• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Decisive Games Mafia: THE NINTENZONE SOCIAL INVASION! Day 4 ends at 3:00 PM EST 6/12/18

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Votecount (Voted | Voting):

Maven89 (2): Holder Of The Heel, The Stoopid Unikorn
Not voting (14): The rest

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Got confirmation in my role PM, Holder is right, Maven is playing us for fools

##Vote: Maven

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
For now I'll go with my gut instinct and vote for Pokechu due to being the example role.

##Vote: Pokechu

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Ok, Pokechu Pokechu spill it out, you're not actually Eor, are you? If you're a 3rd Party say so already before it gets ugly.
There's no third parties. That's what "Bastardy: None" means.

Role fishing is when a player is trying to get other players to give hints/details of what their roles in the game are, normally to sniff out power roles
Well, how exactly are you supposed to play this game then? Our games are like 90% fishing.

D

Deleted member

There's no third parties. That's what "Bastardy: None" means.
You guys really can't tell when you see clear bait, uh? This is why the Mafia tried to kill me on Night 1 with a ****ing Strongman last game.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
You guys really can't tell when you see clear bait, uh? This is why the Mafia tried to kill me on Night 1 with a ****ing Strongman last game.
Because you don't read the rules?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
AWWW SNAP! The game started! Greetings everyone. :b:

I'm on team #opossum by the way, that is definitely not a ferret.

Also, yes, we should try to refrain from flavor claiming or role claiming. Given that this is a closed set up and we are not familiar with the powers that be, it is still possible that the scum faction have an ability related to knowing a player's role claim. For example, mafia could have been given privy information that the player who has the flavor claim "Ryker" is in fact a power role. If the player that is Ryker claims early on, then, they effectively have put a huge target on their back and will likely be of little use to the Town in terms of night actions. That is why we avoid flavor claiming until it is absolutely necessary for progression.

Ok, Pokechu Pokechu spill it out, you're not actually Eor, are you? If you're a 3rd Party say so already before it gets ugly.
I do think it is very odd that a player has claimed the sample role PM. Technically it does not state in the rules that the flavor of the sample PM can't be used as a real player's role, but it is generally considered bastardry to do so as it is generally implied that the sample role pm or flavor is not related to any other role in the game.

Well, how exactly are you supposed to play this game then? Our games are like 90% fishing.
Mafia at its very core requires us to analyze social interactions to determine how everyone else interpersonally relates. We can then draw conclusions about how they align with other players. For example, if I vote for a player, and someone else defends the player I voted for as a result, it's possible that the defending player has a motive for doing this that is anti-town in nature.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
this is offtopic but this game is dead so might as well lol

but im considering buying premium and changing my user to Tingled (just like how my pickup lines make yall tingle ;) )

what do y'all think? Pokechu was never original anyways it was literally just Pokemon Pikachu :laugh:

or maybe I should just change it to something stupid, someone should dare me :joyful:

Maven89

Smash Master
this is offtopic but this game is dead so might as well lol

but im considering buying premium and changing my user to Tingled (just like how my pickup lines make yall tingle ;) )

what do y'all think? Pokechu was never original anyways it was literally just Pokemon Pikachu:laugh:

or maybe I should just change it to something stupid, someone should dare me :joyful:
Do you think role fishing is suspicious behavior?

D

Deleted member

Because you don't read the rules?
Bait, you know what baiting is, vaan? I did read the rules, I was trying to see if he would bite the most obvious bait of them all but I clearly underestimated Pokechu

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Do you think role fishing is suspicious behavior?
no, not really

if you straight up ask "WHO'S THE DOCTOR" or "YOU THE COP?" then yeah that's pretty dumb, that's suspicious.

but in our games sharing our character was pretty usual as it allowed others to make inferences, it started conversation during the day while not confirming anyone's role, it encouraged conversation during the night, etc.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I can't really decide who to vote for...hummmmm. I feel like RVS is mostly over even before I could get my foot in the door. :urg:

Opossum is being fairly anti-town...Pokechu's flavor claim is clearly suspicious.

Considering the no bastardry rule in the OP written by #HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf , I have to think that this is either some strange gamble or perhaps a big mistake as scum from Pokechu.

Maven89

Smash Master
no, not really

if you straight up ask "WHO'S THE DOCTOR" or "YOU THE COP?" then yeah that's pretty dumb, that's suspicious.

but in our games sharing our character was pretty usual as it allowed others to make inferences, it started conversation during the day while not confirming anyone's role, it encouraged conversation during the night, etc.
I'm curious why you'd immediately backed down when I voted for you if you think that?

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Bait, you know what baiting is, vaan? I did read the rules, I was trying to see if he would bite the most obvious bait of them all but I clearly underestimated Pokechu
Then was voting incorrectly bait, too? :129:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I'm curious why you'd immediately backed down when I voted for you if you think that?
Because this isn't our turf anymore. I didn't/don't see a point to throw up my arms, scream, and fight about it when this isn't exclusively Nintenzone anymore. With a new place comes new rules/adjustments so I didn't see a need to push it any further.

D

Deleted member

Do you still believe I'm suspicious?
Yeah, otherwise my vote wouldn't be on you.
If you turn up Town, we can go after Pokechu and it gives me an excuse to lynch Holder.
Then was voting incorrectly bait, too? :129:
I just saw everyone just bolding their votes and assumed it was fine. But no, it wasn't part of my terrible bait.

Maven89

Smash Master
Yeah, otherwise my vote wouldn't be on you.
If you turn up Town, we can go after Pokechu and it gives me an excuse to lynch Holder.

I just saw everyone just bolding their votes and assumed it was fine. But no, it wasn't part of my terrible bait.
So you really think I was attempting to trick people into voting incorrectly as some sort of master mafia plan?

