• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dear Rumors: Suck it. Love From Sakurai

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
No complaints here save a tiny one, the mittens look ugly. But aside from that, nicely done.
Now you're just being picky, lol. I thought they looked pretty nice. You can tell they're leathery, but w/e, it doesn't matter much.

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
Kind of agree. All unique characters, such as IC, G&W and Mewtwo will be returning. I think it's just Clones (-Ganondorf) that won't be returning.
I agree that the only characters they should get rid of are clones, but only if they can't be given a unique moveset. I think Ganondorf would be one of the easiest characters to be given his own moves, so he should stay. I think the ones that they'll have the most difficulty with are pichu and young link, although I can potentially see any clone from melee with a different moveset.

Wreked

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure that the only melee characters that might have trouble are pichu, sheik, and roy. The rest i'm pretty sure about. Maybe falco, marth, and gw. Only maybe though.

Sky-Kitsune

Smash Apprentice
I don't use them that much, but its still brilliant that theyre making a return (They also look brilliant) I'm really looking forward to what their final smash could be? An icy cold blizzard perhaps?

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
I wasn't thinking of Ice Climbers. Finally we have a character update. Sure, I don't play with Ice Climbers that much, but I don't mind. Wobbling could return with them though...

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
**** YES!

This update > any newcomer.

Hell, this update > my existence.

Their appearance looks amazing, and as long as they haven't been nerfed in any way (except for removal of the infinite) they will most definitely be my Brawl mains. Also, Ice Climbers returning means the return of their Hammers... which hopefully will look different than Dedede's, who will hopefully be in.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
everyone knows their final smash will be Wobbling

and during it a picture of Chu Dat posing comes up and your opponent loses 10 stock gg

I really hope their chain grabbing is nerfed... also if WD is gone, they're gonna have a harder time getting around.

Meta Kirby

Smash Cadet
Dr. Mario is an almost perfect clone. He had exactly the same attacks in every catagory. His air attacks... were the same as Mario's. The ground attacks were... also the same. His special attacks... were also exactly the same with the slightest of modifications, mainly trajectory, range, and power. Dr. Mario can be summed up in one Mythbuster's quote... "Lower... Slower... And Meeker." Dr. Mario equals a three thumbs cut-off-a-thon.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Dr. Mario is an almost perfect clone. He had exactly the same attacks in every catagory. His air attacks... were the same as Mario's. The ground attacks were... also the same. His special attacks... were also exactly the same with the slightest of modifications, mainly trajectory, range, and power. Dr. Mario can be summed up in one Mythbuster's quote... "Lower... Slower... And Meeker." Dr. Mario equals a three thumbs cut-off-a-thon.
What does that have to do with the Ice Climbers?

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure that the only melee characters that might have trouble are pichu, sheik, and roy. The rest i'm pretty sure about. Maybe falco, marth, and gw. Only maybe though.

Sheik?! No way Sheik is getting cut.

Like most rational people are saying, the ONLY cuts should be the 5 clones that aren't named Ganondorf. In fact, I would almost be disappointed to see Falco go, and I'm sure they could tweak him a bit (didn't he have some sort of bazooka in Star Fox Assault?) I also think Pichu was very unique in being the only character to damage itself that I wouldn't mind it returning either. Doc should be an alt costume. Young Link and Roy I don't really care.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Guys, it's very likely that Dr. Mario is getting cut from Brawl. He's just Mario in a doctor's suit, anyways. Now, let's continue with the discussion of Ice Climbers from here on.

Wreked

Smash Lord

Like most rational people are saying, the ONLY cuts should be the 5 clones that aren't named Ganondorf. In fact, I would almost be disappointed to see Falco go, and I'm sure they could tweak him a bit (didn't he have some sort of bazooka in Star Fox Assault?) I also think Pichu was very unique in being the only character to damage itself that I wouldn't mind it returning either. Doc should be an alt costume. Young Link and Roy I don't really care.
Did you mean to say that sheik won't get cut? You wouldn't mind pichu returning? They would have to do A LOT of tweaking to get this guy/girl good. Yeah doc should be and alt costume, that's all he really is. I with you on young link and roy. I'm more leaning towards young link cut to make way for some other zelda character, same goes for roy.

Gargomon251

Smash Journeyman
What is a "Celda"? AND WHAT THE HELL IS WOBBLING?! Everyone keeps going on and on about it and never explained what it was. Do I have to trudge over to smashwiki just to get an answer?

I
"OH DUH *** NO!!! DOES THIS MEAN ICICLE MOUNTAIN, TOO!?!?!?"
Censor bypass much? B&!

...if anything, Pichu is not a clone. Many of his moves work and look different from Pikachu's.
Young Link plays completely differently from Link. Com. Plete. Ly.
...and Doc and Mario are practically the same person.

For someone with so many posts, you are horribly misinformed.
THEY ARE THE SAME ATTACKS! It doesn't matter what EFFECT, DAMAGE, SPEED, ETC they have the SAME ANIMATIONS almost every time. Clones are clones. Period.

I think the Game Informer interview practically confirmed Sheik, IIRC.

I wasn't exxpecting IC to make a comeback because they were too gimmicky, I thought they'd replace them with a better duo, like Mario&Luigi or the Pichu bros or Wolf Link and Midna or Sonic and Tails or something.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
Gargomon: Well wtf do you mean, "better duo"? Just look at their flamboyant smiles! Wobbling is the infinite performed by grabbing with the main Ice Climber and alternating between headbutts (Popo) and forward tilts (Nana, or the secondary Ice Climber). The forward tilt stuns them enough so that if timed right, the grab is inescapable.

