• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Decisive Games Introduction Thread (make sure to check the new forum rules as well!)

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I'm thinking of not having a third-party. It's hard to balance SK and most others seem too swingy or too one-shot (hi Jester and Lyncher) I have something that feels ******* enough with this Mafia as is.

also /in for luigi's mansion as well.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Mind linking me to an OS game? I'm interested now. I've hosted a ton before but never on here.

Abductor might work. I've never used it in a game before; the only problem is incredibly swingy. I kinda want to do hitman as well but that's also... swingy.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
jsknlkqfujadufejka

*jaw drop*

Must play Kanty's game but can't due to two games atm.

/in as replacement tentatively

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Mind linking me to an OS game? I'm interested now. I've hosted a ton before but never on here.

Abductor might work. I've never used it in a game before; the only problem is incredibly swingy. I kinda want to do hitman as well but that's also... swingy.
What I mean by OS indie is something like this:

Welcome to Villains Mafia, X1-12. You are Kefka (Final Fantasy 6), Independent Vote Manipulating Survivor, the genetically engineered demi-god.

Due to early experiments with magical infusion, you’ve been driven insane and want only to destroy the planet. You don’t care how or who with. You just want to. You’re not going to bother with trivial details like working with others, you can do it on your own. You have a rough road ahead of you, but with power like yours…. Who can stop you?

Active Abilities:

Slave Crown: This ability can only be used once per Day, and can only be used if someone is currently voting for you to be lynched. When someone votes for you, you can force the player to vote for someone of your choosing in their next post by PMing me with the command “Slave Crown: (name)”. They will be notified that “someone” has used an ability on them, and be given the restriction “You must vote for (player) in your next post, and cannot change your vote until the following day”. Keep in mind if they don't post, the ability doesn't affect them. This ability's affect doesn't carry over to the next day. Posting rules (one post every 72 hours) still applies, and they will be notified of this. This ability can only be used if their vote isn’t already being manipulated, otherwise it will fail.

Light of Judgement: You may PM me the name of one player each night. You will be given information on this player's name and abilities, and you will be immune to this player's abilities the following Day and Night. You will not get information on their allegiance or masonries if any exist. They will not be notified.

Goner: At Night, choose a player by PMing me their name. That player will die and this ability may not be redirected or prevented. This ability may only be used once.

Posting restriction
You have to type "hahahaha", "lol", or exactly as posted here (four "ha") in every post you make in which you vote for someone. Failure to do so will result in an unknown punishment (it will not be in your favor).

Special Information

Win Condition:
You are independently aligned and win when all of Town or all of Mafia are dead.

Safeclaim: Sephiroth is not in this game. You make up the abilities.

Special Information: This role has been used previously; it has since been modified. Be wary of giving out information that could pin you as Kefka the Independent!

See how it has several weaker abilities?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
GENTLEMEN.

I had an idea that I don't know why we haven't had before. I think it would be incredibly useful for us to list the flavors of the set-ups in the queue along with their position!

This lets people see when flavors they want to join are coming up, ensuring that they don't miss it.

I've added my next small game, BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasmafia, but if people who are currently in queue want to tell me their flavors, I can edit those in too! Doesn't have to be set in stone, especially if you're using a placeholder set-up, but I can only see it being useful.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
That wouldn't be a good idea because let's say someone has a flavor coming up that not a lot of people would be fond of. They would dread that game coming up because they don't like the flavor and also if the next game after it had a more desirable flavor it would get even less attention.

It also ruins the surprise of great favors just coming up and having a good rush of people join. I feel revealing flavors would stagnate the queue in the long run.

I mean if people want their flavor to be revealed then that's totally up to them and it would be a nice option for some. It's a genuine thought Raz but one I, personally, don't feel is best.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
my small is going to be nicholas cage mafia

sorry for the 20 people ahead of me, no ones gonna join your games now

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I can't imagine queue stagnating all that much unless the next game is something as awful as Incredibly Depressing Mafia.

Never should the likes of this forum ever have to witness such an atrocity once more...

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I also have an idea too

some sort of mad libs flavor mafia

where some people outside the game get a qt and just make up flavor for flips

so really

I'd host a game that's flavorless cuz I'm too lazy to do flavor

but other people would put in all this crazy flavor and make up whatever (with simple roles and the flavor not really meaning anything)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
or even better

just make it flavorless and have it 'open flavor' or basically anyone can just drop in and give story ideas and others can edit it and make it all wacky

like lets say

have people make up a story

they could either do 1 line per person, or one word per person and just make it dumb as fluff

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
My next game is either going to be Jungle Republic or a Braid-flavored game. Not 100% sure which one yet.

:059:

Handorin

Smash Hero
Braid flavored? That's so boss. I'd like to see how it works cause there's only 3 characters. I need to replay that game...

Only if we all make alternate accounts with the name NicholasCage# and we can only post in one style. Cause he can only act out himself.

Oh oh and if we can make our custom user title say "*nic cage movie* starring"

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Braid flavored? That's so boss.

I have a setup for it but I'm not sure whether I should run it soon or work on it some more. I kinda promised marshy to run the open JR and I kinda promised adum that we'd run Braid together :/

:059:

#hbc#money#dgames#yolo#swag#thuglife#ballin#bawsss

hello and welcome to nicolas cage mafia, JTB.

you are nicolas cage from Con Air (1997), vanilla townie

the most iconic and memorable form of nicolas cage there is. your role as cameron poe is as flawless as your facial features, which is complimented with your stylish long hair. goddamn. i'm just sweating looking at this picture.

active abilities

put the bunny back in the box - each day, you are allowed to tell a player to put the bunny back in the box. this action does nothing.

you are nicolas cage aligned and win when all threats to nicolas cage are eliminated.

Top Bottom