• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dehydrated Ichthyoid's Melee Extravaganza 1 - May 25th, 2013 - Plano, TX

D

Deleted member

g ****ing g to Zach, you and Violet ****ed me and my brother up in Doubles.

Almost progressed in Low Tier Singles as Link, but Hannah wrecked me.

(Hopefully there will be more Melee tournaments after my wrist isn't broken anymore.)

D

Deleted member

g ****ing g to Zach, you and Violet ****ed me and my brother up in Doubles.

Almost progressed in Low Tier Singles as Link, but Hannah wrecked me.

(Hopefully there will be more Melee tournaments after my wrist isn't broken anymore.)

We should practice together, all of us. You and your brother, me and Zack.

Also, I got wrecked by Hannah too, her Ice Climbers are legit.

D

Deleted member

We should practice together, all of us. You and your brother, me and Zack.

Also, I got wrecked by Hannah too, her Ice Climbers are legit.
My Brother honestly said that he gave up after Doubles, because he knew he'd get owned by the players. But I think he might quit Smash, but he said he needs to practice more.

I almost beat Hannah in Low Tier Singles, she had one stock and 138%, then she ****ing edgeguarded me.

lol

D

Deleted member

I should have just waited until June or something, because I know there will be a Melee Tournament in June at least, because I showed up to this place expecting moderately good players and my wrist not being a problem.

Expect my wrist was a problem, and 50% of the players were APEX material.

(not exactly Apex material, but you get what I mean.)

D

Deleted member

Its also my fault too, I should have practiced more, but gg to all you guys though, you played way better than I did. :falconmelee:

D

Deleted member

And on a final note, its my fault for not training with other characters, I only had experience with Falcon, and even then, I didn't even play up to my full potential as him.

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
From what I saw, and talked with what I assumed are your parents about, Scotch you and your brother have talent to be a decent doubles team. The problem is, and don't let this weigh you down any, everyone that you saw at the tournament today have been playing this game for nearly 12 years, give or take a few years to learn the game. They have experience. That doesn't mean that you can't get experience either and learning the game, but what I am saying is that your learning curve, especially if you only go to tournaments, will be very steep because they will be playing for money, sort of like throwing you off the cliff and expecting you to survive. I know this because I'm getting the same treatment by a friend of mine in King of Fighters.

Your best bet is indeed take a few tournaments with low expectations, and get a feel of what is expected of you in them, then practice hard.

BIGJOHNSONxPWNS

Smash Apprentice
Had fun playing today and actually winning a few games. Wish I could have stayed longer to get more friendlies in. I'll be at the next one for sure and hopefully advance further in bracket. GG's to all I played.

D

Deleted member

Gabe, Results Thread so we can have shoutouts. Also, Scotch, don't make 4 posts in a row. Just edit your old posts. Also, were not Apex material, you just let your imagination run wild. Your brother probably will quit smash though, its inevitable that younger players will make it out of their little circle of "If I don't win then I don't want to play". Surprisingly though, I'm one of the few that wasn't like this. When I was 11 and I went to a tournament, I didn't say that. And that's how I'm here.
Oh and BigJohnson, who were you irl? Were you Gentle Breeze?

D

Deleted member

From what I saw, and talked with what I assumed are your parents about, Scotch you and your brother have talent to be a decent doubles team. The problem is, and don't let this weigh you down any, everyone that you saw at the tournament today have been playing this game for nearly 12 years, give or take a few years to learn the game. They have experience. That doesn't mean that you can't get experience either and learning the game, but what I am saying is that your learning curve, especially if you only go to tournaments, will be very steep because they will be playing for money, sort of like throwing you off the cliff and expecting you to survive. I know this because I'm getting the same treatment by a friend of mine in King of Fighters.

Your best bet is indeed take a few tournaments with low expectations, and get a feel of what is expected of you in them, then practice hard.

Thanks for the advice man, I NEED to practice more, this is my first time being in competitive smash in five years, and the Utah smashers that I played with when I was 8-12, were pretty casual. I mean, they weren't weak, but they weren't as good as you guys were. I mean, the guys at the venue there were discussing crap I wasn't even aware of, like hitboxes and weight. I need to learn that. I also should have kept a positive mentality during the matches, that's one of the key things that any player should know.

Anyways, I can't wait to see you guys again, I'll be back with a vengeance!

XD

Zach, Violet, contact me here to let me know when you dudes wanna practice: superbonk64@gmail.com, PM me for my phone number (violet has it btw).

The only parent I had there, was the woman in the mint dress. The rest were just friends and other family that wanted to see me play Smash.

BIGJOHNSONxPWNS

Smash Apprentice
Oh and BigJohnson, who were you irl? Were you Gentle Breeze?

Yep that was me. Super clean Marth ya got there, sir. Wish I could have given you more of a challenge but I've only been playing competitively for half a year. Hopefully I can start playing better people like you guys more often instead of all my friends who tend to make me worse and give me bad habits.

D

Deleted member

Tipped D smash at 70% that hits you to the left and not up. Jesus Christ.

D

Deleted member

Thanks for letting use your controller Zach, appreciate it. Hope I put it to good use.

D

Deleted member

Wait, Sanji, were you at this? I don't think I remembered who you were.

