• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dear Rumors: Suck it. Love From Sakurai

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
lol edit r broked agian guyz

I await the day when you will suffer the same fate as the IC deniers.
I'm not so much against Sheik as I am against her being a transformation of Zelda. Really, having TP Zelda transform into Sheik will make about as much sense as TP Link transforming into Deku Link.

That, and both Zelda and Sheik suffered so badly from the nerf bat in Melee because of being the same characters. Samus is already going to suffer the same fate, I'd rather not two sets of characters be entirely gimp because of it.

It's true that I do not like Sheik, however, she is a unique character in Melee and deserves to stay as much as Ice Climbers and Game and Watch.

She should just be a stand-alone character.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
Um the fact that the IC are together is 100% gimmick. In the original NES game they never :teamed up", you could do the same thing with ANY two player simultaneous game.

And they better get rid of wobbling.
When have Mario and Luigi actually played "together"? All the Mario Bros. games I've played, you can alternate between them, but they never play at the same time. Midna + Link would act as one character. And honestly, who wants any form of Pichu to return (all right, I don't actually know who the Pichu Bros. are, but I'd much rather see a more interesting pokemon rather than a mini version of Pikachu)? Sonic and Tails would make sense, but who's to say that they are deconfirmed just because the Ice Climbers are back?*

Oh, and trust me, you can't truely hate wobbling until you've fell victim to it. :psycho:

*If it were up to Sega, they'd probably want Sonic as the character, not the Sonic + Tails pair as they were in the earlier games.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
lol edit r broked agian guyz

I'm not so much against Sheik as I am against her being a transformation of Zelda. Really, having TP Zelda transform into Sheik will make about as much sense as TP Link transforming into Deku Link.

That, and both Zelda and Sheik suffered so badly from the nerf bat in Melee because of being the same characters. Samus is already going to suffer the same fate, I'd rather not two sets of characters be entirely gimp because of it.

It's true that I do not like Sheik, however, she is a unique character in Melee and deserves to stay as much as Ice Climbers and Game and Watch.

She should just be a stand-alone character.
off topic srry

but wouldnt that change the orign of his background? (yes I call Sheik a guy)

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
And honestly, who wants any form of Pichu to return (all right, I don't actually know who the Pichu Bros. are, but I'd much rather see a more interesting pokemon rather than a mini version of Pikachu)?*
Agreed.

The idea of more Pikachu/Pichu clones really bothers me. Pokemon is a series full of diverse creatures. More electric rats just doesn't fairly represent that. Eh. Having Pichu as a Pokemon in the games isn't such a bad thing, it's just he isn't and never was deserving of a spot in the Smash series.

I really hope that Ice Climbers remain the only duo character.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
When have Mario and Luigi actually played "together"? All the Mario Bros. games I've played, you can alternate between them, but they never play at the same time. Midna + Link would act as one character. And honestly, who wants any form of Pichu to return (all right, I don't actually know who the Pichu Bros. are, but I'd much rather see a more interesting pokemon rather than a mini version of Pikachu)? Sonic and Tails would make sense, but who's to say that they are deconfirmed just because the Ice Climbers are back?*

Oh, and trust me, you can't truely hate wobbling until you've fell victim to it. :psycho:

*If it were up to Sega, they'd probably want Sonic as the character, not the Sonic + Tails pair as they were in the earlier games.
I would be laughing my @$$ off If i was a victem of wobbling LOL

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
By the way, I just had I thought, remember the cinema scene where Peach and Zelda get trapped in cages? Why didn't Zelda transform into Sheik to try to get out? I figure that if Sheik was in the game, she would do something of the sort. All the evidence seems to be pointing towards Sheik being in the game (yes, I know about the Game Informer interview, it doesn't confirm anything...).
Ummm... Zelda can FREAKIN' TELEPORT!!! Why wouldn't she just do that to get out? Probably because she can't for some reason. So if she couldn't simply "magic" herself out of there, why would she even attempt changing her clothes and throwing a smoke bomb?

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Ummm... Zelda can FREAKIN' TELEPORT!!! Why wouldn't she just do that to get out? Probably because she can't for some reason. So if she couldn't simply "magic" herself out of there, why would she even attempt changing her clothes and throwing a smoke bomb?
maybe the cage has an anti magic lock on it....ok now im getting off topic (^^)v

Avengeants

Smash Rookie
lol, or they would make a baby, throw it through the bars, have it raised as a warrior and have it save them!

