• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Decisive Games Introduction Thread (make sure to check the new forum rules as well!)

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I like OS finding loopholes, can we fix that? I really don't want people using that to get a spot because they're "awesome mods".

this. It'd be funny if I let you do that and you never changed it and we ended up having a 1 person small game with no roles. But no.

Also, woo woo FMA:B go. I wish I could play in it!

X1-12, while I trust Tom to approve only the finest of set-ups, it'll still have to go through a list mod (Xiivi). Another part of submitting the set-up is to prevent games from being abandoned, or from set-ups being lost.

FF7...

..seriously?

<__<

haha..
Yes. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I have one more super-annoying partnership I need to hydra with. Me and EE, gonna be amazing.

yes :B

adumb we need an annoying playstyle
I don't think we even need to plan that. It'll just happen.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
adumbrodeus he said a setup needs to be submitted to the list mod so it can be recovered it if it is abandoned. basically exactly what didnt happen with ff7 remix. so, i dont get your point? i think you misunderstood him.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Why am I not in pending for small?

adumbrodeus he said a setup needs to be submitted to the list mod so it can be recovered it if it is abandoned. basically exactly what didnt happen with ff7 remix. so, i dont get your point? i think you misunderstood him.
Actually, nobody did have the setup (did you submit it for review?), I almost wasn't able to recover it for that reason.

That's probably part of the reason why sold2 is such a stickler for the setup submissions.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
The "Pending" list is really useless, honestly. It doesn't give you priority over anything... it's just there for organization or something.

lol stickler. It's a good rule, I've seen a lot of set-ups be submitted that would get the mods hanged for stupid reasons, I don't want another game to get abandoned, and I don't want mods to rush and make a bad set-up, or not having a set-up ready at all because they didn't have their set-up ready when they /in'd to host.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Cause I like all the organization stuff to happen, so when the setup is ready I can submit it without any hassle.

uh

that is exactly what i am saying

"exactly what didnt happen with ff7 remix"
Oh lol, meant as an example not a counter-example. Should've been more clear.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Sign-ups for Adumbrodeus's 18 man Doctor Who Mafia have begun!
Hydras are allowed.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I'm redesigning my game that I'm in the queue to host for
Just wanted to say the theme so no one steals it, it's Dexter
It's not the same as the private game I'm hosting soon, I'm saving this flavor for my big normal queue up game

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Everyone signing up or will sign up for Doctor Who mafia:

So, for those of you familar with Doctor Who, the flavor will be based on the companions of the doctor, as such, here's my companion list:

Susan Foreman
Ian Chesterton
Barbara Wright
Jamie McCrimmon
Sgt. John Benton
Sarah Jane Smith
Leela
K-9
Romana
Adric
Peri Brown
Ensign Vislor Turlough
Ace
Frobisher
Rose Tyler
Donna Noble
River Song
Amy Pond

Please shoot me an email with the top 3 companions you would be interested in playing. This will not affect alignment or power roles in any way shape or form (for reasons that will be explained during the opening flavor). Oh, and I hope everyone doesn't just pick the new companions, there are a lot of really awesome companions from the old series, though I did use a lot of the later companions. As roles are entirely taken, I will put down that they're taken, sorry. First come first serve.

Note that this game will NOT require suspension of disbelief beyond accepting the flavor, I chose to make a scenario that would actually be plausible in the Doctor Who universe that would work well for mafia, so I promise, gonna be awesome.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Are there any relatively noob-friendly games coming up? I see I just missed the Newbie Mafia, maybe there's another mafia with a fairly simple setup/gameplay coming up?
You may want to join Bear & Fish... you'd have to ask the mod about if the set-up is simple or not, but it's a small game and the playerlist is pretty tame (no offense to none of y'all). Smalls are a good place to start, or you can just wait for the next newbie... not sure when that is.

Top Bottom