• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Decisive Games Mafia: THE NINTENZONE SOCIAL INVASION! Day 4 ends at 3:00 PM EST 6/12/18

D

Deleted member

Oh ****, the game's already started? Usually we get tagged when a phase begins and ends.

-looks at player list-

##Vote: Holder of the Heel

Obligatory first move.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Not even gonna defend yourself?

Come on, give us something.
uhh i already said my character is eor so my role pm has already been posted, it was the sample role pm :laugh:

Maven is right about how in previous games they didn't have to use the ## format so it's not likely that he had a mastermind mafia plan to invalidate all of our votes.

No one else has really done anything so what would I defend myself with?

D

Deleted member

uhh i already said my character is eor so my role pm has already been posted, it was the sample role pm :laugh:

Maven is right about how in previous games they didn't have to use the ## format so it's not likely that he had a mastermind mafia plan to invalidate all of our votes.

No one else has really done anything so what would I defend myself with?
Didn't you ask for clarification as to why is your role supposedly the same as the sample role PM?

D

Deleted member

So let me get this straight.
Day phases last up to three straight irl days, but can be cut short by a majority vote?

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Votecount (Voted | Voting):

Maven89 (2): Holder Of The Heel, The Stoopid Unikorn
Pokechu (5): Maven89, Opossum, BarDulL, Shinshoe, CrusherMania1592
Holder of the Heel (1): GoldenYuiitusin
Not voting (8): The rest

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Votecount (Voted | Voting):
Pokechu (5): Maven89, Pokechu, BarDulL, Shinshoe, CrusherMania1592
ayyy I don't recall voting for myself

Granted I was about to for the lolz but I haven't yet :^(

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
daaaang so if i vote myself then it'd be SIX omg lol

i'm not even mad this is genuinely funny and idk why :joyful:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Pokechu needs the Gus clause. I am starting to feel bad for the guy.

Come on guys. I am willing to bet he is clean. Why claim to have a sample PM if its not actually his PM?

It would be suicide. Unless I missed some other reason that we are voting for him.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Oh, just realized that we're playing lol. I thought we'd just play in the other thread, but this works better for reading through the game. Anyways, let's get this thing started!
Then what would you want me to say if I had a vanilla townie role? :p
The point is that claiming VT this early in the game is poor form because it leads scum to NK other people (unless you were using it as a diversion to disguise your hypothetical PR, which wasn't being threatened to begin with).
Sorry for involuntary role fishing, but I and other Nintenzoners aren't fully privy to how you guys play here. I didn't think asking for character claims would be kinda forbidden here :laugh:
It's not looked upon favorably because it can give us hints on who the good and bad guys are (especially with flavor that we're familiar with). Furthermore, telling us that you're eor means that you just claimed a VT, which means that if you're telling the truth, you just put the town PRs in greater danger...
You're gonna find every one of us suspicious then lol
Not that I don't like this approach but we are too trigger-happy regarding claiming
Noted, but we tend to jump on pretty much everything to provoke activity and make D1 more interesting
They haven't gotten back to me yet.
Now we've had a mod post in thread, did Gorf respond to your question?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
So you really think I was attempting to sniff out power roles, despite not even knowing how the roles and abilities could correlate as I'm from the Nintenzone group so all of these names are just going to be random words and letters to me?
I don’t think this kind of logic helps you here, Chu

I mean, given the theme, it’s definitely not gonna be surprising to see at least one of the DGames veterans be a scum. After all, would be a good way for mafia to have fake claims and get some info based on claims.

D

Deleted member

So let me get this straight.
Day phases last up to three straight irl days, but can be cut short by a majority vote?
It's just 36 hours
Pokechu needs the Gus clause. I am starting to feel bad for the guy.

Come on guys. I am willing to bet he is clean. Why claim to have a sample PM if its not actually his PM?

