• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Decisive Games Introduction Thread (make sure to check the new forum rules as well!)

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Never break your maximum rule. It seems like a fun time because so many cool flavors. But you'll always end up being behind in one or more of the games (usually the new one since it's the most active) from my experience.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer

If Private's sure about this, then I can probably get the thread up and role PMs out tonight.

The crowd waits with bated breath.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Point taken. I'll probably get the confirmation phase going tonight or tomorrow, and everybody will have the long weekend to read their roles, shoot me questions, etc. and then the game will properly begin on Monday or Tuesday.

Related: Can threadmakers still lock their own threads or does a mod need to do that? Thinking I'm going to want the thread locked until D1 officially starts.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
Point taken. I'll probably get the confirmation phase going tonight or tomorrow, and everybody will have the long weekend to read their roles, shoot me questions, etc. and then the game will properly begin on Monday or Tuesday.

Related: Can threadmakers still lock their own threads or does a mod need to do that? Thinking I'm going to want the thread locked until D1 officially starts.
mods have to

:applejack:

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
/in for hosting a Small or Large, whichever one comes first.
/in for playing the next Small.

I've at least been in one game for sure (and I think I was replacement in another or denied) and I can still play another one easily by the time I get up there on the list.

edit: Also the Flavor I have planned is pretty awesome. If I did large, what do people prefer: Single, Double, or Triple faction?

edit2: Is getting 20 people likely here?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
no

you'll get them, there will be just as many inactives as there is in any large game, it'll just be in the sign up slot for a while. it'll fill eventually

/in for hosting a Small or Large, whichever one comes first.
/in for playing the next Small.

I've at least been in one game for sure (and I think I was replacement in another or denied) and I can still play another one easily by the time I get up there on the list.

edit: Also the Flavor I have planned is pretty awesome. If I did large, what do people prefer: Single, Double, or Triple faction?

edit2: Is getting 20 people likely here?
Single. Double is nigh impossible to balance, triple actually is.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
I only remember thethirdkoopa from Awkward Moments mafia and all I remember from that mafia game was that virtually every single townie in that game was a hump.

Furio Tigre

Smash Apprentice
Anyone know how to get streams on the front page of Smashboards? I've been playing some Melee and my tech skill isn't too shabby, plus I've got all these texture hacks and the like alongside a pretty good streaming set up. I also put on random music from random soundtracks from other video games or various electronic artists. IN FACT, I'M PLAYING RIGHT NOW! Drop a comment in the stream chat telling me how bad I am or telling me to do cool combos/tricks/glitches and I'll do them.

http://www.twitch.tv/hiroths1

Whoops, this was supposed to be in the Social thread. Tehe.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I don't mind third parties as long as they suit the game you're making (not just in terms of flavor, but in terms of set-up balance). I think this is much harder to do than a lot of people realize. In most cases, the third party is either stupidly OP because the game essentially revolves around them, or (more likely, I think), the third party is born to lose out of sheer happenstance because of how many other variables exist that they can't account for.

Basically, I go by the accessory rule for this. You know how some people who like to accessorize say you should take one thing off right before you leave the house in order to make sure you aren't wearing a ridiculous number of bracelets or whatever? This applies to mafia too. More often than not, the game probably doesn't need that independent, and would be better without.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Alright, as one last question, what Third-Parties do you guys like?

(Was going to ask Social thread but couldn't)

If you're going to go with any indies, your best bet is something like an abductor, who, after his death, changes the game to how it would be if he had never existed.

Either that, or an independent role that serves to annoy the other parties, like what OS does in his games.

Top Bottom