• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dearest Captain Falcons

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Because I love you and because I love thinly veiled attempts to get 500 posts I have decided to share a technique that will help CF. Not as much as it will help ZSS, but, well, here:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=235429

Read this thread. Captain Falcon can perform this on heavyweights when his Dash Attack is decayed according to testers on the ZSS IRC. I'm no CF expert and don't have access to the frame data but I'm all about metagame advancement and if there's any chance that it can help you guys, you should really look into it.

noradseven claims it can also combo into jabs and grabs etc.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Nahh you only need a 2-3 hits of it being on the stack for it to work on some of the heavier characters like snake, and it will work for 3-4 free hits. This is still assumptions Im no CF player and I didn't thoroughly test it, but it seems like I may be wrong, could of just been a fluke.

False alarm probably, you guys can mess around with it if you want.

but yeah if you buffer it you can combo n-air first hit into dash attack.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Nahh you only need a 2-3 hits of it being on the stack for it to work on some of the heavier characters like snake, and it will work for 3-4 free hits. This is still assumptions Im no CF player and I didn't thoroughly test it, but it seems like I may be wrong, could of just been a fluke.
Still some more experienced CF players should test it out and see what you guys come up with, you're the only character we could even get it to remotely happen with other than ZSS.

Also woot 500.

Ree301

Smash Apprentice
well, this sounds like another too good to be true technique but i'll check it out. thanks much SFP.
and player-3, ouch.

DoB04

Smash Journeyman
although it may not work 100%, i usually am able to get in a few dash attacks one after the other, specially if they miss techs...

DoB04

Smash Journeyman
haha there too... ive done it in brawl a few times... just their fault for not escaping lol... and knee we have to wifi again sometime Dx

Mit

Smash Ace
I chain 'em together in Brawl a lot too. It seems to work more often I think because of how much people take Falcon for granted. You might dash attack them, and then instead of dodging or teching like they should, they simply try to react in the air and attack or something, and you can usually squeeze in more dash attacks until they finally learn their lesson.

As far as hitting with the butt-end of decayed dash attacks, I think that's something to investigate the effects of (although it might just end up with our opponents standing next to us while we finish the ending lag of dash attacks).

Hiza

Smash Apprentice
The relatively low priority of this move prevents me from relying on it. Reliance on decay also lends a logic to this concept as being irrefutably situational. A situational play style or move set prevents complete acquisition of versatility as a player- a well documented necessity as a Falcon main. Its a matter of efficiency. Inclusion of such techniques could never be construed as extraneous, but can theoretically adhere to a technical modus operandi that includes too large a number of applicable scenarios, thus causing a wane in computational, calculative, and artificial efficiency.

A fine contribution nonetheless.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
The relatively low priority of this move prevents me from relying on it. Reliance on decay also lends a logic to this concept as being irrefutably situational. A situational play style or move set prevents complete acquisition of versatility as a player- a well documented necessity as a Falcon main. Its a matter of efficiency. Inclusion of such techniques could never be construed as extraneous, but can theoretically adhere to a technical modus operandi that includes too large a number of applicable scenarios, thus causing a wane in computational, calculative, and artificial efficiency.

A fine contribution nonetheless.
Why can a picture this kid sitting at his computer with a thesaurus in his lap?...

Anyway, you're correct. This would take so much setting up that by the time you can use the DA Buffering you may have accumulated as much (if not more) damage yourself! But if anyone can think of a way to perfect this I'm all ears.

Hiza

Smash Apprentice
I'm an English and Applied Linguistics major. A thesaurus would be obsolete.

Hiza

Smash Apprentice
becoming a law student or entering medical school is the safest move anyone could make here in america, so props for that. Im delivering pizza by day and reading late era Shyakyamuni Buddhist manuscripts by night, my degree will never be as useful as one in law or medicine as law or medicine. Noone cares if you can read gaelic or understand basic latin philosophies. For all of you in high school right now, have a backup plan if your careerpath isnt a fiscally evident one.

"The Sage oft knows the makes of this world, but to the lay oft seeks for naught. Naught of riches nor of stock"

-John Ronald Reuel Tolkien

Top Bottom