WaterlessFishie

Smash Journeyman
I'll get a results thread if/when I get the tio files from Cameron. We may have lost them idk, but I'm pretty sure I remember results for dubs and top 12 for singles

Temporary results:
1. Glibby Globby
2. Dr. Drew
3. Admiral
4. WaterlessFishie
5. MimicMew
5. Denthorn
7. OJ da juiceman
7. Awestin
9. Penguin
9. Thoraxe
9. Zachattax
9. Problemo

D

Deleted member

Unrelated Question: How much does FX sell their used Wiis for? I forgot to ask.
Also, if not FX, where can I find a used Wii for a cheap price (Console only, I don't care about controllers / Wii sports. I need an old model, one with GameCube controller ports and it should be NTSC.)? I'm wanting to get another one to do a paint job on it and for Project M. (I already have a hacked Wii, but I don't want to risk messing it up already more than I have. I've already come close to bricking it twice now.)

D

Deleted member

Wiis can be found for like $60 at alot of places. Also, hacking your wii to get homebrew is easy as ****. I set up homebrew, usb loading, priiloader, installed wads for things like wiiware and vc, and edited brawl iso's into wbfs files. If I was 12 when I did that and I didn't brick my wii to this day, you can also do it. Get Modmii.

D

Deleted member

Wiis can be found for like $60 at alot of places. Also, hacking your wii to get homebrew is easy as ****. I set up homebrew, usb loading, priiloader, installed wads for things like wiiware and vc, and edited brawl iso's into wbfs files. If I was 12 when I did that and I didn't brick my wii to this day, you can also do it. Get Modmii.

I know it's easy. I've done it before. I just take it to... higher levels. I like custom wii menus and pirated Virtual console channels, which takes a complete reload of some of the Wii's IOSes. Wads can be kinda risky, especially if you make them yourself. On my Wii I have a channel dedicated to Brawl that preloads all the hacks from my sd card. :D

i do love me some frostys
Anyone up for the massive Smash Boards Frosty Party 2013?

D

Deleted member

I have custom wii meuns and pirated virtual console channels as well...

D

Deleted member

I have custom wii meuns and pirated virtual console channels as well...
Anyway, I need another one for travel and personal use.

Another Question, where can I find a cheap small TV? (Not a flat screen!)
What are some recommended models?

D

Deleted member

If you need a CRT tv for smash, go on craigslist or try a garage sale. People give them away thinking they're jump, but they're a treasure to us. Also Gabe, you CRT is really nice.

D

Deleted member

http://i.imgur.com/6k2Ub1W.png
I'm uploading all of these on the Texas Melee channel. and if you notice, I'm also rendering. (Don't worry, even though It's wmm it looks fine. I only use wmm for fast renders, because vegas takes ass tons of time.) I should have all of these uploaded sometime later tonight.

BIGJOHNSONxPWNS

Smash Apprentice
I know I didn't get a chance to introduce myself to a lot of you guys since I had to leave so early, but if you ever feel like practicing or having a Smashfest just let me know. I could really use practicing against players like you guys more than my casual playing friends.

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
Oh, yeah. He left early-ish.
Yeah, I had to leave early because I had to get to the stockyards by 8. I was still late by a half hour.

The only parent I had there, was the woman in the mint dress. The rest were just friends and other family that wanted to see me play Smash.
I see. Tell them I said hi and they are more than welcome to come to The Fort Worth Classic in July. I should have more space in there for pictures and such.

In other news:

- Shoutouts to Gabe for being a fantastic host, though he had to learn the lesson that he wasn't a bank the hard way.

- Shoutouts to the tournament in general for allowing me to call out Doubles matches. I managed to get us on schedule.

- Shoutouts to the one guy known as Taki in my phone. By my calculations, Singles got done by the time that I arrived at Victory Station, roughly an hour and a half, and it was him that I as notified of the event.

Overall, well done. Next time, I'll arrange it where I can stay longer so that I can bring a more powerful laptop to do the bracket. That one was garbage, to be honest.

Penguin_ftw

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I had to leave early because I had to get to the stockyards by 8. I was still late by a half hour.
No one gives a **** :/
I managed to get us on schedule.
A) No

B) Who the **** is "us"? You weren't a part of the tournament, you didn't participate in any way. Why did you show up at all? For commentary? How are you going to commentate a game you don't play? I don't think anyone wants to listen to that. To run the tournament? Get ****ed, that's what Gabe is there for. And I'm sure you think you helped, but you really just sat your ass down at that laptop and tried to take charge of things that were already under control.

- Shoutouts to the one guy known as Taki in my phone. By my calculations, Singles got done by the time that I arrived at Victory Station, roughly an hour and a half, and it was him that I as notified of the event.
This... this is just weird, idk

Next time, I'll arrange it where I can stay longer so that I can bring a more powerful laptop to do the bracket. That one was garbage, to be honest.
It's TIO, not Crisis 3, the laptop worked perfectly fine.

You were kinda annoying dude. I feel like this self-important awkwardness would all be forgivable if you at least played the ****ing game, but you just showed up presumably to try and have some kind of role in running it. All you did was take up space and make noise. Please don't come to the next DIME if you are gonna show up without $10 and a controller.

D

Deleted member

Penguin, lay off. What the **** did he even do? I get what you're saying, but you are so mad? I haven't seen you go off.

Top Bottom