• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dehydrated Ichthyoid's Melee Extravaganza 1 - May 25th, 2013 - Plano, TX

D

Deleted member

Gamestop is dumb though. I get alot of games at FX games actually. (practically all they sell are used games)

D

Deleted member

dayyyyyyyum 40 bucks for melee in 2013? :ohwell:
better make sure that **** is the right version lol
Well there was one used at a Blockbuster for 19.99, but a kid snagged it

This one is like new with the Manual and Box Art. So I guess that's worth 39.95

D

Deleted member

Anyone know where I can get SSBM? Because my disc broke three days ago, and I've been looking everywhere.

for the love of god i need to ****ing train
You can go the cheap way and install DIOS MIOS on your wii and boot a 'back-up' iso of melee.
(...and when I say 'back-up' I mean pirated iso.)
If you don't want to go that route, the best offers for the game you can find on Ebay and Amazon. Keep in mind one thing when buying, Melee is NOT rare at all. There are about 3/4th as many copies of melee as there are GameCubes in existence.

----

Well there was one used at a Blockbuster for 19.99, but a kid snagged it

This one is like new with the Manual and Box Art. So I guess that's worth 39.95
That's a great deal!

D

Deleted member

FX Games? The ****ing venue for this tournament?
Melee is hard to come by at FX. The store manager told me so by e-mail.
If you want, you can send e-mails out to them and ask them to notify you when they get a copy.

D

Deleted member

You can go the cheap way and install DIOS MIOS on your wii and boot a 'back-up' iso of melee.
(...and when I say 'back-up' I mean pirated iso.)
If you don't want to go that route, the best offers for the game you can find on Ebay and Amazon. Keep in mind one thing when buying, Melee is NOT rare at all. There are about 3/4th as many copies of melee as there are GameCubes in existence.

----

That's a great deal!
Hopefully I can get it by tomorrow, cuz I've been screwed over all this week trying to find Melee, hopefully tomorrow something odd won't happen where I don't get it

D

Deleted member

Who wants to team? I play marth/falco/luigi and maybe anyone that you could ask for...

D

Deleted member

Who wants to team? I play marth/falco/luigi and maybe anyone that you could ask for...
I guess me, my brother, you and Violet can team.

Me and my brother can play Doubles, and You and Violet can play Doubles.

Just a suggestion, I'm still not sure If I want to do that (or if you even want to do that.)

D

Deleted member

Violet, me, you, and gabe aren't the only ones going. I'm not going to pick between people I don't know AT ALL and a fox who's super salty because I beat him in a 1 dollar money match.

D

Deleted member

Violet, me, you, and gabe aren't the only ones going. I'm not going to pick between people I don't know AT ALL and a fox who's super salty because I beat him in a 1 dollar money match.
Its all good Zach. I'll get to know you on the 25th anyways, but you don't need to team with me, its k.

D

Deleted member

I'm not saying you're bad, I just want to team with someone I know. Like a certain SALTY FOX.

D

Deleted member

I'm not saying you're bad, I just want to team with someone I know. Like a certain SALTY FOX.
Dude, its ok. I mean, this is my first tournament and I haven't played Melee in months (I'm training now until next week), and my main is Captain Falcon.

falcon panwc.jpg

hopefully you don't wreck me in the first set, 3:0 xD

D

Deleted member

Regular sets are 2 out of 5. Winners, Losers, and Grand finals are 3 out of 5

D

Deleted member

I guess me, my brother, you and Violet can team.

Me and my brother can play Doubles, and You and Violet can play Doubles.

Just a suggestion, I'm still not sure If I want to do that (or if you even want to do that.)
Eh, **** doubles.

Oooh money matches :D

Regular sets are 2 out of 5. Winners, Losers, and Grand finals are 3 out of 5
I thought it was first to three for all.

QUESTION: Are we allowed to ban one stage each?

ALSO: Quick, someone install this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKEdfMj59tQ

D

Deleted member

When theres singles and doubles for only 1 game, and you don't like doubles, you might as well only be at the tournament for an hour or 2.
After game 1, the winner gets to ban a stage. The loser picks from any of the stages that weren't banned.

