• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Decisive Games Introduction Thread (make sure to check the new forum rules as well!)

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
No, no. I just re-read some old mafia games. Everytime I come back and play it's the same thing.

Fool me once can't get fooled again.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I am pleased to announce that my large game has been revised and is better than ever!

Closed set-up, 14 players

Due to the altered set-up and the time that has passed since the game first hit the queue, I am going to reset the sign-ups and ask all players interested in playing to start signing up as of this post.

1. Circus
2. soup
3. Handorin
4. WashedLaundry
5. Sokr
6. ScaryLB59
7. Raziek
8. dabuz
9. Friday Townie (Red Ryu/Rajam hydra)

Replacements:

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
/in /in /in /in /in /in /in /in /in /in /in /in /in /in

I'll be all the roles

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Lynch ALL the inactives.
Town can lurk as much as scum. I'd go look at Legend Of Mana Mafia to see how the 'lynch all inactives' deal worked out. We lost miserably because we all believed everyone active had to be town and we wasted two phases lynching other townies who simply didn't have the motivation to post. I don't remember what happened afterwards but it was just chaos from there. I think it's better to define what they're posting when they are actually active instead of what they're not posting.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Town can lurk as much as scum. I'd go look at Legend Of Mana Mafia to see how the 'lynch all inactives' deal worked out. We lost miserably because we all believed everyone active had to be town and we wasted two phases lynching other townies who simply didn't have the motivation to post. I don't remember what happened afterwards but it was just chaos from there. I think it's better to define what they're posting when they are actually active instead of what they're not posting.
That's fine. Town deserves to lose if they're lurking/inactive as a majority. The fear of lynching inactives simply takes away a very powerful tool that scum can use to camouflage with no real effort.

Also, my issue was never just quantity. It's mainly willingness to actively participate in conversations. Frozen use to do this really annoying thing where he'd post like once or twice within the active window with extremely long-winded posts. He could have minimal interaction while looking like he's actually saying a lot, but what really creates connections/disconnections is interaction.

But yeah, I'd rather have an active game and lose because we lynched too many inactive townies than have an inactive game and win (i.e. Bad Idea Mafia 3 with Zen, Mac, Gorf, Nich, Swiss etc.)

Death Mountain

Ranmaru|Rajam
That's fine. Town deserves to lose if they're lurking/inactive as a majority. The fear of lynching inactives simply takes away a very powerful tool that scum can use to camouflage with no real effort.

Also, my issue was never just quantity. It's mainly willingness to actively participate in conversations. Frozen use to do this really annoying thing where he'd post like once or twice within the active window with extremely long-winded posts. He could have minimal interaction while looking like he's actually saying a lot, but what really creates connections/disconnections is interaction.

But yeah, I'd rather have an active game and lose because we lynched too many inactive townies than have an inactive game and win (i.e. Bad Idea Mafia 3 with Zen, Mac, Gorf, Nich, Swiss etc.)

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Makes me actually consider joining a game with you

cuz activity. Also game gets boring if scum lurk the town to death.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
btw not sure if you've started playing yet, but you should play Asylum before City since they kind of go together. I will say this, Arkham City is 30x better than Asylum, but Asylum is still a good game. City brings it to the next level though. The spiderman game I'm pretty sure I beat in a day//

Top Bottom