It would be suicide. Unless I missed some other reason that we are voting for him.
Everytime we put off a lynch for personal reasons, it goes terribly
Noted, but we tend to jump on pretty much everything to provoke activity and make D1 more interesting
So far, I'm liking how this is going and I feel like Pokechu flipping will give us some answers
Now we've had a mod post in thread, did Gorf respond to your question
Tbh, it's possible he's faking this supposed question to buy him time. I've done the "pretend to ask a question to someone in private" thing before as Mafia.
(Oh yeah, FoS: Pokechu)
What is FoS?

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Now we've had a mod post in thread, did Gorf respond to your question?
He has, actually. I've been holding back from saying it because I wasn't sure if there was a policy here where it wouldn't be allowed to say it, but I'm looking at the rules and there doesn't seem to be one.

He responded that as far as he can tell, there were no mod errors made.

Maven89

Smash Master
FoS stands for finger of suspicion, it basically just means you’re suspicious of someone but not willing to vote for them

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Having the actual sample PM be one of the roles would qualify as bastardry, since it would mean the host is outright revealing one of the votes, and I doubt the host would break their promise of no bastardry.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Everytime we put off a lynch for personal reasons, it goes terribly
With that said, I don't think we should lynch IRL tonight; time Town's friend (because it gives more opportunities for slips), but at the same time I agree that Pokechu looks sketch right now.
Tbh, it's possible he's faking this supposed question to buy him time. I've done the "pretend to ask a question to someone in private" thing before as Mafia.
That's true, but I feel like having him buy himself time would be more beneficial to town because he'd leave more of a paper trail.
What is FoS?
Finger of Suspicion. It's basically saying "Hey, this dude looks sketch," but not actually voting because I don't want the wagon to get to the point where it goes over the threshold of killing him before close to deadline.
He responded that as far as he can tell, there were no mod errors made.
Kk. I've never actually been in a Gorf/Marshy hosted game; can another DGamer tell me if this is expected behavior from them?

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
you know im not gonna lie it'd be pretty impressive if i managed to get myself killed today

i mean, for us nintenzoners, has there been anyone else who got lynched day one consecutively, like in a row? since most of the time we do no lynch day one, getting lynched twice in a row is actually pretty impressive :laugh:

D

Deleted member

With that said, I don't think we should lynch IRL tonight; time Town's friend (because it gives more opportunities for slips), but at the same time I agree that Pokechu looks sketch right now.

That's true, but I feel like having him buy himself time would be more beneficial to town because he'd leave more of a paper trail.

Finger of Suspicion. It's basically saying "Hey, this dude looks sketch," but not actually voting because I don't want the wagon to get to the point where it goes over the threshold of killing him before close to deadline.

Kk. I've never actually been in a Gorf/Marshy hosted game; can another DGamer tell me if this is expected behavior from them?
But Day phase only ends on Friday, we have plenty of time to discuss things for now, Day won't end early

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
you know im not gonna lie it'd be pretty impressive if i managed to get myself killed today

i mean, for us nintenzoners, has there been anyone else who got lynched day one consecutively, like in a row? since most of the time we do no lynch day one, getting lynched twice in a row is actually pretty impressive :laugh:
I got killed on day 2 twice in a row. Not to mention the only other game where I died before the end, I died on night 2.

Is that close enough?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Is this not the point of mafia?
I mean yeah, but I just worded that poorly. Character claims can give hints as to what particular people's powers could be based upon who they represent, which would not be advisable because it's basically roll fishing.
But Day phase only ends on Friday, we have plenty of time to discuss things for now, Day won't end early
Whenever I've played, the night phase begins whenever the mod announces someone is killed.

Maven89

Smash Master
Whenever I've played, the night phase begins whenever the mod announces someone is killed.
Just to clarify for everyone that this is normally how we do it, but the rule post states that day 1 is going on until the deadline no matter the votes, following days will end on s majority vote

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Just to clarify for everyone that this is normally how we do it, but the rule post states that day 1 is going on until the deadline no matter the votes, following days will end on s majority vote
Oh, I should've probably read the rules lol. Thanks, Maven!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Swampasaur im interested in your reasoning for why we shouldn’t lynch pokechu, what’s the gus clause?
Gus clause comes from the Smash 4 backroom mafia games. Basically one player named Gus kept getting voted for on the first day numerous times. He never got to play and he hated it. So, we made a small rule that if someone died the first day last game, we could not vote for them on the first day in the current game. The suggestion was a bit tongue and cheek but for my reasoning...

