• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dear Snakes...

Arrows

Smash Journeyman
Anytime. It just bugged me when a top snake gets hit by metaknight cause they DACUSed.

Back to my metaknight/wolf maining!

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
The worse is Dacus against DDD only to have him grab me out of it. Not even a shield grab. He just stood there and grabed. I try to use it to close space, i.e. a bair hit opponent to opposite side of FD - Dacus to close the distance and start setting up my edge guard. But I won't lie, I can cut down on it.

Arrows

Smash Journeyman
The DACUS I'm targeting is when
your dash attack into their shield and you upsmash out of habit. Which of course gets you punished cause they just drop shield and walk up and smash you.

ErikG

Smash Ace
Well dash attacking into a shield is generally terrible. It gets me shield grabbed 90% of the time.

OnlyUseMeNades

Smash Journeyman
I didn't realize that...

But it's so fun to slide! I seriously did the whole Subspace Emissary with my DACUS

But maybe I'll use it less

I think if they shield your dash attack, the best thing to do is do an upsmash so you're farther away. Sometimes they drop shield too soon and get hit by the upsmash as wel

I don't use DACUS a lot tbh. It gets predictable which makes it punishable if you spam it too much >_>

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
Yea this is very true, I'm pretty guilty of it also. It's not a great idea in Snake dittos if Snake opponent is at low % because then they can Bair you while you're usmashing.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I actually imagine snake being on roller skates a lot, like, he just picked that up from fatman, skate around and drop bombs everywhere

Max113

Smash Apprentice
The rule for dacus is to simply not use it against people who have relatively fast OoS options. :p

Top Bottom