• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Decisive Games Mafia: THE NINTENZONE SOCIAL INVASION! Day 4 ends at 3:00 PM EST 6/12/18

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Do you guys not have millers or godfathers to prevent people from just steamrolling suspicious claims? Do you guys not have scum fake claims or something? Where is the element of mystery without some element of figuring of the truth by piecing together fished information?

I get the idea of not wanting to have all the town be heroes and all the mafia be villains, but gosh you gotta start somewhere, man.
Drawing connections and forcing interaction is what will generate us pertinent information for later on once we have flips, and will also help dictate night actions going into the future.

Day 1 is always a mess in this regard but it's more or less a necessary evil for standard mafia.

Think of it as like 13 people are locked into a room, 3 of which are evil bad guys. We have to connect those 3 bad gu

Though nights only last half a day?
Holy ****.
Well, the only thing we can do during the night is either twiddle our thumbs if we are a VT, or submit an action as a power role. Since Town normally can't discuss things during the night, a fast night phase seems good for us since the Mafia have less time to deliberate, right?

Just curious, do you have any suspicions regarding our roster of players thus far? Who do you think are the mafia?

Pretty sure if you're not gonna start discussion about what your character is or even a hint, you're gonna get targeted until you cough it up. So time to add the pressure on you

Hey, mafia is worth a risk playing right? Wait until someone starts the flavor shuffles towards the end of the 36 hours
I am also suspicious of this. What do you intend to gain from having his character's flavor claim?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I am also suspicious of this. What do you intend to gain from having his character's flavor claim?
Because a claim can forge a good idea of a role and possibly an alignment.

The problem here though is that the theme doesn't allow that for anyone who isn't a DGames veteran, and I don't know think Crusher is one, so having such a claim really doesn't help him at all.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Oh noooo, I submitted my post too soon. And I can't edit it. Poop.

Drawing connections and forcing interaction is what will generate us pertinent information for later on once we have flips, and will also help dictate night actions going into the future.

Day 1 is always a mess in this regard but it's more or less a necessary evil for standard mafia.

Think of it as like 13 people are locked into a room, 3 of which are evil bad guys. We have to connect those 3 bad gu
What I was TRYING to say before I submitted my post too soon is that we have to connect those 3 bad guys through their interactions with the rest of the town and with each other as opposed to getting a mass claim and hoping things will work out. The obvious risk with a mass claim is that if it doesn't win us the game right from the getgo, then Mafia can just hunt down our power roles.

D

Deleted member

Just curious, do you have any suspicions regarding our roster of players thus far? Who do you think are the mafia?
Holder of the Heel, The Stoopid Unikorn, and CrusherMania1592.

Because reasons. :V

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
So now that I figured out where my roommate stashed my bowl, spoon and Raisin Bran (I think he's just jealous because he's lactose intolerant) and my hunger has been sated:

Pokechu Pokechu why did you claim? I've seen everyone's reactions and the start of the wagon, but haven't actually heard you explain why you said you were Eor. I'm having trouble figuring out your goal behind the claim from either a town!Chu or a scum!Chu perspective.

Also, Crusher seems kinda suspicious. He's posted three times, two of them have been joining either of the popular wagons at the moment (based off of gut and gut + OMGUS?) and the third one is trying to explain why Maven should give up information that isn't pertinent.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Because a claim can forge a good idea of a role and possibly an alignment.

The problem here though is that the theme doesn't allow that for anyone who isn't a DGames veteran, and I don't know think Crusher is one, so having such a claim really doesn't help him at all.
I was more so curious as to whether or not they had a better way of using this information than was already illustrated. You're right that claiming a DGames veteran would likely be futile since the Mafia probably have safe claims. That's why it's kinda peculiar and want to hear from them what they stand to gain. The forceful approach doesn't seem very friendly to me either.

D

Deleted member

Come to think of it, Pokechu was part of that too.