Someone answer this question for me.

Why would Pokechu claim he was the sample role... if he was not the sample role?

Where is the logic in doing that?

That is beyond stupid and even if some of you treat him that way. Chu is not stupid.

mean yeah, but I just worded that poorly. Character claims can give hints as to what particular people's powers could be based upon who they represent, which would not be advisable because it's basically roll fishing.
Answer me this.

How are we supposed to identify key targets and suspects without fishing for some information? Otherwise we just kind of sit here doing nothing but guess and twiddle our thumbs the whole time.

Do you guys not have millers or godfathers to prevent people from just steamrolling suspicious claims? Do you guys not have scum fake claims or something? Where is the element of mystery without some element of figuring of the truth by piecing together fished information?

I get the idea of not wanting to have all the town be heroes and all the mafia be villains, but gosh you gotta start somewhere, man.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Gus clause comes from the Smash 4 backroom mafia games. Basically one player named Gus kept getting voted for on the first day numerous times. He never got to play and he hated it. So, we made a small rule that if someone died the first day last game, we could not vote for them on the first day in the current game. The suggestion was a bit tongue and cheek but for my reasoning...

Why would Pokechu claim he was the sample role... if he was not the sample role?

That is beyond stupid and even if some of you treat him that way. Chu is not stupid.
Huh. Fair enough.

##Unvote: Pokechu

Still gonna use teh fingah though

FoS: Pokechu

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Answer me this.

How are we supposed to identify key targets and suspects without fishing for some information? Otherwise we just kind of sit here doing nothing but guess and twiddle our thumbs the whole time.

Do you guys not have millers or godfathers to prevent people from just steamrolling suspicious claims? Do you guys not have scum fake claims or something? Where is the element of mystery without some element of figuring of the truth by piecing together fished information?

I get the idea of not wanting to have all the town be heroes and all the mafia be villains, but gosh you gotta start somewhere, man.
We talk. RVS is meant to get us out of the elementary phases of the game where we have nothing to talk about with some sort of slip or "off" interaction. We usually springboard from there into more in-depth analysis of the players' interactions, and after that we decide on who to lynch D1. We then go back and re-read the first day to sniff out interactions that person may have had based on our newfound information (and further/retract gut reads we had D1) and continue with the game. It sounds like we're used to a more chatty, cards-to-our-chests D1 and you guys are used to a more hectic D1. Pokechu and Opposum got us out of RVS and we're trying to expand upon that. And generally, Godfather is a role that tends to be looked down upon when building games (at least on old DGames).

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
FoS stands for finger of suspicion, it basically just means you’re suspicious of someone but not willing to vote for them
So basically it's like saying you want to vote someone but you're too much of a wimp to do it? Or is it like saying that you are doing something without actually doing anything? Either way I'm not a fan. Seems like a bad habit.

D

Deleted member

Answer me this.

It's already been pointed out but the regulars from here are obviously more familiar with the theme, they may be able to figure out who'd end with what abilities and what alignments.
For example, my role PM mentions that it depends on lynching who I say to lynch and going from there.

Also, as an added note, I can't really defend that fishing for info is a fun way to play when everytime it was successful Town just steamrolled Mafia(Pokemafia, DBMafia, Fate/Mafia). We've been way too overreliant on proving claims and what-not, a change of pace is more than welcome.
Godfather is a role that tends to be looked down upon when building games (at least on old DGames).
May I ask why? I've got to admit it got pretty silly when we started to hunt down the ones that came out clean from Cop results after all non-Godfather Mafiosos had been taken care of

Top Bottom