• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dedede Cannot Throw Items With "items Off".

Status
Not open for further replies.

CO18

Smash Hero
King Dedede is the best character in the game

Sorry about this... but there are way too many people making new threads or still believeing this and its kind of getting annoying.

If you go to your settings and click on "All Items Off" he will not throw ANY items.

For the people throwing items, you have the item appearence set to "None", in this case items will not appear normally on the stage however Dedede can throw them.

Please no more topics about this.

Well that was it...

Good Luck with your Dededeing! :)

& King DeDeDe is the Best Character in the Game

Hello everyone.

I'm here to tell you that everyone's favorite new comer, King Dedede, is pretty much already the best character in the game. If he's not your favorite character, that's okay, it just means that you're wrong.

First, we'll start with the obvious.

Look at him. Just look at him. King Dedede is a giant penguin that wears a king's robe, wields a massive hammer, and as far as I can tell, wears yellow boxing gloves. If you can't tell how awesome this is, there is something wrong with you.

So, now we know what King Dedede is, but who is King Dedede? Let's find out!

Taken from from the Dojo...

"The self-proclaimed king of Dream Land formally joins the brawl! Mechanizing his wooden mallet, he delivers a mighty, earth-shaking blow!"

Everything about this is beautiful. Let's break it down.

He's a self-proclaimed king. How freaking cool is that? Sure, there have been many kings, but they're usually only kings through family. Some other kings fought great wars to earn their title. But no, not King Dedede. He basically said "Screw it, I don't have to do any of that. If I want to be King, I'll be King." This kind of attitude is just cool beyond comprehension.

He formally joins the brawl. You see that? He formally joins the brawl. Even during something as chaotic as a brawl, he still remains a gentleman. What a guy.

Mechanizing his wooden mallet, he delivers a mighty, earth-shaking blow. Okay, what's not to like? First off, how many other penguins do you know that have mechanized their wooden mallets? None I'm sure. Plus, with this mallet, he can deliver an earth-shaking blow. Earth-shaking? EARTH-SHAKING? Jesus Christ. I've seen some characters shake the ground, and I've seen the screen shake a few times, but now all of us will know when someone is playing as King Dedede because the entire ****ing planet will shake beneath us. God help us all.

Now, I know if you hadn't before, you now recognize King Dedede as the best character in the game. But just to drive the point home even further, let's just look at his majesty in action.

Check this out. Not only does he look as cool as always, but now there's a giant freaking cannon pointed right at him. But does he care? No. Of course not. He's King Dedede. While someone is helplessly planning a way to take down this mighty beast, he's simply thinking of what he wants to have for brunch. Cool. Calm. Collected.

Let me ask you something. Do you consider yourself to be cool? We'll there's a simple test to find out if you're cool or not. Ask yourself, "Do I wield a mallet that's almost as big as I am?" If you answered no to this question, sorry, but you have some work to do. King Dedede on the other hand, is the real goods.

When King Dedede isn't shaking the entire planet, he likes to be a trend setter! Kirby certainly knows what's up in the world of fashion. Just look how jealous Meta-Knight is! Don't worry Meta-Knight, your mask is kind of alright, I guess.

I'm not even going to go any further with this. This is the best picture ever. Period.

I'm sorry but this is just the coolest pose in the world. Seriously, just look at that! Go find a mirror and try doing it yourself just to see how cool it is. If you're not glowing when you do it, you're not doing it right.

Look at that monster. It's huge! Mario and Samus keep their distance. Captain Olimar tries to make an escape. And King Dedede? He's just chillin'. Monster? Pfft. Big deal. King Dedede just smiles for the camera.

I almost cry every time I see this. Not only is King Dedede a complete pimp, he's also a good person deep down. Watch as he jumps, possibly sacrificing himself, to save the Pikmin from certain doom. Normally, in this game, you want your opponent to lose. But no. Not King Dedede. He's always thinking of the little guys. So inspiring.

King Dedede truly is on top of the world. Not only does he have is own personally sized boxing ring, it's being carried by his loyal servants! How come we never see Bowser or Ganondorf carried by their servants? Hmmm? That's because their servants aren't truly loyal to them the way King Dedede's are to him. That's dedication.

So as you can see, King Dedede truly is the greatest character in this game, possibly of all time. The roster was complete when he was put in. Other characters, such as Mario and Link, are simply bonus.

iMichael

Smash Lord
lol this thread is pretty funny and King Dedede seems like an amazing character....stronger than Ike.