Maybe I should change my vote to him. :p

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Pokechu Pokechu why did you claim? I've seen everyone's reactions and the start of the wagon, but haven't actually heard you explain why you said you were Eor. I'm having trouble figuring out your goal behind the claim from either a town!Chu or a scum!Chu perspective.
Just to claim something and to strike up conversation since it was kinda dead at the time.

Also to see if Opossum would add anything about himself because he said "by the way, I'm a townie" but I wanted a little more than that as of course everyone would say they're a townie :laugh:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Come to think of it, Pokechu was part of that too.

Maybe I should change my vote to him. :p
Hey, in my defense, I did take initiative and try and clean up Stoopid's mess. :V

and I took initiative and apologized after I realized how much of a bully we had been. i still feel bad im sorry :^(

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I didn't realize we had already started.

Did Poke ever claim a role? In fact, does everyone even have a role this game?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
##Unvote

Pokechu's situation seems a bit too bizarre for a scum role, and their meta seems to align with the general Nintenzone consensus, so I'm hoping the slot will be cleared up as the game progresses. A flip would be telling but there might be better options moving forward.

CrusherMania1592 CrusherMania1592 respond to me when you can. I saw you in the thread but you sort of just, well, uh, disappeared. #feelingignored :(

D

Deleted member

What do you think about the push on Poke and me the push on me?
I personally don't care much for Day 1 pushes unless there's strong evidence to make them.
As such, I take little stock in them, not play a part in the lynch, and just let the flip do the talking.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Also, since these are short day phases, we should start considering who is in our lynch pool.

In my opinion (at the current moment), we should consider lynching:

Crushermania
Opossum
(maybe) Pokechu

As well as considering any inactives. Inactives with no clear paper trail will hurt our chances of success, so hopefully they can come out of the woodwork and give their opinion on what our next move should be.

However I would be interested in hearing if people feel there are better lynch candidates outside of the three I mentioned (except for me of course :troll:).

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Also, I don't think Opo is any different than usual. He always plays a bit aggro.

Not saying it means he's not scum, just that it's not out of the ordinary.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
In our games people get suspicious if you ask for claims without claiming first.

In your games people get suspicious if you claim first before asking for claims.

It's just a culture thing. Unfortunately for Pokechu, our culture also involves lynching Pokechu on day one.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I support lynching the quiet ones, but since nobody has tagged them yet, they may not even know the game is running right now, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Yellowlord Yellowlord
Coricus Coricus

Come down out of that tree and join the party.

Maven89

Smash Master
In our games people get suspicious if you ask for claims without claiming first.

In your games people get suspicious if you claim first before asking for claims.

It's just a culture thing. Unfortunately for Pokechu, our culture also involves lynching Pokechu on day one.
We are more suspicious of attempts to get other people to claim in general, especially on a mass scale. Attempting to get one suspicious person to claim is fine. This is more relating to roles.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
We are more suspicious of attempts to get other people to claim in general, especially on a mass scale. Attempting to get one suspicious person to claim is fine. This is more relating to roles.
YOU ARE GOING TO HATE HOLDER!

SO

DAMN

MUCH

HAA!

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Just to claim something and to strike up conversation since it was kinda dead at the time.

Also to see if Opossum would add anything about himself because he said "by the way, I'm a townie" but I wanted a little more than that as of course everyone would say they're a townie :laugh:
Fair enough. After thinking about it for a while and coming to the conclusion that it's anti-town but not necessarily scummy (unless it's your best bet for a safe claim) to claim this, I think this is the best move at the moment:

##Vote CrusherMania1592 CrusherMania1592

At least until he comes in and explains himself and his rather strange posting behavior (addressed here) and answer Bard/Maven's concern about what benefit you'd get from the character claims.

Also, keep in mind that unless there's a Vig in the game or any weird scum shenanigans, we have a free NL due to the fact that there's an even number of players. I don't think we should use it D1 because it'd just essentially give us more time to talk about the least amount of information we'll ever have in the game, but it's something to remember.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
#HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf Does the above vote count? It used to be more clear before the character portraits were put in place of the @ sign.

Top Bottom