• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Defense of the Ancients [DotA], A Warcraft III UMS

Sans Glutin

Smash Ace
Idk how I didn't find this before.

I've played for a long *** time. My name is "ogball" if anyone wants to add me

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
when i play sb i don't get y, s is pretty good for the move speed but you don't really need maim when you are bashing with a hyper stone.

i notice you are aus. you want to play a game later tonight?

missedwithtruestrike

Smash Journeyman
my sb experiences were all bad mostly :( im no good at him.
sniper though, i absolutely love playing sniper. now with teh 10 sec cool dowm on his ult...freakin sweet.
anyone got any brood advice? mines already good but i like to hear other ppl too.

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
brood advice hmmmm

usually take top or bot lane, top for scourge bot for sent.

Spawn spiderlings :

don't be afraid to take last hits with this, don't save it for heroes, when u have a good buch of spiderlings sent them jungling or sent them round the trees to attack the oposing hero from behind.

Mask of death NO

Do no get any lifesteal that isn't vlads. when making this item to not by mask it will screw up your slow. buy ring of bal, RoR the recipee then mask so it forms into the non orb lifesteal. ANY ORB WILL SCREW UP SLOW soz for caps but it has to be said, rush vlads and grab treads then bkb, don't grab butterfly before bkb, u really need bkb for the team battles. As a brood you will probably be team carry.

Skakdi is just ******** on brood we all know why.

make sure u almost always have your spiderlings creeping, you would be surpirsed on how well they can jungle.

missedwithtruestrike

Smash Journeyman
hmm, thats new to me, i almost always go mid with her. rush the vlads than grab treads and a yasha, never thought about a BkB. (avatar isnt clear to me anyway) after that i gor for a bfly.

on a bradwarden note: i once considered buy two bottles, one for cent and one for the chiken to hold on to so when he comes to give me stuff he can swap bottles too, i havent tried it yet but what do you guys think? i think it may be a bit poitless for 1200 gold but it could be usefull when i dont wanna leave the lane.
edit: didnt wanna double post so i put it here, im practicly computer illiterate, how do i host? it wont let me on bnet.

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
buying 2 bottle is meh, i think it is a waste of gold. When i play Alckey i usally buy i flying chicken and tangos, then buy a bottle when i have the cash and have the chicken bring it back and forth.
_

you need to sort out your port forwrding, hosting isn't getting on to b.net hosing is creating a game and having people join it. If you want to host you have to set up a static ip adress, if you are behind a router you need to forward the ports. tell me your router and i will give you a list of ports. (btw i am just assuming you have a router because that is one of the main resons that stops people getting on b.net)

missedwithtruestrike

Smash Journeyman
about hosting, i didnt mean i cant get on bnet i meant i cant host while im on bnet, as far as the router goes ill have to ask my friend i only play at his house. he can host from his comp. but he doesnt know to set up the other ones either.
and for alc. i never get a bottle, i never seem to need it.
EDIT: moew importantly, how can i go about playing more competitively, im pretty sick of pub games and cant seem to find a clan.

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
dota has a great competive sceen, there is probably a tourament near you. I am entering in a tourney at sydney uni in a few months, gotta train up. You don't need a clan just a few mates who play dota.

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
I'm seriously hating how there are like 5 heroes that will automatically make you win if you have half a brain in DotA. Troll, PA, Pugna, Stealth Assasin, etc. all really piss me off. I've taken to playing AR or SD because of this. <_<.

My favorite heroes: Huskar, Puck, Spectre, Naga Siren, Spirit Breaker.

missedwithtruestrike

Smash Journeyman
theres really no "i win" heros like that, imo. if your on a team that actually cares about the team (in other words not pubs) itll be a good match.
@gerudo....ill posr later about the router thing.

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
yes their is. Pugna..... lvl up dagon, and if you have antoher powerful spell on your tean its gg and all the heroes lordofthemorning said are ture, but you forgot the "new" lycan.

@true strike kk

missedwithtruestrike

Smash Journeyman
i really dont think that, unless your team is pants-on-head ********. there are bad mtachups, but to say that these heros win...practicly no questions asked is just dumb.

@ gerudo kk

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
you can't defend against lets say a pugna and an orgre, a multi cast when you get shifted out pretty much kills you and there and many more expamples of which you can't think of. pa gets like 1400 crit. (just with battlefury!!!!) Some heroes really need balancing.

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
nah sniper has a really bad gain in stats, it really balances his range, but with a lothers it is hard to get him. + he has one of the lowest ms in the game. its just really anoying seeing a sniper who knows what he is doing.

