• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Death by Scratchboard

squirrelhunter17

Smash Journeyman

Scratchboard of my death concept that I made at the beginning of the summer.

Done for my illustration media class.

7+ hours

And

Also done for my Illustration Media class.

We had to draw a fish in pen and ink and include a letter in the composition.

Pen and Ink, Ink Wash.

5+ hours.

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
Wow, these are really good, I can't decide which one I like better. While the fish has better detail, the monster-thing is alot cooler looking. A good Brawl character :p

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
Crap, I forgot to comment on this. The scratchboard one is awesome, great cross-hatching. My only nit-pick is that his right arm looks a bit too thick in comparison to the left one.

And the fish is good also, though the negative space in the middle of the fish is bugging me.

It's cool to see you doing all sorts of different mediums. Keep it up!

squirrelhunter17

Smash Journeyman
Thanks!

It was hard to really get at that arm, because the angles on it already looked screwy, and messing with it might only hurt. But I got a "B" for it, so no worries.

As for the fish, I think I relied to much on the photograph I had and not enough on my own sense of lighting, thus the mass of black in the center.

squirrelhunter17

Smash Journeyman
"All the better to eat you with"

Little Red Riding Hood.

Fairy Tale Project for Illustration Class.

EEvisu

Smash Lord
I liked the ones in color the best they have a nice sci fi feel to them, good work

Hiemie

BRoomer
BRoomer
Squirrel, I like your art. A lot. Ever interested in the world of sequential art?

Please go to entervoid.com and check it out.

saberhof

Smash Master
so much awsomeness squirrelhunter17 the first drawing kind of reminds me of jack xD, all of them rock. :bigthumbu

squirrelhunter17

Smash Journeyman

just some inky fun, I wanted to draw her naked, but the body suit looked so much awesomer. (yes, awesomer)

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
Cool new stuff, for the most part. There are a lot of proportional things bugging me about the latest one, and the structure just looks altogether shabby imo. I like the betrayal one though, nice colours, and nice saggy boobs, although it's not really apparent that she only has one arm.

Also, one thing that I have noticed in a lot of your humans, especially females, is that you tend to elongate things a lot, making them very skinny/lanky, especially in the torso. I dunno, try drawing a whole bunch of short chubby characters to try to get it out of your system.

mkmelee

Smash Lord
Awesome pictures. The first technical stuff is great but could be better. A few of the pen drawings look really rough shading wise. The shading doesn't seem to show realistic form, and like fdv said, the proportions in the torso are a bit elongated. The coloured pieces are very nice though. What medium did you use for the face?

squirrelhunter17

Smash Journeyman

"I am Wan Shi Tong, he who knows ten-thousand things, and you are obviously humans, which by the way are no longer welcome in my study"

Acrylic, 1 hr.

Swil

Smash Apprentice
You have a nice variety of work, and the coloured pieces have nice depth to them, Your proportions are sometimes akward, but other than that this stuff is good.

squirrelhunter17

Smash Journeyman

I wasnt going for bushy as much as I was going for a feathery rutter, but as long as its cute...

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
Oh snap! Nice detail, and you managed to keep the form of it and stuff. I'm not sure about the positioning of the eye. Is it meant to be that far forward?

The Original Oats

Smash Apprentice
I personally like all your works of art squirrel, the detail is really amazing. When i get a scanner i too will post most of my artwork........... anyways keep the good work up.

DRD

Smash Lord
Cool, you go to conceptart as well?

I'm liking what I see, there aren't a whole lot of us traditional artists here on smashboards, it's mostly sigmakers.

Top Bottom