• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Deflowered! A Comprehensive Guide of Infinite Knowledge!

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Videos can be used as guides.
Not a textual guide, but a guide nonetheless.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
If you just copy what they do without thinking about why they're doing it, yeah.
You can always build on a solid foundation, though.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Whoa these guys are good. Viewing the videos, it's give me a few basic ideas. First I really need to start using more pivot grabs. My big problem is that I use too much smash attacks, and then the stalle-move-negation comes and bury everything.

Thanks for the attention, when I have more questions I will aways come here. Also, I changed my main (Toon Link for Olimar).

Edit: what is "YOLO"?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
You only live once.

It's the motto of every cool person in America.

It means risk everything and be awesome, because you only have one life. Live life to the fullest.

:phone:

Dnyce

Smash Master
also, before I clicked on this thread I literally thought "idc how stupid BSL is, I'm going to agree with whatever he says just to see what happens"

fate loves me

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
What about Olimar when playing in 4 players? And I need to know the best way to put a sweetspotted down smash

Also, I have a question that's not for competitive things: The best alternative to avoid Zelda's Light Arrow?
I aways drop off the stage an use up B to be latched here until that stupid princess lauch it.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
By 4 players, do you mean free for all? We don't do that here. 1v1 and 2v2 is all we do.

We also don't use final smashes. Using ledge invincibility, or possibly whistling, is your best bet.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
By 4 players, do you mean free for all? We don't do that here. 1v1 and 2v2 is all we do.

We also don't use final smashes. Using ledge invincibility, or possibly whistling, is your best bet.

Altought we love to play in competitive alikes, sometimes my friends play for fun, and we use items and, yes, free-for-all.
One of them uses Zelda, and he aways manages to get the Smash Ball with Din's Fire. It's because zelda's light arrow trap opponents before shotting it, I never tried to use a whistle to survive this. Maybe it will work?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I don't really know how Zelda's final smash works. Try it, and let us know.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Not really. It's a chain of Pokemon, sure, but I don't think it's impenetrable.

Dnyce

Smash Master
Would have to test it out, but idgaf anymore. Easiest way would be trying to shoot one of falcos lasers through the upB. If the pikmin still has its ability to absorb damage during upB then yea

Youngster Joey

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5018-1679
how do i do olimars pluck cancel stuff? the guide says dash and stuff but idk how its actually done. is it actually just dash one way>pluck>dash again?

kelumhi

Smash Cadet
@jelly, i believe your talking about ledge plucking, which requires you to dash towards a ledge, then right before you run off, you pluck a pickmen, but the animation is canceled due to falling off.

http://youtu.be/u9PlT_WJ394?t=38s

At about 39 seconds in ledge plucking is performed in this video. Also, if you were wondering, the reason why he can throw a plucked pickman immediately is due to having his line empty.

tl;dr dash off the edge, pluck right before going off it, animation is canceled.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Using pluck to turn (Pluck Canceling) takes less time than it would take to flash shield to stop and turn.
I believe it takes around 8 frames to pluck and dash in the opposite direction, 15 frames to flash shield and dash in the opposite direction, and like... 20 frames to just turn around while running.
I believe the numbers for plucking and smashing while running as opposed to just letting go of the control stick and smashing are similar, but you can input the smash much earlier with plucking. I'll check later when I'm not too lazy to boot up smash.
This all excludes Usmash, of course, since you can just jump-cancel it.

Oh, and smashing after plucking a pikmin when you had no pikmin allows you to immediately use the pikmin you just plucked rather than having to wait for the spawn animation to finish. That's "Smash Pluck Canceling".

TL;DR - Yeah, dash -> pluck -> dash in the opposite direction. Plucking just makes (almost) everything faster.

EDIT: Huh. The change to Xenforo did a number on the guide.
Should probably update this sometime to account for the loss of collapse tags, tables, etc.

Top Bottom