• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dehydrated Ichthyoid's Melee Extravaganza 1 - May 25th, 2013 - Plano, TX

D

Deleted member

Why not a crt though? You play on a projector?
I don't play on a projector normally, but I don't own any small CRTs (I have household regular TVs, but they are to damn big).
When I do play on projectors I don't see much of a difference other than the fact it's being projected onto a wall.

WaterlessFishie

Smash Journeyman
I don't play on a projector normally, but I don't own any small CRTs (I have household regular TVs, but they are to damn big).
When I do play on projectors I don't see much of a difference other than the fact it's being projected onto a wall.
There is definitely no wall space to use at the venue if that's what your projector requires.

D

Deleted member

Playing on a projector would be cool. Me and my friends played Friendlies today at school with my Teacher's projector. (SSB64)

D

Deleted member

I wanted to say the same thing, but I've never played on one so I didn't know if I would be right.
So... bring it, but if its a struggle then don't, because not many people will really play on it.

D

Deleted member

Projectors have horrendous lag it would probably just end up a friendly setup
Maybe a projector just for the viewing pleasure of the spectators at the venue, and we just play on a regular TV. But I dunno how we can do that, just an idea I guess.

D

Deleted member

The only way to do that is to split the video from the composite cable in the TV to the projector. Now, the problem is that I have to use my double ended composite cord for my own recording...

D

Deleted member

The only way to do that is to split the video from the composite cable in the TV to the projector. Now, the problem is that I have to use my double ended composite cord for my own recording...
Well, we're in quite a pickle here.

D

Deleted member

Why not just forget the projector and run this like a normal tournament?

WaterlessFishie

Smash Journeyman
From what it sounds like to me, I won't want to use if if it's laggy. If it isn't laggy I'm fine with having it up and playing on it, as long as you can set it up and everything.

Oracle

Smash Master
projectors are pretty much always gonna be laggy and also with the screen will take up a lot of space. i would nix it if I were you gabe

D

Deleted member

Yeah just thought about this. Sorry Violet but at the venue there really just won't be room for a projector. It's only two extra dollars, you'll be fine. :)
That's fine, I already said I way going to pay full venue price anyway.
We should have other games like F-Zero GX on the side for people who wait though.

Now that I think about it, maybe in the future we should have an F-Zero tournament cup race thing.

D

Deleted member

That's fine, I already said I way going to pay full venue price anyway.
We should have other games like F-Zero GX on the side for people who wait though.

Now that I think about it, maybe in the future we should have an F-Zero tournament cup race thing.
For a side event suggestion, we should have Low Tier Singles/Doubles.

D

Deleted member

This thread is being suggested with projectors as setups and fx zero for side events.
Calm down guys, try to keep this tournament... not really ****ed up.

D

Deleted member

This thread is being suggested with projectors as setups and fx zero for side events.
Okay

Lets at least have that Mouthful of Clams thing though

D

Deleted member

For a side event suggestion, we should have Low Tier Singles/Doubles.
Isn't that called APEX or EVO? (shots fired)
I'm kidding.

So we're having a projectors only F-Zero tournament? Fine by me.
/sarcasm

Sorry for going out there, but now lets try to stay on subject.
I will hopefully have two others coming with me, are you guys bringing anyone along?

D

Deleted member

Anyone know where I can get SSBM? Because my disc broke three days ago, and I've been looking everywhere.

for the love of god i need to ****ing train

D

Deleted member

Melee isn't too hard to find. If you can't get it, just usb load it. It's easyyyyyyy

D

Deleted member

Really? I remember seeing it almost anywhere because people would turn in their used copies.

D

Deleted member

Well good news, I found one for 39.95 somewhere, gonna go grab it.

Admiral!

Smash Apprentice
Really? I remember seeing it almost anywhere because people would turn in their used copies.
I haven't seen it in a store in over a year. Bigger game stores like GameStop no longer accept GameCube trade ins. Retro game stores are more likely to have them but I get the impression that it sells out pretty quickly there since it's a popular game. Then again, I live in Houston, it might be easier to find in Dallas.

Top Bottom