AVENGEANCE!

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Anyway.... yeah... Iceys... *rawr*

Is there a 'They're confirmed now so suck it' thread in character discussion someone could refer me to?
You're in it...

lol, or they would make a baby, throw it through the bars, have it raised as a warrior and have it save them!

AVENGEANCE!
NO! EW! They're brother and sister, you fool! The only warrior they would be able to come up with is one born with severe birth defects resulting in the cross breeding of two people having similar chromosomes.

So basically, your "warrior" would be a knee-high, hammer-brandishing ****** with down syndrome.

burrito

Smash Lord
Good point. Still, I find it strange they would introduce Zelda without her transforming into sheik at all in story mode.

Avengeants

Smash Rookie
You're in it...

NO! EW! They're brother and sister, you fool! The only warrior they would be able to come up with is one born with severe birth defects resulting in the cross breeding of two people having similar chromosomes.

So basically, your "warrior" would be a knee-high, hammer-brandishing ****** with down syndrome.
1: This one doesn't have as many haters to flame and

2: You mean Gimli? Gimli right? I'm pretty sure he could kill petey piranha

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Good point. Still, I find it strange they would introduce Zelda without her transforming into sheik at all in story mode.
What? In only one 45sec cutscene that she barely had a part in, other than running (and teleporting, which is a faster means of transportation) to the start of the battle. You couldn't choose Sheik to start a match in Melee, you have to start as Zelda (unless you know the secret button). I'm assuming they'll keep the same formula in Brawl. And plus, that's not the whole Adventure Mode. Sheik will still have plenty of opportunities to get some face time.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
Or they could desynch -> Solo Squall + Blizzard. After chewing a pack of dentyne ice, Nana would be able to freeze the bars and Popo could spin around with his hammer flailing outwards in effort to break them.

Of course, the reason none of these work is because the cages are located on a three dimensional plane. How are they supposed to move around in the cutscene when their depth is no greater than that of a singularity?

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Of course, the reason none of these work is because the cages are located on a three dimensional plane. How are they supposed to move around in the cutscene when their depth is no greater than that of a singularity?
Of course! It all makes sense now! The reason Peach and Zelda can't escape is because from the way Petey is holding the cages, there's one bar on either side of them blocking their only two escape paths.
"Oh no, Zelda! We're trapped! In this world... we can't walk AROUND things!"

Question:
Why don't they just smash down on the control stick and fall through the cage?

burrito

Smash Lord
What? In only one 45sec cutscene that she barely had a part in, other than running (and teleporting, which is a faster means of transportation) to the start of the battle. You couldn't choose Sheik to start a match in Melee, you have to start as Zelda (unless you know the secret button). I'm assuming they'll keep the same formula in Brawl. And plus, that's not the whole Adventure Mode. Sheik will still have plenty of opportunities to get some face time.
Actually, there were two cut scenes so far with Zelda in them. I think that if Zelda transforms into Sheik it is a major part of her moveset. Sheik and Zelda were intended as characters you would often switch between, not as too separate characters that you play... separately. So, I would expect Zelda to be portrayed that way.

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
I'm not sure if someone has mentioned this yet but did anyone notice that Popo is blizzarding but Nana isn't. De-Synches are back!

BTW, I have a feeling wobbling or something similar will continue. Sakurai and nintendo in general may have watched a few professional matches. But I highly doubt they've seen a professional IC player play, and I doubt they know wobbling even exist. So don't be surprised when you see another IC infinite in Brawl.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Actually, there were two cut scenes so far with Zelda in them. I think that if Zelda transforms into Sheik it is a major part of her moveset. Sheik and Zelda were intended as characters you would often switch between, not as too separate characters that you play... separately. So, I would expect Zelda to be portrayed that way.
Well that's not really fair. It's not like we're seeing them fight, we're only watching them pre/post-battle. The only moves used in those two cutscenes were Farore's Wind from Zelda and Peach's Parasol. Mario and Kirby didn't do a thing. That's almost like saying "Mario didn't whip out his F.L.U.D.D. in either of those scenes so he doesn't use it ever."

