outside of chain grabs.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Closed per request.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom