• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dear Rumors: Suck it. Love From Sakurai

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
I like Ice-Climbers, but only play as them every so ofter because I don't like guarding nana all the time. But still I'm glad their back, in fact the only ones I don't want to return are Young Link, Pichu, Roy and Doc.

ParamoreRiot

Smash Lord
I like Ice-Climbers, but only play as them every so ofter because I don't like guarding nana all the time. But still I'm glad their back, in fact the only ones I don't want to return are Young Link, Pichu, Roy and Doc.

QFT.

I'd like everyone else to return, especially Ganondorf with a new moveset that incorporates his sword. And if Sonic and Ridley make it in too, I'll be the happiest man alive.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
This season, the Ice Climbers can be seen on the Brawl Red Carpet sporting a fabulously genuine leather and fur outfit. Many PETA members are enraged, but I doubt anyone cares.

I love it.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
One of the most “popular” (see: hated) rumors we’ve heard is one that Celda and Ridley were in Brawl, but with the removal of Ice Climbers and Mr Game and Watch. For the sad few of you who STILL believe this, Sakurai’s revealed Ice Climbers today, and they look AMAZING!
Not to mention that this "helps" G&W's "chances" as well...due to the groupings of the smash icons.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
I'm not sure if someone has mentioned this yet but did anyone notice that Popo is blizzarding but Nana isn't. De-Synches are back!
As much as I would love to see de-synching make a return, in that particular screen, Nana is clearly in the begining animation of Blizzard. This specific shot neither confirms or denies de-synching in brawl.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
Oh crap...

I just thought of something.

If Havoc physics are in Brawl, does that mean they will interact with each other differently than melee?

I mean, we don't see them overlapping each other very much at all. This could pose a threat to their controls. As an ICs player, it might make things more difficult.

I personally hope they play almost exactly the same. God I love ICs.

Chaudgobay

Smash Apprentice
Oh crap...

If Havoc physics are in Brawl, does that mean they will interact with each other differently than melee?

I mean, we don't see them overlapping each other very much at all. This could pose a threat to their controls. As an ICs player, it might make things more difficult.

yeah...agreed with you
they are perfect in melee, don't need many changes, for me dont need one change

they are so perfect

Conker1

Smash Ace
Oh crap...

The physics don't have anything to do with th A.I....

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'm cracking at hiemie's pic. That's straight up hilarious! :laugh:

Anyways, I made a couple of vids on the matter:

Ice Climbers Confirmed In Brawl

Brawl Character Rumor Got OWNED!!!

Dissing the haters of originality of the Ice Climbers

BRAWL false rumors are for n00bs

And thank you Sakurai for pwning some serious n00b arse. I think he's laughing his arse off at those silly n00bs, and personally sent a ton of e-mails, letters, and phone calls to the rumor starters saying "OWNED!!!!" :laugh: Or at least I would [if I knew who started the rumors]... <_<

And the graphical detail was amazing. I literally slapped myself twice to see if it was real or not. Last time I did that was the first time I saw SA and Gears of War! :laugh:

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
I'm cracking at hiemie's pic. That's straight up hilarious! :laugh:

Anyways, I made a couple of vids on the matter:

Ice Climbers Confirmed In Brawl

Brawl Character Rumor Got OWNED!!!

Dissing the haters of originality of the Ice Climbers

BRAWL false rumors are for n00bs

And thank you Sakurai for pwning some serious n00b arse. I think he's laughing his arse off at those silly n00bs, and personally sent a ton of e-mails, letters, and phone calls to the rumor starters saying "OWNED!!!!" :laugh: Or at least I would [if I knew who started the rumors]... <_<

And the graphical detail was amazing. I literally slapped myself twice to see if it was real or not. Last time I did that was the first time I saw SA and Gears of War! :laugh:
Lol. Nice job, Johnknight1. I'll take a look at the videos. Oh, and I believe Ice Climbers may have a different feel to them since Sakurai said that characters are going to be different now.

Sneaky 2.0

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2724-1598-9725
I just thought of something...If Havoc Physics are in, doesn't this mean that Popo can FootStool jump off of Nana?....brother/sister HOMICIDE
If Popo was that close to Nana, why don't they just use Belay?

Darkurai

Smash Master
The deconfirmation of the rumor makes this the greatest update to ever be placed on that site.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Heh, footstool killer, aka hard stool.

Popo footstools opponent, Nana footstools Popo, Popo is forced to footstool opponent.

Shame it won't happen.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
I just hope Nana actually follows behind Popo in Brawl, instead of merging halfway into him like they did in Melee. Which, honestly, wasn't very noticable unless you paused the game anyway.

The new screens look like they're more seperated, but they could just be staged for the site.

Edit: oh, and from the one that totally called the Ice Climbers update almost down to the exact day: Captain Falcon is the next veteran.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
BTW, Hiemie made that IC image for my avatar... if anyone else steals it, I'll sick Hiemie on you.

METROID MAN

Smash Journeyman
I grow weary...

What up homeless long time no see, tomorrows a final smash, bet on it
haha, ok METROIDMAN, that's really cool. But YOU told me you were impersonating me so that your ideas could be heard. Well, since you are impersonating me maybe you want to get your ideas out, because really, your wasting your "copy cat privileges."
And if you REALLY wanted to be heard, then why not copy someone who IS ACTUALLY POPULAR, i'm really not. And after this you will probably reply shouting :
" I AM THE REAL METROID MAN! WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?"
well anyone with half a brain can tell that YOU are the fake, I mean c'mon, you have 3 frikkin posts and you joined YESTERDAY!
so i suggest you tell your ideas to the world, while you still can... and who are you by the way, obviously someone from the old blog but who? THOR-AXE? VENOM? dare I say it, KIMMIKUN? OH NO... I KNOW... ARE YOU PRINCESS PEACH? THATS WHAT I THINK BUT, WHATEVER. soon your fun will be over.

vinternet

Smash Cadet
Awesome update. I didn't care about them being in, or even think that they would be, but now that they are, i'm pretty happy!

Also, i have noticed a subtle difference between US and EU versions of the site.

US: "The one in blue is Popo."
EU: "The one in purple is Popo."
Colors are described differently in different cultures. For instance, a long long time ago there was no word in Japanese to describe the color "green." Most green things were described as being blue. But the word came over from other cultures, and now in the Japanese language you might say "a blue chair" (using the adj. blue) or "a chair of green" (using the noun 'Green').

Likewise, in America we tend to refer to a lot of things with some shades of red in them as blue just because it's simpler that way.

Top Bottom