EDIT - i rememer way back when, when i first started playing. Round about the time that gunisoo transfered to Cloud_str.
Chaos Knight had a x11 crit at lvl 1 but only 1% chance. )l

missedwithtruestrike

Smash Journeyman
its just really anoying seeing a sniper who knows what he is doing.
l
ahh yes, a sniper who knows what hes doing...that would be me. (blatent self advertiseing comeing up)
actually im in the middle of writing a guide for dotastrategy.com. i feel i play a good sniper my build is....
-treads...lothar's...MoM...hyperstone...butterfly
problem is i cant decide on the 6th item, its usually a 2nd hyper but im not sure what to put in my guide.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Other than the Kotl buff (which I have yet to try/see yet) what changed?

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
well, they changed the base layout. it is much more open now. The taverns in the sides of the map. The taverns are were the -fun tavern is. There are gameflow improvments like buying items in base without without a courier.

Items

they changed lothers and few recipees. Lothers is now quarter staff and hammer. why did they have to change that? to confuse people. the new wand zomg. everytime someone casts a spell next to you get a charge which gives 12 manna and hp (just carried a wand late late game as bb). The main item are the phase boots.

Boots of speed
chainmail
blades
recipe

i think it gives 70 ms, some dmg are aromor and u can phase, which makes u ignore unit pathing for a certain period of time.

I don't like the new kotl, missing ignis. Korl nerf!

having a lan in 2 days and i was going to play KotL. Pretty much his model is the archmage model, charka doesn't give dmg anymore, manna leak leaks manna on a basis of how many units are arround the foe.

now his ult, for 30 sec u go back to his old model, when u illuminate u can move away and a ghost does it for you (from what i know the other team don't see its a ghost), u can blind eneimes for 3 seconds, they have 80 percent chace to miss and u can tp people to you. very handy if a team mate is absent during a push.

The new heroes are very op imo.

EDIT - but the base is really bad and i forgot to mention ravage aoe nerf.

EDIT2 - oo and the new load screen. Kimari about to take down void.

EDIT - 3 zomg. new agoes, has a 500 sec timer, when the timer goes out it returns to rosh it also annouces who has agies. Its likes leos reincarnate it doesn't send u back to base.

STILL NO LYCAN NERF WTH IS THIS!!!!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I tried those new boots in a game last night, the 'phasing' did squat all. What is it supposed to do, let you walk past mobs/trees?

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
70 Movement Speed
+7 Armor
+16 Damage
Phase (Active, 5 duration 10 cd):
Gives no collision with units
10% movement increase
Casting spells or items dispells phase

Boots of Speed (500)
Blades of Attack (500)
Chainmail (610)
Total: 1610

phase boots get rid of unit pathing. So you can go through trees and units. (you can still be stunned and attacked* I am still a fan of the almighty treads.

Well, it will take a few weeks to get over the new hero spam. Does anyone feel that icyforg just got the crop tool and randomly cut out trees?

missedwithtruestrike

Smash Journeyman
****....i havent gotten to try the finished version yet, only betas.....ill try .55 friday though, i am sooo playing coco till im bored or everyone else hates him :)
would it get closed if i started a dota clan recruitment thread in here?

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
the fact that most of us live in differnt countries would make it hard lol. yeah i am australian so we would get epic dealy if we played. Item adive on bb? I have been getting vanguard, sange, heart and satanic. Is there a better build i should know about?

EDIT - tossing in a wand for good measure

missedwithtruestrike

Smash Journeyman
man...im sorry its late so im prob. gonaa feel dumb in a few hours but...whos bb? i dont recognise it.
@mic: what server you on, maybe we'll play sometime?

missedwithtruestrike

Smash Journeyman
I have been getting vanguard, sange, heart and satanic. Is there a better build i should know about?

EDIT - tossing in a wand for good measure
personally id say...drop satanic, grab a deso and vlads, get some treads on him, keep the vangaurd, heart is a good choice anytime. im not a big fan of deso though and im always cravein lifesteal so id grab a MoM over both satanic and deso.
also the 6th item should depend on your enemies, another heart for tanks, BKB for nukers or for killing power go for a buriza (hurts alot with the goo thing goin on too)
hope i helped

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Sooo....is east coast better than west coast like people on bnet sometimes say?

missedwithtruestrike

Smash Journeyman
idk, when i go on west coast, its kinda boreing, not too much goin on. east coast usually has a buch of dota hapening, just pick a mode, youll find a game w/in minutes.

Top Bottom