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
So you really think I was attempting to trick people into voting incorrectly as some sort of master mafia plan?
well you have your vote on me so I could ask a variation of the same question

So you really think I was attempting to sniff out power roles, despite not even knowing how the roles and abilities could correlate as I'm from the Nintenzone group so all of these names are just going to be random words and letters to me?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
idk why the host would do that, maybe they forgot they used that specific one as an example?
If this is a weird RVS gamble, you should retract soon. If you are legitimately Town, I would suggest sending a PM to the mods about this. From a modding perspective, I would never do this because, historically, it is almost always implied that characters in sample PMs are never used.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
If this is a weird RVS gamble, you should retract soon. If you are legitimately Town, I would suggest sending a PM to the mods about this. From a modding perspective, I would never do this because, historically, it is almost always implied that characters in sample PMs are never used.
yeah I asked them about it, I sent it 13 minutes ago. I don't think they've been on though so they haven't seen it

Maven89

Smash Master
well you have your vote on me so I could ask a variation of the same question

So you really think I was attempting to sniff out power roles, despite not even knowing how the roles and abilities could correlate as I'm from the Nintenzone group so all of these names are just going to be random words and letters to me?
I did at first. Since it's normal where you're from, I think it's null. However, I'm more suspicious that you simply backed down on it, then followed that up with a post that had nothing to do with the game, as well as claiming to be Eor from the sample role PM.

I find you the most suspicious and I'm comfortable keeping my vote on you, however, the way that people have jumped on your bandwagon makes me uneasy. As it stands, I'm going to keep voting you, but will take my vote off if it seems like you are going to be lynched, baring any new information.

Maven89

Smash Master
We've had stupider Mafia plans that worked before.
Examples?

Also, wouldn't the fact that we've never voted that way before on this site change your opinion? Or the fact that people would obviously see that their votes weren't being counted make them realize something was up? You also said if I'm town you'd look at Pokechu, but wouldn't the idea that I'm tricking people into fake votes towards Pokechu only make sense if I was scum and Pokechu was scum?

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I did at first. Since it's normal where you're from, I think it's null. However, I'm more suspicious that you simply backed down on it, then followed that up with a post that had nothing to do with the game, as well as claiming to be Eor from the sample role PM.
Huh, that makes sense. Understandable.

Though honestly if you read any of our games you won't be surprised why I just followed up with a post that had nothing to do with the game, there was one of our games where I started saying pickup lines and everyone got in on it :laugh: that lasted a few pages too, that was hilarious. But I'm digressing again :laugh:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Curious to hear more from others that haven't spoken up too much regarding our core suspects Pokechu and Opossum. I haven't played with either of these players before or seen their playstyles, so getting a few more second opinions would help. Are they town, or are they scum?

D

Deleted member

Examples?
FEH Mafia: our lovely Swampasaur managed to survive two whole Days after getting a Cop guilty result because he claimed a Role that was supposed to work with another Townie role that flipped on Night 1. The Role PM in question was forged using on of his abilities.
Now, to be fair, this was, to most of us, our second game, but still, it was a guilty result.

Animafia: I outed myself during late game as Mafia, game was at 2:3:1, outing myself managed to take out a jailkeeping from my partner, Zeb, which allowed him to recruit one of the Townies to our side the Night after, keeping the game at 2:2:1 after my lynch. Then, Town(alongisde 3rd Party) went and lynched the Jailkeeper believing he was the one who had his alignment changed(he was not), winning the game for Mafia.

Villains Mafia: everything.
Also, wouldn't the fact that we've never voted that way before on this site change your opinion? Or the fact that people would obviously see that their votes weren't being counted make them realize something was up? You also said if I'm town you'd look at Pokechu, but wouldn't the idea that I'm tricking people into fake votes towards Pokechu only make sense if I was scum and Pokechu was scum?
Hold on then, I'm gonna check past threads for reference.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Pokechu has a history of getting suspicious town roles that get him killed on day one, lol.

Maven89

Smash Master
FEH Mafia: our lovely Swampasaur managed to survive two whole Days after getting a Cop guilty result because he claimed a Role that was supposed to work with another Townie role that flipped on Night 1. The Role PM in question was forged using on of his abilities.
Now, to be fair, this was, to most of us, our second game, but still, it was a guilty result.

Animafia: I outed myself during late game as Mafia, game was at 2:3:1, outing myself managed to take out a jailkeeping from my partner, Zeb, which allowed him to recruit one of the Townies to our side the Night after, keeping the game at 2:2:1 after my lynch. Then, Town(alongisde 3rd Party) went and lynched the Jailkeeper believing he was the one who had his alignment changed(he was not), winning the game for Mafia.
Neither of those seem stupid, they just seem like risky gambles that played off

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I'm awful at reading players even amongst our group, but Pokechu's the obnoxious flirt regardless of what side he's on and Opo's usually the type to insist on tackling down a scum suspect when he's town with. . .varying results.

D

Deleted member

Neither of those seem stupid, they just seem like risky gambles that played off
I mean, Animafia was very stupid and the rest were more of Town stupidity but regardless, I checked some older games(including one hosted by you) and yeah, this voting format wasn't used before

##Unvote: Maven

No idea why this was changed but I guess we're back to square one

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I'm some dude named WashedLaundry

Gonna go with my gut for now but

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm awful at reading players even amongst our group, but Pokechu's the obnoxious flirt regardless of what side he's on and Opo's usually the type to insist on tackling down a scum suspect when he's town with. . .varying results.
I think you mean WONDERFUL results...

Some of the time.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325

lol i'll see y'all in the graveyard

Top Bottom