Also, what are they doing in that picture? The first picture looks like it's showing their old taunt, but in the last picture they put their hammers down. What does this mean... victory dance or final smash?

Lastly, I think the picture of Popo footstool jumping proves the return of desynching. At least they'll have something going from them, even if chaingrabbing gets nerfed or wavedashing is removed.

ShoDan

Smash Apprentice
Please don't assume things. You can't say that all of the characters from N64 will return, cause we still don't know that. It's pretty likely that they will, but Ness could be replaced with Lucas. When you say something along those lines please use words like "might" or "maybe." Assumptions are the reason for many rumors..
someone told me that was confirmed, so im not assuming. but he could be wrong
still even if my friend lied ness, jiglypuff and the falcon wil probaly return

but i will ask my friend

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Either Flatzone will return and/or Mr. Game & Watch will return... I've been keeping up with the numbering system, which appears to be in order of being programmed in the series... It starts with the Original, then Melee, then Brawl... Here is it so far.

Smash Bros. = 1
Donkey Kong = 2
Starfox = 3
Kirby = 4
F-Zero = 5
Metroid = 6
Earthbound = 7
Pokemon = 8
Zelda = 9
Mario = 10
Yoshi = 11
Fire Emblem = 12
??? = 13
Ice Climber = 14
Animal Crossing = 15
Wario = 16
??? = 17
Kid Icarus = 18

Hmm, there is only one franchise that would be between Fire Emblem and Ice Climber... Game & Watch will return.
Question: What the hell is this? What numbering system? I've been looking at this for at least 10minutes and I can't seem to find how you came up with this list.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Question: What the hell is this? What numbering system? I've been looking at this for at least 10minutes and I can't seem to find how you came up with this list.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/icon/world_b_01.gif

Replace the 01 at the very end with other numbers to get other franchise logos.

.... I hope we get a Zelda special moves update soon that deconfirms Sheik.
I await the day when you will suffer the same fate as the IC deniers.

Freemaster1191

Smash Rookie
double taunt seems possible due to the fact that pichu had 2 (laying down and standing up) and the numbering system is if you right click on the icon next to the update (such as the eggplant from todays or the sword from ikes)

then go to properties and it says something like icon number 12

every icon has a different number and thats are best bet as to predicting the rost size

as of now there are 2 missing numbers 13 and 15 maybe

so that means there are atleast two more franchises left in the game

we can also asume that they are snakes and game and watches because of the way they are ordered

returning in ther begginning and new in the end

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Hey! That's pretty cool. There will probably be more franchises than just this, right? I mean just because it ends at 18 now, doesn't mean we'll only have 18 franchises in the end. God, that was an exciting find. Thank you for showing me maxpower1227, and thank you for explaining indepth Freemaster1191.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
So the number system rules again. So, with Mr. G&W, Shiek, and Ganondorf included, we have at least 23 characters! Great! And for sure we're gonna have at least 10 unlockable characters... so... we're looking at at least 32 characters.

Gargomon251

Smash Journeyman
Gargomon: Well wtf do you mean, "better duo"? Just look at their flamboyant smiles! Wobbling is the infinite performed by grabbing with the main Ice Climber and alternating between headbutts (Popo) and forward tilts (Nana, or the secondary Ice Climber). The forward tilt stuns them enough so that if timed right, the grab is inescapable.
Um the fact that the IC are together is 100% gimmick. In the original NES game they never :teamed up", you could do the same thing with ANY two player simultaneous game.

And they better get rid of wobbling.

burrito

Smash Lord
.... I hope we get a Zelda special moves update soon that confirms Sheik.
Well, if Sheik was a character, he/she would probably be confirmed by a character update.

By the way, I just had I thought, remember the cinema scene where Peach and Zelda get trapped in cages? Why didn't Zelda transform into Sheik to try to get out? I figure that if Sheik was in the game, she would do something of the sort. All the evidence seems to be pointing towards Sheik being in the game (yes, I know about the Game Informer interview, it doesn't confirm anything...).

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
So the number system rules again. So, with Mr. G&W, Shiek, and Ganondorf included, we have at least 23 characters! Great! And for sure we're gonna have at least 10 unlockable characters... so... we're looking at at least 32 characters.
I'll see your 10 characters and raise you 4 more.

I can see the number of characters being mid/high 30s.
Not to say 32 doesn't sound good, but that's only 6 more than what we had in Melee.

In SSB64 we started with 8 and had to unlock 4 for a total of 12. [raising the cast to 150%]

In Melee we started with 15 (counting Sheik and Zelda as two) and had to unlock 11 secret characters. [raising the cast to about 173%]

In Brawl, if there's a pattern and if it continues, we'll start with about 21/22 characters (I'm playing safe and going low) and we'll raise the cast to somewhere around an estimated 184%, we end up with 38.5. This will probably go lower, though.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
I'll see your 10 characters and raise you 4 more.

I can see the number of characters being mid/high 30s.
Not to say 32 doesn't sound good, but that's only 6 more than what we had in Melee.

In SSB64 we started with 8 and had to unlock 4 for a total of 12. [raising the cast to 150%]

In Melee we started with 15 (counting Sheik and Zelda as two) and had to unlock 11 secret characters. [raising the cast to about 173%]

In Brawl, if there's a pattern and if it continues, we'll start with about 21/22 characters (I'm playing safe and going low) and we'll raise the cast to somewhere around an estimated 184%, we end up with 38.5. This will probably go lower, though.
It's impossible to find a real pattern with only two numbers.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace

That's actually pretty good reasoning. Way better than the usual arguement of "population rise from 64 -> Melee was 200% so the pattern states Brawl will do the same", anyway.

Top Bottom