• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Death Note Mafia - Game Thread - Ovah

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
Hijole bats what happened

No serious the mutually exclusive thing is real. Kush is not a fool.

TL people I mean the kuzinator but that was too funny a connection to pass up

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
batsnacks

define "mason" in mafia terms

then define "neighbor" in mafia terms

and tell me whether multiple players in one group at the beginning of the game is more likely indicative of the former or the latter
100% the :ws: to Gorf here; see a scum can neighbor a town etc etc. it is really fun to be that scum btw

batsnacks

Smash Apprentice
MY GAMING EXPERIENCE

##HOST

@slam listen to what I mean, not what I say

I'm right even when I get the words wrong.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Lol that's Kush??? I've never seen him be this aggressive. 0.o

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Dude the argument is that claiming early on d1, regardless of role, is bad. idgaf what the role is.

I'm voting the guy I am voting because he wants people to claim and can't be ***** to explain why until there are more opinions on the board, presumably so he can sheep them and remove some of the accountability from himself in pushing an obvious scum agenda.

If you can convince me claiming as either mason or neighbor is a good idea, ever, this early on d1 I'll leave it alone. but you can't. because it's not.
he wants people to claim? the only player ive seen advocate that is real gamer, other than that ive seen an attempt at open queries about it, which rings to me just as scummy as kyryk asking for people to give him a number so he can rng vote in post 1 (hint: not scummy at all). outline his expressed desire FOR claims to be made n ill give you that. if not ill call you mechanical n push for a connection between you and real gamer upon a scumgamer flip.

batsnacks

Smash Apprentice
he wants people to claim? the only player ive seen advocate that is real gamer, other than that ive seen an attempt at open queries about it, which rings to me just as scummy as kyryk asking for people to give him a number so he can rng vote in post 1 (hint: not scummy at all). outline his expressed desire FOR claims to be made n ill give you that. if not ill call you mechanical n push for a connection between you and real gamer upon a scumgamer flip.
I think you and I will get along :bee:
I agree that this may be a good idea
He was replying to mac

#HBC | Gorf

100% the :ws: to Gorf here; see a scum can neighbor a town etc etc. it is really fun to be that scum btw
the question was whether or not a multiman group of players existing and having access to communication with each other outside of the thread, regardless of alignment, would be indicative of a masonry or a neighborhood. now if a scummy was in that group itd definitely be a neighborhood, since here masonries are typically DEFINED as confirm'd town with each other, but thats aside the original point.

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
the question was whether or not a multiman group of players existing and having access to communication with each other outside of the thread, regardless of alignment, would be indicative of a masonry or a neighborhood. now if a scummy was in that group itd definitely be a neighborhood, since here masonries are typically DEFINED as confirm'd town with each other, but thats aside the original point.
Yes. I have indeed seen a masonry with scum at it's helm though, a sort of recruiting masonry. It gets crazy. But neighborhoods sometimes have like the whole scumteam + a couple town, and it is either hell or supreme glory to be those town

But this is digression. Bats this game is very complex, imagine Zenny is GreYMisT having come to Smashboards. There are items, non-mason extra game chats, mason groups, triggers (things that activate unforeseen events), possibly a Paranoid Gun Owner, or mad hatters- although unlikely.

Also, for more type of stuff to read up on, read Foundation Mafia on TL at some point. RAYN ruined it but whatever, the host fleshed out the awesome that was that game's potential quite well. This is a game of that caliber.

#HBC | Gorf

He was replying to mac
oh. okay ill give you that. i still think merit exists to claiming whether or not people have outside communications in and of itself, like maintaining a reasonable track record in thread, unlocking more secrets to the setup, etc. but unless you think the scum team is openly willing to disclose their comfort of gaining that morsel of information this early in order to know wHo To KiLl AnD wHeN IN THREAD, no less, then your outlook is flawed. if they asked for nameclaims or who theyre partnered with thats one thing, but i dont think scumreading them for that tidbit alone holds any weight.

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
OKAY HERE IS HOW IT WENT DOWN THIS IS THE LAST TIME:

FIRST mac said:

THEN rinoke said:

Either I can't read.... or they are saying people should claim.
Operative words: "if they have access to outside communications"

This can actually be very good.

Let's say I am BLAZINGHAND, master of WIFOM. I am scum, and I am in a chat with Kita and Marv.

Kush comes outta nowhere like "I am scrooge ALLL the masons should claim and btw lynch slam policy kthx"

And marv/Kita do.

They both know someone's not claiming, because their group had 3 ppl and only two outside chat claims.

BH in a bad spot Sson.

