• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Death by Scratchboard

Ami

Smash Ace
Your sketchies are still excellent.
However, I think you could work on beautifying the faces. They work with the rest of the picture well, but if I needed to suggest an area that I think needs to be worked on, I'd say the faces. For example, on this picture, the women's face looks a little flat, a little ... cartoon-y? I don't really know what the right word is.
Very nice job on the folds of the dress and applying lighting and shadows.
Love your work; can't wait until you post more!

squirrelhunter17

Smash Journeyman
Do the Mesozoic dance

And party like it's the Triassic Era.

The Archaeopteryx, one of my first favorite dinosaurs, born and lived in the late Jurassic period. It only grew to about the size of a small crow. Credited as the first bird in the evolutionary tree.

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
Your lines are still quite ragged and sketchy. Work on making more confident strokes, and loosening up with that a bit more. It's hard to do straight away, but with practise it comes.

And I love the hair.

squirrelhunter17

Smash Journeyman

They stared in awe of her beauty, the mesmerizing, fluid motions of her make-shift wings, the eyes of her enchanted mask. They could not look away. They could not realize that from behind her mask, she was staring back at them, she could see their deaths, only moments away, by her own hands. They'd soon learn that the dragon-masked woman was not merely the object of their affections, but their angel of death.

squirrelhunter17

Smash Journeyman
Ulysses and The Hydra

We all know the story of The Odyssey. I just felt like doing something for the greatest epic ever told

so, quick paint sketch, 45 minutes to an hour, Painter 9.

squirrelhunter17

Smash Journeyman

And the water flowed with the blood of her targets. She simply smiled, and loved every second of it. This time, she only needed one of her deadly knives

squirrelhunter17

Smash Journeyman

For Illustration class, First of three illustrations.
Little Red Riding Hood, strolling through the forest, on her way to her dear old grandmother. It seems granny has fallen ill and needs Red to bring food.
Acrylic, 8 hours.

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh, he's gorgeous n_n I love his little beardy, quite charming : D The shading on the muscles around his chest and legs is really lovely as well, his feet seem a tad big too me, but gorgeous otherwise ^^

squirrelhunter17

Smash Journeyman

I'll never forget that dance, nor the dancer. More like an artist of motion really. Her movements were angry and vicious, yet elegant and poetic. Her chain provided the only music she needed and it seemed to follow her lead. She had a complete mastery of her craft. She was a rose in her own right, a rose with a very large deadly thorn...

This dancer and http://www.deviantart.com/view/50723337/ are one and the same... I think at this point I should really come up with a name for her...

squirrelhunter17

Smash Journeyman

Nono-chan from Gunbuster 2(a.k.a Aim for the Top2, a.k.a Diebuster2) possibly the most awesome actiony thing from Gainax.

BTW, I did all of the coloring with a mouse because I lost the pen to my tablet. And now my hand is trying to choke me...

30 min, pencil
2 hrs, Photoshop.

mkmelee

Smash Lord
Impressive works. I especially like the litte red riding hood illustration. Very nice pallete of colours and the environment is very well painted.

mkmelee

Smash Lord
How so? I feel that my art teacher makes my art work turn badly as well, with very short deadlines, and thousands of things going on at once, I never feel like I get the opportunity to perfect anything.

squirrelhunter17

Smash Journeyman
he made me change the shadows of the bushes, and change how the wolf looks. (I didn't post the changed version online)

Artistry

Smash Apprentice
A lot of your drawings are floating; they have no background. You should try to put more things in the background, because it can make your pieces really stand out.

Recently, your anatomy has been drastically improving. That's really good. On the face, however, you tend to either shy away from it by making it in a strange position or you put a mask on it. You should try detailed drawings of the face. Not saying you shouldn't have people with masks or people with dinosaur faces, just you should incorporate the face more. The face is powerful. Remember that. Your hands are well drawn, and most of the heads on your figures are proportionate. Great.

I also like how you make your pieces look dirty, like with faded edges and sides.

Keep it up; I like your figure drawings... they're my favorite of your works.

squirrelhunter17

Smash Journeyman
Thanks saberhof, artistry.

I've been really trying to get my faces to look better, and I may post some new stuff tonight. As for backgrounds, I just get lazy and tend to ignore them, but I'm confident that I can create them as long as I care to do them.

and it's good to know I have fans :D

squirrelhunter17

Smash Journeyman
let me guees 3rd strike?, best SF ever....could you make me one of ken from that game? >.> :D

Absolutely 3rd Strike! and I dont normally take requests, but I'll see what I can do (honestly, I'm trying to get paid for my work, so chances are low)

saberhof

Smash Master
hmm, well thats cool, ONE day someone will request a ken from sf3rdstrike drawing, and you will remember ME!!...muahaha xD

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
Woah, huge improvement in this stuff, I like the pencil sketches especially, but the problem is that pretty much of your stuff still looks like just that, sketches, and you still have some pretty feathery linework. I would love to see you try a completely different style; a really clean, finished piece, with clean, solid inked lines, solid colour cell shading, and lots of really fine detail.

Top Bottom