• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Deflowered! A Comprehensive Guide of Infinite Knowledge!

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard

*goes to fix*
Any other grammar mistakes?

*Whistle Armor Cancel (WAC): What are you canceling? A great question you ask; none of us really know. Personally, I like to think it’s canceling the attack, since that’s what it half does. WAC, as coined by trueredemption, is whistling the moment you get attacked to gain super armor and avoid being gimped. While the whistle lasts for 20 frames you only have super armor on frame 2-16. What super armor does is stop any knockback you receive from an attack; however, you still take damage. This is incredibly useful for recovering, mind games, amongst over all survival. All good olimar’s should know when it is proper to WAC or to aerial dodge, as one is better over the other in certain situation.
Fixed ^.^

You forgot a comma and put two where they shouldn't be. You also misspelled canceling.

<3

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
i actually just wanted to point out spelling mistakes in the one paragraph haha. If I wanted to I could read the whole thing looking for grammar mistakes and point them all out to fino xD

he probably wouldn't like that though :x

Fino

Smash Master
i actually just wanted to point out spelling mistakes in the one paragraph haha. If I wanted to I could read the whole thing looking for grammar mistakes and point them all out to fino xD

he probably wouldn't like that though :x
I would love that. My english is horrible... I'd pay you to do it too Mr. I Know English more better Than You

~Fino

Fino

Smash Master
If you're going to steal the Pika guide's general format (table of contents looks mighty similar), the least you can do is credit the Pikachu Back Room.

Link to Pika guide: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=225527
Took someone long enough to notice... though one of the pika's in the chat said I should format it like your guys guide, since it was so well done.

~Fino

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Took someone long enough to notice... though one of the pika's in the chat said I should format it like your guys guide, since it was so well done.
Well, I don't ever read the Olimar boards. I only looked at it because someone linked to it from a thread I was reading.

Thanks for adding the credit. :) Much appreciated.

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman
^yea i just started oli so i dont know ;_;
and thanx fino sooo much this one guide helped my oli tremendously :)
(i read it a few days ago just now got to post this) :p

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
This guide taught me everything i know

plus the pink boot habit.
Quoted for awesome.... this is fino btw. Actually, if you see anyone from colorado post here for today and tomorrow, it's me XD

~Fino

Rust

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rustic
I saw the username Denti and the first thing I thought was "Dentyne Ice," the gum. Am I a real Olimar main yet? D=

Also, the doubles section really helped me on this. As in, srsly. Much love for this

Muz

Smash Apprentice
alright i was right :D
thanks KayLo for the code!

Latch comes out on frame 9, does its first hit on 26, and every hit after that follows a pattern of one hit every 30 frames. At 0% latch lasts for 269 frames, and decreases by one frame for every percent the opponent has. The lowest it'll get is 69 frames though (two hits)

i'll do the rest of the frame data next i suppose
Fino said:
Pikmin Toss (>B)
Hits on: 9
Ends on: 25
-Pikmin stays latched for 260 frames after latched, decreasing by one frame for each percentage of damage on the opponent, with a minimum of 60 frames. The pikmin deals a latch hit every 30 frames.
Hilt and fino, and all others who worked on this guide, great work! I have some corrections to make about latched pikmin, which is pretty much summarized in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM7wbCg9tX0&feature=player_embedded

Basically you gave a formula for how long a pikmin will stay latched on, but didn't mention that if the person is mashing buttons, the pikmin will fall off much faster (much like being grabbed)

Also the formula for how long the pikmin is attached is wrong.
At 0% if the pikmin will latch on for 260 or 269 frames (depending on which quote you're reading) and attacks every 30 frames, then the pikmin should only hit 8 times, since it will hit on frames:
30, 60, 90, 120, 150, 180, 210, 240
But if you actually test it out (see my video) a latched pikmin at 0% will always hit 9 times (if the opponent is not pressing any buttons)
A little bit of more testing by me has shown that even a pikman that latched on at 12% will still hit 9 times! Only at about 13-14% does it drop down to 8 hits. As I don't have a hacked wii, I'll leave it up to you to determine the exact frames, but I'm 99% sure there is an error there. Also you may want to include how much damage each fresh pikmin does in the Pikmin Toss (>B) section. Although its mentioned earlier when you describe the pikmin, if a person is looking just at that move then its tough to connect the two, especially since all the other move descriptions tell you how much each pikmin damages for.

Noa.

Smash Master
I have to say that's an interesting video. I think it was Hilt who did the testing. I always assumed it was correct.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Interesting, I didn't know mashing applied to latched pikmin. I'm going to have to check into it.

Good stuff though man :D

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Haha it at least answers questions and whatnot.

We'll just keep this information a bit quiet ;) nobody go spreadin this around :p

Top Bottom