So he is forced to claim, or his influence is compromised. Now BH has two places to Phux up.

batsnacks

Smash Apprentice
oh. okay ill give you that. i still think merit exists to claiming whether or not people have outside communications in and of itself, like maintaining a reasonable track record in thread, unlocking more secrets to the setup, etc. but unless you think the scum team is openly willing to disclose their comfort of gaining that morsel of information this early in order to know wHo To KiLl AnD wHeN IN THREAD, no less, then your outlook is flawed. if they asked for nameclaims or who theyre partnered with thats one thing, but i dont think scumreading them for that tidbit alone holds any weight.
You know how I know you're bsing? You said "etc." as a reason for why claiming at the beginning of d1 is a good idea.

Maintaining a reasonable track record in the thread? What?

Unlocking more secrets to the setup? What?

"etc." ??? WHAT?

Claiming can -only- hurt town this early on because it paints them as a target. If scum claims it doesn't hurt them at all, it just gives them the slightest bit extra cred. to their name. So why claim?

batsnacks

Smash Apprentice
Operative words: "if they have access to outside communications"

This can actually be very good.

Let's say I am BLAZINGHAND, master of WIFOM. I am scum, and I am in a chat with Kita and Marv.

Kush comes outta nowhere like "I am scrooge ALLL the masons should claim and btw lynch slam policy kthx"

And marv/Kita do.

They both know someone's not claiming, because their group had 3 ppl and only two outside chat claims.

BH in a bad spot Sson.

So he is forced to claim, or his influence is compromised. Now BH has two places to Phux up.
I don't follow. Why doesn't BH just plynch slam like kita and marv?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
no need to further engage batsnacks on this particular topic.. he'll understand eventually

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
dood kuz is ACTUALLY playing

what do people think of bat harpin on the people who are looking for peoples opinions on early claiming... while CONVENIENTLY AVOIDING real gamers approval of the claim game?

-obligatory agreeing with the real gamer route-

kuz whats your take on the slamma jamma haters?

Let's play a game, my friend. Flip a coin. Heads, you tell me, "Garg, I am terrible at mafia and am reaching ridiculously hard to paint a player in a negative light who doesn't deserve to be. I want to apologize for making so many stupidass comments that shouldn't be listened to by anyone. I'm sorry."

Tails? You say, "I'm scum."

I don't buy these quotes and I'm depressed and shocked that no one else in the thread challenged you on them because they're terrible. So, are you really this atrocious at mafia, Gorf?

FOS: Gorf

batsnacks

Smash Apprentice
Why don't we make it a little more obvious who the people with access to out of thread comms are, eh? ffs

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer

Let's play a game, my friend. Flip a coin. Heads, you tell me, "Garg, I am terrible at mafia and am reaching ridiculously hard to paint a player in a negative light who doesn't deserve to be. I want to apologize for making so many stupidass comments that shouldn't be listened to by anyone. I'm sorry."

Tails? You say, "I'm scum."

I don't buy these quotes and I'm depressed and shocked that no one else in the thread challenged you on them because they're terrible. So, are you really this atrocious at mafia, Gorf?

FOS: Gorf
while the 2 face shtick was whack as hell, I agree with this sentiment

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Silence: Batsnack

the mod will be letting everyone know shortly that batsnacks can't talk for the rest of the day.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
LET IT BE KNOWN TO EVERYONE IN THIS THREAD, AND I WILL QUOTE THiS IN ENDGAME WHEN I'M RIGHT, IF EITHER GORF OR GARG FLIPS SCUM, THE OTHER IS ALSO SCUM

more real gamer votes though

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
ran mac provisional crew crew.

alak needs to stop talking about stupid setup things or offsite inside jokes and give me reads.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
And which route is that and why?
Whether we actually end up claiming or not is irrelevant to me; I'm much more interested in how people responded to the question (which is why I went neutral).

But since you asked I'd personally prefer not to claim this early.

Also, are Mac and Ronike town for asking those things? Also, curious that you liked my above post.
I can see town intent in asking questions to get reactions out of people, regardless of what said question is. Just look at all of this beautiful discussion we've gotten out of it, though this wagon on me is crappy

I "liked" your post cause I agreed with it? Bat was hella quick to jump on Ronike before anyone else even had a chance to respond to his post.

I think you're scum trying to play to the audience while seeming agreeable on a surface level without actually providing opinions yourself. You match that profile.

##The Real Gamer
For the record I always "play the audience" regardless of my alignment since it usually leads to me lasting longer, but fair enough.

only player ive seen advocate that is real gamer,
Huh? Where did I say I actually WANTED people to claim?
I'd that's the route we want to take.
Gorf y u reaching brah?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
TRG can you put a vote down?

since reaching a majority doesn't activate a lynch I don't think anyone has an excuse for not having a vote on someone

Top Bottom