• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Death Note Mafia - Game Thread - Ovah

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Yet it states "while they hold this notebook." So it is assumed that they are only seen as pro-kira 'while holding the notebook' and to me it is implied that when they are no longer holding the notebook, that they won't be seen as pro-kira. Unless you think it should have an addition to confirm they won't? I think that would make the morbid composer a red herring, for any investigator to trip up and get a fake scan. So if a morbid composer has the notebook in possession and is scanned, it would be like a miller.
The notebook says their wincon changes as long as they hold the notebook, eg "will be treated as pro-kira aligned".

Anyway I don't think voting Red Ryu simply for his claim is good enough. *Cough @ adumbrodeus adumbrodeus Cough*
Lol, figuring out that claims don't suit the flavor in a game where flavor is extremely important is one of the primary methods of picking out a fakeclaim. I generally don't play in games where flavor is important enough for that to be relevant, but it's basic mafia mechanics.

Rather happy that he flubbed his fakeclaim by attaching morbid composer to it actually, not confident of my ability to read RR's play atm because I'm not entirely sure where he's at mentally right now. Bingo showed me he drastically improved while I was gone.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
That actually wasn't my idea, people were talking about conversion when I thought trading notebooks swapped alignments. They pointed out that this caused some logistical/balance issues, which I agree with, and upon looking at the rules of the Death Note I saw that the rules don't actually state that this is wrong. People who possess the notebook and the composer ability MUST be pro-kira, period. There is no "So long as they continue to hold this notebook".
It says while they hold the notebook, the other balance solution to this is that most people simply can't swap.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Looks like we'll have plenty to discuss come Dusk. Guess all we can do now is wait.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Props to adum and especially Mac on pushing that one through.

I would say that I look forward to rereading on this connection, but that's boring and I have no interest in doing that so close to the holidays. I agree with adum's willingness to go Djc or FE after this.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Kuz is a good starting point; if there is a Vig with a gun, I still put him forth as the best target.

In general, examining the smaller groups is the next goal. And of course if someone is to be killed during the Night/start of the next Day, we'll probably use that as a foundation for the direction in this pursuit.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Guess what?

I got lynched.

But it gets better, you think you got scum,

I'm just rawring with rage and laughter.

You got trolled I'm actually town.

**** my lynch but I still doing my motto.

Go town.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Not very compelling. You've put forth no effort to catch who would be Kira in your group if it isn't you. Never even answered my question from before about which character within seems the most likely. That was literally your one shot to get people off of you for at least a Day.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Not very compelling. You've put forth no effort to catch who would be Kira in your group if it isn't you. Never even answered my question from before about which character within seems the most likely. That was literally your one shot to get people off of you for at least a Day.
Compelling?

Sure, not what I tried when people tunneled this day phase.

Enjoy my town flip.

I could check logs I guess but my cards are very little at this point.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Sure, not what I tried when people tunneled this day phase.
You didn't examine either of the people that outed that they were in the group that you're most likely in and instead chose to target the individual that is most likely to be town and two people for sure unrelated to you and those that died.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Sorry if I read you wrong Ryu but I can't think of a single post you contributed that made me think "this guy is really scum hunting." Too much "you guys are wrong", bandwagoning, and questioning without making your own pushes.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
You didn't examine either of the people that outed that they were in the group that you're most likely in and instead chose to target the individual that is most likely to be town and two people for sure unrelated to you and those that died.
Why should I limit myself to one group of eight just because probability says there is at least one? It's entirely possible no one on the group is scum as much as the opposite.

I'm gonna scum hint not try and out meta the mod.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Red Ryu, TRG is town. Talk to me about Adumdreus.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Why should I limit myself to one group of eight just because probability says there is at least one? It's entirely possible no one on the group is scum as much as the opposite.

I'm gonna scum hint not try and out meta the mod.
We've long since accepted the idea that Kira was within that group due to the size and we have Rajam's random death as a Power Role for evidence of this fact.

I wish Mac hadn't left right after I asked him for his thoughts..

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
We've long since accepted the idea that Kira was within that group due to the size and we have Rajam's random death as a Power Role for evidence of this fact.

I wish Mac hadn't left right after I asked him for his thoughts..
You should lynch off play regardless of the group stuff.

The groups should be a byproduct of that.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Red Ryu, TRG is town. Talk to me about Adumdreus.
He's scum.

His literal reason to vote me, and ignore me while pushing me, was that I was Kira's dad. My play did not once come up as a reason.

Also get DJ to talk idk why he was townreading.

Get Dam to talk aboUt why he voted me despot calling me town going into the night.

Ignore Macmam unless he owns up.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hey Alakaslam, what is your take on all this?

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Rajam's death cannot be explained very neatly without a Kira in that suspiciously large group. Your disinterest in having that aspect examined doesn't reflect well on you; Kira would know it's just a matter of process of elimination before he's caught if we focus on those individuals. Even if you're not it, the chances of him dying the next Day are incredibly high if we follow up on your flip.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Rajam's death cannot be explained very neatly without a Kira in that suspiciously large group. Your disinterest in having that aspect examined doesn't reflect well on you; Kira would know it's just a matter of process of elimination before he's caught if we focus on those individuals. Even if you're not it, the chances of him dying the next Day are incredibly high if we follow up on your flip.
I donMt think he claimed PR in the group.

So if they did, it was off name alone.

Top Bottom