• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Death Note Mafia - Game Thread - Ovah

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
##Alakaslam

Thanks TRG, good to know I have a fellow Broomer whose got my back. :laugh:

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
The claiming thing is stupid and I refuse to partake in it. It gives them more information that I don't necessary in divulging. Why don't we all just collectively bend over and ask the scum to stick it in while we're at it? What garbage.
:rolleyes:

batsnacks

Smash Apprentice
##unvote
##Ronike

Claiming literally only benefits scum. you're getting voted as long as you're pushing an obvious mafia agenda.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
ronike already said he would explain, and that he has a reason but he wants ppl to post their opinions first. why dont you give him the benefit of the doubt for like a ****in day and wait for him to give the reason. If it's a ****ty reason in retrospect then you can get on his ass for it. there's absolutely 0 harm in letting others speak up about it first

@ batsnacks batsnacks you should totally be voting for me and not ronike since i'm the one who brought it up in the first place and ignored your and @ KyryK KyryK 's questions

batsnacks

Smash Apprentice
I am arguing that there is -zero- reason for claiming that benefits town in any way.

Try again.

KyryK

Smash Cadet
Oh boy, Mafia. :bee: Let's see how bad the rust is...

##KyryK
The hell even is this? Randoming to start conversation is one thing, but what possible reason could you have to eliminate 3 players from a random list? 2 could be a masonry, but you are not in a masonry with 3 people, or at least not three people of whom you know their names.

Explain better, show that you are better, or I'm perfectly happy to sit like this.
Already said, reactions. I made sure to post something that would get picked up on. If you're looking for a better explanation you're going to be disappointed. What makes you think i could be in a masonry with people who's names i don't know?

batsnacks

Smash Apprentice
i know what you're arguing and even if you're right, why not let other ppl speak up about it first?
Because nothing he says will be acceptable so long as he's advocating claiming.

And I would vote you but unfortunately I can only do one at a time.

You're in every bit as deep with me as him.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
I am arguing that there is -zero- reason for claiming that benefits town in any way.

Try again.
You're still castrating town of having other people's opinions on record. Mac isn't going anywhere. I don't know where you're from, but you're moving 100 mph when we need to gather information. What I'm trying to say is that you should let the thread breathe and at least let people comment on it before going for someone's jugular without understand the full extent of their reasoning.

batsnacks

Smash Apprentice
You're still castrating town of having other people's opinions on record. Mac isn't going anywhere. I don't know where you're from, but you're moving 100 mph when we need to gather information. What I'm trying to say is that you should let the thread breathe and at least let people comment on it before going for someone's jugular without understand the full extent of their reasoning.
What does it matter what someone's reasons are if they are fundamentally wrong???

Like who gives a ****?

I don't have to let anyone breathe if they're breathing wrong and incapable of doing it right.

KyryK

Smash Cadet
ronike already said he would explain, and that he has a reason but he wants ppl to post their opinions first. why dont you give him the benefit of the doubt for like a ****in day and wait for him to give the reason. If it's a ****ty reason in retrospect then you can get on his *** for it. there's absolutely 0 harm in letting others speak up about it first

@ batsnacks batsnacks you should totally be voting for me and not ronike since i'm the one who brought it up in the first place and ignored your and @ KyryK KyryK 's questions
If you keep ignoring my questions i will. :p

So why do you seemingly not want people to pressure Ronike? Especially early in the game to get him to contribute more, the fact that he said he would explain later is irrelevant to that.
Also:
So you're just bandwagoning for no reason?
What specifically do you disagree with about Bat's line of questioning?

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
What does it matter what someone's reasons are if they are fundamentally wrong???

Like who gives a ****?
I give a **** because I'm reading people's intent into what they're saying. Being fundamentally wrong does not necessarily equate someone to being scum. If town lynched people who were wrong all the time, the win rate for Town would be 0.

batsnacks

Smash Apprentice
I give a **** because I'm reading people's intent into what they're saying. Being fundamentally wrong does not necessarily equate someone to being scum. If town lynched people who were wrong all the time, the win rate for Town would be 0.
He wants our prs to claim...

What about that being HORRIBLE is so difficult to understand?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
yoooo forgot Ronike was in this game. hype

@ batsnacks batsnacks it'll make fake claims harder in the future. What do you think?
Why worry about the fake claim instead of just playing off day play? What makes this game any different than a regular game where you just wait until the time is right. I agree with Soup as well.

So I'm voting you 1. Because RNG is awful and 2. Your RNG method is game-able and 3. Because I get the feeling you think you look like you're contributing but you're not.
3.) Where did you see this? Why didn't you continue your conversation with him?

