• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Decisive Games Introduction Thread (make sure to check the new forum rules as well!)

Sodo

Smash Journeyman
Have you played mafia before?

:059:
I have. I also have experience with Town of Salem, but that's obviously different than this. I've been reading some games to get a feel for how this board plays. I've never played to the detail and length that you all do but I'd be interested in getting my feet wet.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
bumping this because pretty sure no-one is in line to host the next mini mafia

so... if people want to host, now would be a good time to say so

otherwise I will run a quick and dirty 7 player setup.

Last edited:

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
i would be down to host but even more down to play your 7 man quick and dirty mafa, so if youd like to host, /in. if youre doing it and really dont wanna ill host

Kantrip

Kantplay
/in Kary's game if it happens

1. Sodo
2. Stick Dude
3. Captain Hotcakes
4. HunterNinjaReaperPirate
5. #HBC | Gorf
6. Kantrip

1 more to fill

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
confirming that I will run this. 7p mini mafia. can probably start Monday if it fills, work on role PMs etc. soon.

excitement - - guaranteed.

[collapse='BIG SPOILERS']
[/collapse]

Last edited:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
I'm honestly considering hosting a game, just since there are no new ones even around right now.
But, I wonder if there are even enough active people to play it.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
/in mini
Is this still going? I love Mafia, play it often with my friends, am curious to see how well it works via a forum.

Last edited:

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Laser Tag Mini is now full!

If you're reading this and would still like a chance to play: feel free to drop me a PM and I'll add you to the replacement list in case anyone has to drop out mid-game.

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
Hello Decisive games! My name is Kursed, and I have fallen in love with your game community! I was active in the mafia games, but fell short and went into inactivity during Exams. But- I return with a game! I want to host a game here that is based off of a TV show. What is it? It is Survivor. SURVIVOR SMASH BOARDS VERSION!

How would it work on this forum? I have it all figured out. The challenges are simply casual and for somewhat individual. However it involves spamming, strategy and backstabbing your friends. Here are the rules:

The Beginning: Tribes
  • The game will begin with a pre-determined amount of people. (I will try for 16. If that won't work I will lower it)
  • The players will be split up into tribes. (two tribes)
  • Your tribe must work together, and win the challenges.
  • If your tribe loses a challenge, you all must go to Tribal Council (refer to Tribal Council section).
  • The game will continue like this, until we reach the merge.

The Middle: Merge
  • All of the tribes will merge into one tribe, and the challenges will become individual.
  • If you win a challenge, you win individual immunity (this means can not be voted out at the next Tribal Council).
  • When you are voted out in the merge, you become a member of the Jury (You join the Jury automatically if you're in the final 9).
  • Once there is two people left in the game, we begin Final Tribal Council.

The End: Final Tribal Council
  • At Final Tribal Council, each finalist must explain to the Jury why they deserve to win.
  • The Jury will ask the finalists questions regarding their game, and why they deserve to win.
  • After all of this is done, the final voting session will begin; the Jury will vote for who they want to win Survivor.
  • Whichever finalist gets the most votes is the winner!

Tribal Council
  • Tribal Council will always take place right after a challenge.
  • The losing tribe must vote someone out of their tribe.

Prize
  • I cannot think of any prizes other than bragging rights, however if any of you have ideas that would be great!

Miscellaneous
  • If you are ever banned, then you will be disqualified.
  • If you do not log on for five days, then you will be medically evacuated (disqualified).
  • If there is a tie, then there will be a re-vote. The two people involved in the tie may not vote, and the people re-voting may only vote for the people involved in the tie. If the vote is still tied, then everyone draws a rock (except for the people involved in the tie, and the immunity holder). Whoever draws the purple rock is eliminated. (this is using RNG)

What do you say? Should I host this? Would we have 16 active players? Should I change any rules/fix faults? Is post-a-thons allowed in Desicive games for Individual immunity?

Future reservations/current signups-
1. mistervideogaming
2. dimensionsword64
3. omar_25
4. unic0rn-0f-sm4sh-♫
5. lonekonwolf
6.spak.258527

Last edited:

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
Even though this is stickied… Bump. Is anyone alive?

Last edited:

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Even though this is stickied… Bump. Is anyone alive?
Hi.

First, this is something that probably deserves its own thread. It is not a mini-mafia game, after all.

Secondly, what you are describing is a tournament structure for a series of games. I am assuming that the games are all separate and different party games, such as trivia, puzzles, competitions, etc.
Those types of games are not at all common in Dgames, which is mostly about playing one long-form game over many weeks (e.g. mafia), and so your project may not be popular in here.
However, because your proposal requires signups & commitment, I believe this is the right room for it, but depending of what challenges you have in mind, it may appeal more to the crowd at Forum Games. I know nothing about cross-posting, but I am sure you could ask one of Ryu or Raziek.

Thirdly, all of the cool ideas you have for this game are not going to rub off on people unless you communicate them successfully. What's the theme for this game? What are some of the challenges I can look forward to? How long is this game going to last? Is there a custom banner or avatar for the winner? You have to make it appeal to people.

This one's for free. Good luck, dude.

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
Hi.

First, this is something that probably deserves its own thread. It is not a mini-mafia game, after all.

Secondly, what you are describing is a tournament structure for a series of games. I am assuming that the games are all separate and different party games, such as trivia, puzzles, competitions, etc.
Those types of games are not at all common in Dgames, which is mostly about playing one long-form game over many weeks (e.g. mafia), and so your project may not be popular in here.
However, because your proposal requires signups & commitment, I believe this is the right room for it, but depending of what challenges you have in mind, it may appeal more to the crowd at Forum Games. I know nothing about cross-posting, but I am sure you could ask one of Ryu or Raziek.

Thirdly, all of the cool ideas you have for this game are not going to rub off on people unless you communicate them successfully. What's the theme for this game? What are some of the challenges I can look forward to? How long is this game going to last? Is there a custom banner or avatar for the winner? You have to make it appeal to people.

This one's for free. Good luck, dude.
Hi Kary. Forum games told me to come here. Thank you for the banner! I want to get this contest started, but I have no idea what prizes I can give! Custom banners and avatars can be simply made in gimp for them, correct?

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Just wondering, are survivor slots still open? It sounds like Salt Mini Mafia might be just about done and I need some dGames to fulfill my online text-based PvP game craving.

If it's still open, I'll /in

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Ooof this place is for reals dusty.

/in mini

Maybe this place needs some... marketing or something. Get some announcements on that Smashboards Twitter or something? :O

TheKingofKoopas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bowser5566
3DS FC
0001-3508-1615
Whenever someone makes a new Mafia game, count me in. I've played on other forums before, just not this one.

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
Yooooo. I'm new here, but not new to Mafia... well I guess I'm new to FORUM MAFIA, but eh.

In any case, /in mini

Top Bottom