LotusMyuushin

Smash Apprentice
Triple D sounds horrible, his name is ''King Dedede' or ''God Dedede''

This thread deserves Dedede's approval, well done.

Agent 1337

Smash Apprentice
Considering that I haven't set my main yet I might be using Tri-D sometime in the future. He is pretty awesome, you know, but I don't want my game to overload from awesomeness, causing my Wii to explode into a million melted plastic pieces. That'd suck, and I'd have to buy a new Wii. I really don't want to do that.

Iboid

Smash Apprentice
I agree. Dedede from recent demo videos, looks like the best starter:

His Down Grab is good and easy to repeat over and over
His Waddle Dee Throw does 5 damage per Waddle Dee. Imagine how much it does for Gordo! And, it's spammable!
His Side A... need I say more?

Jacobcc

Smash Journeyman
Lol, I agree King Dedede does look fun to play with. But no where near as fun as Meta Knight! ;)
-------------------------------------------------
Btw, how do you pronounce Dedede?

Professor X

Smash Apprentice
This very well may be true. Ikki is unbelievable in those new videos.

Dedede has incredible vertical movement. And disjointed hitboxes. And Suicidedede, supposedly.

And btw, in the Bowser (Koopa) vs. Dedede video, at the very end you can hear the announcer confirm "Day Day Day."

Yep, he's moving up my personal list.

fouxs2

Smash Cadet
This thread captures the true Dedede's awesomeness, I applaud you TC, you have done my beloved Dedede justice.

ALB247

Smash Apprentice
I showered in the stall next to this topic creator. Jealous? I know you are. I'm just sad that I have to play against his KD3. He's going to make me commit suicidedede.

Archenyte

Smash Journeyman
Lol, I agree King Dedede does look fun to play with. But no where near as fun as Meta Knight! ;)
Btw, how do you pronounce Dedede?

In Japan you pronounce it as DayDayDay and in English you pronounce it as DeeDeeDee. I think there was already a thread on the pronounciation of his name.

This thread makes me want to have DeDeDe as one of my mains. I am definitely going to use DeDeDe anyways because he has a hammer, just lke Kirby =).

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
This thread is made of win. But it's uneccesary. We all know he's the greatest character ever. It goes without saying.

Wrath`

Smash Master
DeDeDe..........the new fox?

Even tho i wont main him, this is a preety amazing thread and he is **** good in the vids I have seen

Formula1

Smash Apprentice
I heard ddd likes to eat waddle doos for breakfast....

It just what I heard

Tank McCannon

Smash Journeyman
Lies...!
Lies I say!
I can understand why you are upset. This much awesome is never easy to take in all at once, so denial is common. However, I want you to know that King Dedede, myself, and everyone else here is willing to help you get through this, because that's just the kind of people we are.

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
You win, Tank.

Slightly related note, have you seen the good king's costume. Pink Dedede is a ****ing pimp, White Dedede is automatic top tier.

Quinntendo

Smash Rookie
I was watching several videos of King DeDeDe in action on youtube. I loved the character in the Kirby series, but after watching the videos I feel like he's gonna be a real cheap-***. Nobody ever lost as him really, and whoever played as him would do some weird grab, down throw, repeat until they push the opponent off the edge. How lame is that? If I end up online and people do that, I'm not going to be happy. So basically, I'll love the character, so long as he isn't abused like that.

Rakushun

Smash Cadet
Ddede might be the top tier heavy character, but overall I predict mid tier at BEST.

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
by the looks of things.... dedede is likely top tier matearial.... at least in the heavy weight department.
I'm thinking top tier period. Dude can chain throw, 2/3 of his projectiles are sentient, and he's a freaking sumo penguin. This game is definetly supporting the heavies this round.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Man you just freakin made me wanna play as Dedede!

That's it. He's the 2nd character I'll be playing after Wario.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
I was watching several videos of King DeDeDe in action on youtube. I loved the character in the Kirby series, but after watching the videos I feel like he's gonna be a real cheap-***. Nobody ever lost as him really, and whoever played as him would do some weird grab, down throw, repeat until they push the opponent off the edge. How lame is that? If I end up online and people do that, I'm not going to be happy. So basically, I'll love the character, so long as he isn't abused like that.
He was Penguin Stomping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom