• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Death Strike + Bonus material ~ Updated 12-20-10 ~

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Now I would like to make it clear to people about one thing. Exrach was the one that found this out. he Made a post about it in the Peach guide. I for one never saw it. Ninjalink gave me the idea. he told me he thought Peach could footstool lock character based on some of his old vids and I thinking doing it by mistake. He never really tried to do it. And he only did it with Nair. Not a bair. He thought it was possbile with Both. He told me to give it a try since I am technical with Peach. I give it a go and within 30 mins I was able to do it.

So for those that though I stole this from exrach, you are wrong. When i found out he made a post about it, I asked NL if he seen his post. He said know and was just playing around with Peach. Thus this idea came up. So Both NijaLink and exrach get credit. NinjaLink for the idea on his own. And exrach for finding this out and actually testing/doing it. I asked permission to give him credit and make this vid. It was granted.

Death Strike (footstool combo) New

Death strike on Falco

Death Strike + Footstool combos

Footstool combos on ROB New

Now there are some important things to know to pull this off:

Rules:
- The height of the character matters. Same with how fat/slim they are. The thinner/smaller they are, the harder it is to do.

- Not all characters have the same footstool animation/drop So timing is different. You might have to do it soon after the footstool. Or pause, then execute the lock. Like ROB, He drops way too fast and I can't do it to him. Seems impossible. Peach falls to fast to the floor cause of it.

- Certain characters are easier to hit them with Nair then bair and vice versa. So it is best to learn how to do it both ways. For example. With Boswer you can lock him both ways. But Bair is easier to do it with. But here is a extra with the nair. With nair, you can lock him in Place. Just Nair behind him over and over and we will just go left and right. Then when ready, sweet spot an up smash.

- If you Nair lock someone, you CAN pull another turnip from the ground and lock them again. Sometimes it is hard to catch the turnip from nair lock. So you have this options if it becomes a pain.

-For slim characters, when you Hit them with a turnip, they have to fall to the floor facing you. (like when they get up they will be looking at you) If they don't, you won't be able to hit them with bair.

- Bair is best for slim characters . Nair is good for big/fat ones that you can keep in place and lock them to death. Overall You will find yourself best with bair.

- This works up to a certain % Like 110. Something around there. it depends on character. But universal wise, up 100-110%

How to perfom:

Get a turnip and Z drop it on the opponent. Once the turnip hits their head, footstool them. But footstool into a float. When that footstool connects, quickly let go of the float to a Bair. So the formula is like this:

Zdrop>Footstool>float>falling bair>repeat

1- Z drop
2- Footstool
3- Float
4- Falling Bair
5- Repeat step 1-4

You should be able to catch the turnip with the Bair when you fall. Though if you don't, you can be quick enough to get another and keep it going.

Now you might be here thinking. "Hmm, another lock with Peach that is too hard to do nor do I see myself doing"

I have you know that this time, you wont have to worry about that. You can follow tech chases like this. or the best and legit way is out of shield. Ever been stuck in your shield with a turnip when the opponent is right in front of you? What most do is glide toss behind, away or roll/side step. Well you can Zdrop out of shield and hit them to start it. OoS options just got better, Really with turnips. it only takes one frame to z drop and the hit box to be out. 1 freaking frame. So if you get this down and you are in shield with a turnip, end their stock with this.

And yes, you can lock them with stitch Face. The can eat around 100 or so with 2-3 locks at low Percent. if they are to high, Zdrop foot stool and just recatch the turnip. Let them lie there and then get up. You still got that stitch in your hand. In which you can land the same way again. or just finish them off with it.

Characters comfirmed to get locked:

The colors on each character show the difficulty to perform this.

Green= Easy
Lime= Medium
Red=Hard

Snake
Bowser
DDD
DK
Peach
Marth
Falco
Lucario
Charizard
Falcon
Ike
Lucario
ZSS

Dark Tornado

Now this is something I found out on my own. I know most of you heard and seen the bair lock. There is a few rules to that. But this one negats those rules for some odd reason. That I have yet to crack but w/e. Still good. from 0-11%. Around there. If the enemy falls hard and your near them, you can hit with ANY part of her Nair (spaced or not) and they will be locked. After you hit them the first time, the next set of nairs HAVE to be spaced. or it won't work. As you can see in the video I blow the spacing so could not keep up. Good example of showing what happens if you don't. If they fall hard at mid/high%, you can't lock them. The rule for the lock gets negated for some odd reason. You can do this with bair from behind. First part, any point of the bair, second and beyond, weak hit with bair or the chain gets broken. You can get them with both hits of the bair and lock them too for more damage.

If you hit diddy with his own bananas at these %, Lock him.

If you hit with any of Peach attacks that make them trip, lock then if they do trip.

