• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Decisive Games Introduction Thread (make sure to check the new forum rules as well!)

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I am literally not even on the OP yet much less up for roster filling, heh

though it would be nice, I guess, if I could jump a few notches since i put an /in to host back in ... april or something before cancelling it. But I would only want to pass people that are 101% okay with it and not feeling obligated to somehow

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Best reaction image I've ever seen.

EE, it was more of a joke than anything. I know how the queueueue works, just trying to build hype. For a whole year. Maybe I'll play when it's time.

:phone:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
If you haven't played before i would recommend waiting for a newb game first. Won't be fun going in a game without an explanation of what to expect.

Sorry for making you wait man but i think its for the best. I think there is just one newb left though, so get hype. It is also funner playing witb newbs as well.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
"Funner" my ***, Ran. They are there for learning mechanics, but that's all they teach you. The IC/Newbie relationship and a general lack of good players makes them fail as an example to use for improvement. If they know how to play, let them in. I love Newbie games as an institution, but if he has an idea how it works, don't hold out.

I've had that rant ready since whatever Newbie I ICed in ended. There were a couple players with absolutely no reason whatsoever to be there, including Tako who had never played online before.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
"Funner" my ***, Ran. They are there for learning mechanics, but that's all they teach you. The IC/Newbie relationship and a general lack of good players makes them fail as an example to use for improvement. If they know how to play, let them in. I love Newbie games as an institution, but if he has an idea how it works, don't hold out.

I've had that rant ready since whatever Newbie I ICed in ended. There were a couple players with absolutely no reason whatsoever to be there, including Tako who had never played online before.

Lol, Cavestory newbie was freaking terrible. I never wanna play another newbie game again.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Imma talk to him about his exp in maf, and i understand what you are saying. I am just being on the safe side here. There are some newbs that shouldnt start in a newb, but how else would you know that with out previous history? (which is why imma ask about it etc) rather, his grasp on maf and what he should expect etc

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
My opinion would be to let em since it's only 9 man, but that's just my opinion and it's totally up to you and your decision should be respected.

sneakytako

Smash Lord

Lol, Cavestory newbie was freaking terrible. I never wanna play another newbie game again.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I've played mafia before, is it different online?
For the sake of actually answering the question, here goes:

Yes.

Playing mafia in a forum setting tends to be much slower-paced than other formats, such as face-to-face, or via chat such as Skype/AIM. This can lead to a much more in-depth or 'serious' game, as what a player has said/done can be looked over in detail and discussed at length. It also makes different demands on you as a player; rather than talking about things as they happen, you will be expected to read through what others have said, and to contribute to the discussion on a regular basis, typically every day. As to the mechanics of the game- voting, lynching, etc., these tend to be much the same.

The best way of looking at it is probably to just read something of a game that's taken/taking place here. I can't say what exactly will be different, because I don't know what you're used to.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Le Batelur you should hit me up so we can talk tho

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Had a totally different idea but the pictures don't exist now. ;-; (was gonna be some weird Mario and Luigi stuff)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Actually /IN mod large.

I'll do Prison Break.

Anyone like that show?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm on like the fourth episode. That's too bad. ... Wow I feel bad for the Warden.

D

Deleted member

/in Toonami

Loved Toonami growing up and I'm glad it's back. Have to play this game.

D

Deleted member

oh god its this guy
I have improved significantly ever since I first started playing Mafia (definitely after MXC Mafia). If anyone has any doubt, I'll link to some games in which I played well in.

Top Bottom