D

Deleted member

When theres singles and doubles for only 1 game, and you don't like doubles, you might as well only be at the tournament for an hour or 2.
After game 1, the winner gets to ban a stage. The loser picks from any of the stages that weren't banned.
I'm signing up for everything, I assume you are too?

D

Deleted member

Thanks for the info. Sorry about the hash words a bit before. I might play teams, I'm just not sure I want to with people I've never really met before, as there would be no teamwork and it would be chaos.

I'm signing up for everything, I assume you are too?
I might as well, who knows. When the time comes, I think I'll make a decision.

I didnt want to team, but I kind of wanted to poke fun.
Nothing wrong with that. :D

D

Deleted member

I'd imagine the freeze glitch is too?
And why the hell is wobbling legal?
If your good enough, you won't let those Ice ***** get even close to you, and you can SHFFL them with ease.

Just keep your distance, The Ice ***** have screwed me over many times than I can remember.

D

Deleted member

If your good enough, you won't let those Ice ***** get even close to you, and you can SHFFL them with ease.

Just keep your distance, The Ice ***** have screwed me over many times than I can remember.
Is anyone even playing the climbers?
Also, is there any character bans?

D

Deleted member

Is anyone even playing the climbers?
Also, is there any character bans?
I'd assume at least one person is playing Ice Climbers, and there aren't any character bans, I don't see a reason why there would be lol

D

Deleted member

If you can even PULL OFF the yoyo glitch you deserve it. Also if they wobble you, it's your fault for being bad.

D

Deleted member

Well, at least we've got a handful of good players coming, so unless someone versus a scrub, there will be no worry about weird things going on.

I remember I was wavedashing at a Play N Trade Friendlies match and they thought I was hacking, so they removed me from the Tournament.

1.png
>le9gagmfw

D

Deleted member

Wavedashing is completely OP and banned from every tournament including evo. That's why luigi is banned. You're never allowed to play Luigi, never.

D

Deleted member

Wavedashing is completely OP and banned from every tournament including evo. That's why luigi is banned. You're never allowed to play Luigi, never.
That's pretty messed up. I think of wavedashing as a skill players should learn. It's similar to teching like in Skullgirls and other fighters, not everyone knows how to do it, but when they do it's pretty effective.
People that don't know it don't practice.

Also, you're wrong. Wave dashing was legal in APEX and I'm fairly certain it is in EVO too.

Pichu is OP

qqwwrrmm

Smash Cadet
Hey all- a little late to the party, but better late than never ...right?

Anywho I can bring a full setup, tv and all, let me know if that is still needed.

I had to make a new smashboards account since I hadn't logged into my old one in several years.. I've got at least three other friends comin with me to the tourn so add + 3 to the number of attendees...

I live in Allen, so if anyone wants to play a few matches either Tuesday or Wednesday night lemme know..

If not ill see y'all Saturday for some fun!!

D

Deleted member

Hey all- a little late to the party, but better late than never ...right?

Anywho I can bring a full setup, tv and all, let me know if that is still needed.

I had to make a new smashboards account since I hadn't logged into my old one in several years.. I've got at least three other friends comin with me to the tourn so add + 3 to the number of attendees...

I live in Allen, so if anyone wants to play a few matches either Tuesday or Wednesday night lemme know..

If not ill see y'all Saturday for some fun!!
I'm down on the edge of plano, so I'm pretty close to Allen. PM me with your adress or talk to me on skype, we should get together and practice. Maybe we can team at the tourney or something.

Tues/Wed Might work for me, I'll check and let you know. I should be free.

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
I should be there. It all depends on what time that I have to leave because I have two tickets to the Stockshow Rodeo waiting for me at 8PM either Friday or Saturday night.

I recall a couple of pages back that a volunteer is needed on commentary, so I put forth my services for doubles.

D

Deleted member

That's pretty messed up. I think of wavedashing as a skill players should learn. It's similar to teching like in Skullgirls and other fighters, not everyone knows how to do it, but when they do it's pretty effective.
People that don't know it don't practice.

Also, you're wrong. Wave dashing was legal in APEX and I'm fairly certain it is in EVO too.

Pichu is OP
Did you even FEEL the sarcasm in my post? I'm pretty sure it was obvious.
>_> Jesus Christ.

Top Bottom