I'm still working with this cause I think there is a way I can drag the enemy back and forth across the stage with nair. Though you can even mix up the Dark Tornado with the Death strike for a nasty comination.

This thing only has one good use to land that I thought of. Peach Platform pressure is godly. if you are under someone in BF for instance, Hit them with grounded upairs or Utilts on their shield. You can push them off from the platform and they will fall to the floor hard ( I don't think you can tech that just like you can't tech a footstool) and Start the lock.

Peach Bomber ledge cancel

I Noticed a few characters being able to do things like this.Like Ganons F-B and Zeldas Up-B. And I remember that sometimes i would slide off the ledge from a F-B. So thinking about stuff as usual, I thought this could be useful if I but it to use. the vid shows a few uses with the tech. There is a certain spot on most stages that you have to stand on to do it. Keep it in mind and when the time calls, use it. This can help alot with quick edge grabs to screw with the enemies head. Play around with it. I have been and done some crazy **** with it so far.

Turnip Cross

You can create a cross with turnips to make it harder for the enemy to get to you when playing it safe. You can also z grab the top turnip of the cross and toss it to have 2 turnips launched at the enemy

LanceStern

Smash Lord
I like the death strike. Really cool.

Edit: To be honest, I might just try this when I get the free time. If it is medium difficulty on the timing, this could help with comebacks.

Luxor

Smash Champion
Sweeet. Btw, because of how forcing a getup works in Brawl, make sure you hit with Bair/Nair pretty early into the flopping animation. Pretty obvious, but if you do it too late then rather than a forced getup and lock, they can roll away or attack.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Sweeet. Btw, because of how forcing a getup works in Brawl, make sure you hit with Bair/Nair pretty early into the flopping animation. Pretty obvious, but if you do it too late then rather than a forced getup and lock, they can roll away or attack.
Yea dude its pretty obviously and how this thing actually works.

I like the death strike. Really cool.

Edit: To be honest, I might just try this when I get the free time. If it is medium difficulty on the timing, this could help with comebacks.
Yea I went home last night and tried it on Bowser, it's really hard timing. I can only get him to reset twice
It's not really that hard. Just get use to the timing. On bowser you don't have to rush it. When you footstoll to float, just let him bounce and then fall to a Bair.

Cahracters like Falco are harder and require quick timing. This is worth learning cause you can land it easy OoS. or Tech chase rolls. You can generally just go up to the person and turnip>footstool then and go for the lock. if you crew up you can't be punished anyway. If they shield, you will hop off thier shield. if they don't and you goof, it just leads to a footstool combo like it shows in my vids.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
If nothing else I've used it to get KOs with turnip->footstool->bair at high percents.

I just don't see opponents leaving themselves open enough to fall for this though

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
If nothing else I've used it to get KOs with turnip->footstool->bair at high percents.

I just don't see opponents leaving themselves open enough to fall for this though
its good if you have a turnip in shield and opponent is near you.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
I can get the turnip drop out of shield, but they are usually spacing too far away for me to follow up with a footstool.

Usually they are that distance away, there's no way to get a turnip drop out of that.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
There is a certain distance you have to be to go for it. You just jump out of shield and Z drop next to them. or you can look at it how links Do thier Z drop bomb combos

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Iplayed today and landed so many Z drops on my opponent. I I did not try to go for the lock though. But I was in the position where I could have easily footstool locked them. Really out the shield like I said here many times. You you actually take he time to learn this, you can pull this off and have it be so useful. or just reset them once to a sweetspot upsmash.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
I think the only way we will do amazing things with Peach is if we start using every option available to her to perfection (or near perfection). Including this one

Gotta get some fast fingers and play smarter

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Remember when I said you can not lock ROB cause his footstool animation drops you to the floor? I just found out somethin nice and how you can abuse his footstool animation. I am onna make a vid of it

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Can't wait to see another Dark.Pch video...

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
I jizzed because I saw Will's tag on the list. x//3

Very nice, btw. Would you say this is all viable for competitive play?

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
But it's Will. :f

I'm his #1 Fan.

And, awesome. At my first tourney a Peach main I met there taught me about the Z drop turnip foot stool thingy a while back. It seems pretty nice to master foot stooling for the free dmg. I've been wanting to master it with DK the most so I can get a free headbutt in.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I think if you do this against zss Peach falls to the floor with zss if buffered you can get a side smash in.
She does not fall to the floor, I tested this on her. You end up floating. its hard on her cause her animation can push Peach back. And make it hard to land a Bair.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Dark, in the character list, switch lime to yellow (=medium). Kinda confused me ;p

Anyway I tried this but I can barely footstool #_#. I'll look more into it though, it seems interesting but... tough D=

:052:

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Do this:

Z drop and press jump. But do it as if you are about to ground float. Once you get use to that do it and fall with a bair. Do all this slow then speed it up. Bowser is the easiest character in the game to practice and do it on.

Top Bottom