BTW, I have a feeling wobbling or something similar will continue. Sakurai and nintendo in general may have watched a few professional matches. But I highly doubt they've seen a professional IC player play, and I doubt they know wobbling even exist. So don't be surprised when you see another IC infinite in Brawl.
Yea, because the makers of the game know nothing about what they do. They develop the game, produce, sell, and distribute it en mass, and then cover their eyes until it's time to make the next one. No, they definitely know about Wobbling if we do. If Sakurai asked the fans what they would like to see in Brawl, then he's definitely interested in HOW they play. And I forget where, but in an interview (it could have been in Samurai Panda's translation) he said when he joined Sora he saw that his team played Smash as much as we do, their control-sticks' rubber had worn off and whatnot. And it's not like Wobbling is a secret that only a few people know about or anything, if word gets out about an advanced technique in the Smash community, it's going to get out to everyone.

In summation: Wobbling will be fixed (or at least attempted to be).

Gargomon251

Smash Journeyman
When have Mario and Luigi actually played "together"? All the Mario Bros. games I've played, you can alternate between them, but they never play at the same time.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario_%26_Luigi
LURK MOAR.
Midna + Link would act as one character. And honestly, who wants any form of Pichu to return (all right, I don't actually know who the Pichu Bros. are, but I'd much rather see a more interesting pokemon rather than a mini version of Pikachu)? Sonic and Tails would make sense, but who's to say that they are deconfirmed just because the Ice Climbers are back?*

I was only using examples. The point is, you could do the same team-up aspect with just about any 2 character silmultaneous game, like Ballon Fighters or Dixie Kong and her toddler cousin Kiddy Kong. Other than the two character aspect of Ice Climbers, they have nothing that really makes them stand out from any other character.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
I think with the fact that Nana isn't doing the special hints at the fact that Desynching has been fixed. By weakening Nanas capabilities Desynching becomes less useful and more even.

ChozoChampion

Smash Apprentice
yea im hoping sheik will either be her own character or still be zelda's down special. really i don't even use sheik but some of my friends do. plus ninjas are awsome.

well after todays update though i have a strong feeling we will be getting most of the old chars back. I do feel that we will lose doc and young link simply because there just an alternate version of link and mario. hopefully young link will be replaced with WW link therfore making him more of a seperate character. pichu...i want gone but feel that sakurai may just tweak him for some reason. Roy probably gone too but i think they could split his and marth moves and give them 2 more useful moves to their style. roy could keep counter and the sheild breaker move. while marth keeps sword dance and dolphin slash(unsure if thats correct name and too lazy to check). as for their new moves i have no idea seeing as most FE lords fight the same.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Good thing I swore to myself long ago to never join a Sheik discussion again. Yay!

So, err.

Popo and Nana aren't siblings. Check out the Melee opening... they high-five and there's a little heart and stuff. Everyone knows that only lover-high-fives yield little cartoon hearts.

Gedennnnn

Smash Journeyman
yesum

.... I believe Sakurai is hinting at a final smash where Nana gets tired of being the second banana and goes on an icey smashy killing spree

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Good thing I swore to myself long ago to never join a Sheik discussion again. Yay!

So, err.

Popo and Nana aren't siblings. Check out the Melee opening... they high-five and there's a little heart and stuff. Everyone knows that only lover-high-fives yield little cartoon hearts.
Brotherly love man, cause the ice climbers are definitly related.

.... I believe Sakurai is hinting at a final smash where Nana gets tired of being the second banana and goes on an icey smashy killing spree
Man what could their final smash be?

StarshipGroove

Smash Journeyman
Their final smash should be incest. When used, *censored* and anyone directly looking at them flies offscreen.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Dude, having them have sexy time is already cruel enough for brawlers. And I don't even think they're siblings.

burrito

Smash Lord
Well that's not really fair. It's not like we're seeing them fight, we're only watching them pre/post-battle. The only moves used in those two cutscenes were Farore's Wind from Zelda and Peach's Parasol. Mario and Kirby didn't do a thing. That's almost like saying "Mario didn't whip out his F.L.U.D.D. in either of those scenes so he doesn't use it ever."
I'm just saying that it feels weird to me. I would never use it as definite proof that Sheik isn't returning. I have other reasons to believe that Sheik isn't returning...

0rion

Smash Journeyman
Maybe Sakurai just maybe Sakurai is gonna put Game & Watch on da game after da Ice Climbers. I mean, I guess what he's tryin to do is adding peoples who have little to no game representation. It's like this yo check it, Ice Climbers aren't gonna have any body else comin from there game as playable and neither is Game & Watch. Jus thought I should put it out there.

Top Bottom