It might not yet be confirmed to those within outside-thread communications (if there's one there's probably several in this theme) that it is safe. And that sounds like something that should be discussed within the individual mason group rather than out in the open, with people not in the group(s). If it wasn't, then it might be best to leave it be for now.
I like this.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
@ batsnacks batsnacks i promise you that Ronike and I understand why rolefishing is scummy and that this is not what we're doin. it'll be explained soon enough and all you're doing is giving people a cover for avoiding going on record about it.

vote if you want but you're dragging me / others into an argument that would get resolved if you just waited holy ****. anyways this my last post arguing with you about it

If you keep ignoring my questions i will. :p

So why do you seemingly not want people to pressure Ronike? Especially early in the game to get him to contribute more, the fact that he said he would explain later is irrelevant to that.
Also:
answer to your first q is yes
answer to your second q is in my post that you quoted (and every subsequent post since then)

batsnacks

Smash Apprentice
@ batsnacks batsnacks i promise you that Ronike and I understand why rolefishing is scummy and that this is not what we're doin. it'll be explained soon enough and all you're doing is giving people a cover for avoiding going on record about it.

vote if you want but you're dragging me / others into an argument that would get resolved if you just waited holy ****. anyways this my last post arguing with you about it

answer to your first q is yes
answer to your second q is in my post that you quoted (and every subsequent post since then)
So you're speaking for Ronike and yourself and you're saying that role fishing is scummy, but you guys are fine with doing it anyway. Even though it's scummy and you know it's scummy.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Already said, reactions. I made sure to post something that would get picked up on. If you're looking for a better explanation you're going to be disappointed. What makes you think i could be in a masonry with people who's names i don't know?
Fine, getting reactions. I Very honestly thing there are better ways you could go about it, but w/e

No, the thing I want more explanation about is why 1-14? I just very honestly don't even understand how you possibly could be eliminating 3 people, and ONLY 3 people, from a vote, so unless you tell me why, the only reason I can see is that which you gave: eliminating your scum friends from a random voting process. Hence the vote.

:love: this post.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
worst rvs ive seen on smashboards
I'm voting ##Alakaslam cause those first few posts gave me a headache.

@ Holder of the Heel Holder of the Heel you spelt his name wrong btw.

In terms of claiming I'm down I'd that's the route we want to take.
##real gamer

upon scum flip heel town, probably

i have an ability to immediately hammer the majority lynch so lets get to it chop chop

Damdred

Smash Rookie
@ Damdred Damdred , how come you were viewing the thread but you've yet to post?
Yeah, I was reading the thread while I was on the road and did not want to post until I was on my computer.

This RNG on me is pretty funny especially since it isn't a real RNG at all, just pick random number that can be gamed 100% of the time and i took out three people for no reason.This isn't even a good conversation starter as it can only be negatively motivated the point of RNG is to have everyone there and rng into everyone instead of gaming the system so stupid.

Obviously I agree with Bats that power roles should not claim, it just gives scum a kill order who to go over and gives them reasonable room to fake claim in a closed setup.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
oh, you right.

you gotta bold your vote though, like this:
##the real gamer

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
The route that provides the most discussion.

I don't understand the point of putting votes on someone for trying to get opinions. Asking people if they want to claim and telling people to claim are 2 different things.
And which route is that and why? Also, are Mac and Ronike town for asking those things? Also, curious that you liked my above post.

I think you're scum trying to play to the audience while seeming agreeable on a surface level without actually providing opinions yourself. You match that profile.

##The Real Gamer

Ronike

Smash Ace
Obviously I agree with Bats that power roles should not claim, it just gives scum a kill order who to go over and gives them reasonable room to fake claim in a closed setup.
We aren't asking for power claims. Just people that have access to outside communications. Bats is just crazy :awesome:

So yeah, does that change your opinion at all?

batsnacks

Smash Apprentice
WTF is this game

WTF are people claiming

If you have access to outside comms you are a mason and that is a town pr

WTF don't you know that

Damdred

Smash Rookie
Batsnacks is always insane I fear, its part of his appeal.

However if its basically just the outside communications claim, I would still hesitate to say claim now. I would probably wait till a member is in danger of being lynched and try not to shrink the pool that scum would shoot into. If that makes sense, later it would be beneficial but now its better to wait I think.

And does this hammer on majority lynch in this ability automatically end the day phase?

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
cuz like all i see happening is that real mason both talk about lying that they dont have masonry and then when they actually claim they were masons dumbtown swarms and lynches them in endgame for no reason.

or because i just said that scum gets the idea and rides that to a win. idk. just creates a lot of wifom from my pov

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
and knowing flavor, who the **** knows what kind of wonky connections exist outside of thread. would surprise me if undisclosed alignment chatrooms exists where someoneone gets ****ed over cuz they thought they were talking to a townie but then they flip scum

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
wouldnt*

also can someone give me a quick run down of what has happened since i left. so many new faces and none posting with an intelligence level higher than that of our favorite counterclaim dayvig

batsnacks

Smash Apprentice
cuz like all i see happening is that real mason both talk about lying that they dont have masonry and then when they actually claim they were masons dumbtown swarms and lynches them in endgame for no reason.

or because i just said that scum gets the idea and rides that to a win. idk. just creates a lot of wifom from my pov
Anyone lynching an uncced pr, especially a mason, deserves to lose. Im not going to risk playing suboptimally just because people may or may not be too dumb to do the right thing.

Top Bottom