• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Decisive Games Introduction Thread (make sure to check the new forum rules as well!)

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
I've never played Mafia on Smashboards at all, only 3 times with a group of people, is there anything that really differs? Should I not be in a big game?

X1-12

Smash Champion
I've never played Mafia on Smashboards at all, only 3 times with a group of people, is there anything that really differs? Should I not be in a big game?
Are you talking about real life or IM mafia? because they're vastly different to playing it on a forum, its slower and your vote stays around even when you aren't here. There are sign-ups for a newbie game currently running (aside from this thread) which you can join if you like, there will be people there to explain the terms and how everything works. Just say if you wan't in

/out the Newbie game. I wouldn't like to upset the infrastructure of what a newbie game is supposed to be like, and make it more difficult for the newbies to get involved.

This Bear and Fish better have a Heron or Tom's gonna blow a head gasket.
Would you mind being put down as a replacement?

Newbie 10

1.) Acrostic
2.) Grump
3.) Glyph
4.)
5.)
6.)
7.) Sephiroths Masamune (SE)
8.) Vanderzant (Experienced Player)
9.) J (Experienced Player)

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
@ Smith: If all you've ever played prior to this is IRL mafia, then I would recommend joining X1's newbie game. They are designed to be games for beginners to forum mafia to learn the ropes and get acclimated to SWF style of play.

There are a LOT of major mechanical differences between IRL mafia and forum mafia, but the concept remains the same. You'll be off to a good start with your IRL experience as far as understanding the general rules, goals, and possibly roles, but you will need to learn the formalities that are involved in playing in a forum setting.

Again, I would recommend signing up for X1's newbie game before playing in any others, though signing up to play in a Small sized game isn't a particularly poor option as well. A large game may be slightly overwhelming for a new player, but that is simply guesswork on my part.

If you want to get a taste of what games are like here, please refer to the stickied "Archive" thread. You can look at almost every game ever completed here at SWF in Dgames. You can also check the original posts of any completed or on going games for helpful links for beginners, as well as rulesets that are pretty standard here at SWF.

And of course, if you have any specific questions please ask them in the Social thread. =)

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Bear and Fish Mafia 11 is the 11th installment of SummonerAU's acclaimed series, Bear and Fish Mafia.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
you should play
I would, but I like the whole "one game only" thing I have going on. Plus I'm not sure it would start in time; I'm leaving the state Dec 18th, and leaving the country Jan 24thish. I don't like to replace out... but otherwise I would. =(

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
I'm looking for a standby replacement(s) for Youtube Memes Mafia. If anyone wants to do it, either PM me or tell me in this thread. Thank you so much.

Grump

Smash Apprentice
/in Bear and Fish as well.
I can't commit to more than 2 games though, so I guess I'll stagnate till that or the Newbie game is up :p

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
You should replace somewhere imo. I keep hearing about mods looking for replacements. If FMA starts now we'd need even more replacements with even less players =/

:059:

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
tom, would you mind if I joined FMA:B? I've kinda had issues remaining active in recent games so it'd be perfectly cool if yu sed no. I'm not sure if i'll join yet anyways

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I would, but I like the whole "one game only" thing I have going on. Plus I'm not sure it would start in time; I'm leaving the state Dec 18th, and leaving the country Jan 24thish. I don't like to replace out... but otherwise I would. =(
ok. i didnt know you were doing 1 game at a time. thats cool though.

tom, would you mind if I joined FMA:B? I've kinda had issues remaining active in recent games so it'd be perfectly cool if yu sed no. I'm not sure if i'll join yet anyways
honestly it would be extremely hypocritical of me to refuse anyone based on possible inactivity. use your best judgement. however, if you like the series, i promise you will like the game, and maybe that will have an effect on your activity.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
also, i would be replacing into Youtube Meme mafia but i think i may have learned someones alignment through an unrelated conversation so i cant in good faith.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hahaha clearly I'm awesome enough to have two roles, don't you know Tom?

@Gheb: If a mod is desperate for a replacement I may be able to help, but I'm hesitant just because we're supposed to get our first good snow of the year tonight/tomorrow which will begin the busy season for my job. At that point my amount of free time is going to go down a lot as I'll likely end up having to work 6 days a week and a lot more hours than normal on a regular basis, so I want to make sure I don't commit to too much and be unable to handle it.

X1-12

Smash Champion
I /inned to mod small a while ago but i'm not on the list yet, can you rectify that plz?

Also do you reckon in the queues you could list the game flavour next to the mod's name?

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Sorry, I assumed you weren't done with the set-up you sent me. Listing flavor would delay people joining games and the queue gets stalled. Example, Kataefi's game took forever to fill up because everyone was waiting for Hilt's game.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Sold said:
Kataefi's game took forever to fill up because everyone was waiting for Hilt's game.
^^This

Showing flavour makes X amount of people wanna in that game as soon as it is in up for sign ups. That makes the person before it get so little to sign up. And the best part, Kat's game was fun as hell. I've never even HEARD of the flavour, but for me it's just the fact that it's mafia.

Grrrrr...

I'm dead in all of my freakin games.

What to do...

I got Samurai Jack coming up soon, so that'll be cool.

Considering /inning Tom's FMA:B, but I hardly know the series...

Tom, does the flavour play a big role in the game?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
i dont know the series either, i just /inned before because of the hype sold was generating. or at least i think it was sold generating it.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
the game is based on the flavor

but

you absolutely do not need to know any of the flavor to get an advantage

just like all my games post-batmafia

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
this game is never going to ****ing fill signups

i have my name in the author spot of 15. fifteen. different games in the archive

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I think sign-ups are slow because of upcoming Winter Break, on-top of how many games we have running right now. I would totally /in if I didn't promise to help out and if I didn't see the set-up :(. Macman is a true hero.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
/in to host small/large

I'll use the same games I've already used and will randomly change who is mafia.

Not really but I'm hoping that gets me around the "send in a game" because that saves me like two minutes of work, and I'd be totally willing to do it.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Isn't there a rule that says you can't sign up to host a game for a que your are already on, or while you are already hosting a game?

If there isn't, there should be lol.

Not that I don't think you should be hosting OS, just on principle.

Top Bottom