• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DEAR REST OF COUNTRY: What would it take to get you to NS?

Justin Wiles

Smash Journeyman
Here in the frozen wastes of Nova Scotia, we want to host a large-scale regional event, and invite some of you other people too.

So if we had a big event here in Halifax, Nova Scotia, what would it take to get you folks from Montreal and beyond down here for some smash?

Housing? Food? Travel coverage? Tell me what you'd expect or what incentive you'd want, we're trying to gauge interest here so we can convince some pros to attend.

Thanks!

swordgard

Smash Hero
How many people do you realistically expect. Also do you guys have a PR? Finally, usually people don't go to places if people from there never went to their regions first, so yeah. As for ontario, I doubt they will travel 18+ hours to get there.

Justin Wiles

Smash Journeyman

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
No offense, but it's really pointless to go to Nova Scotia unless you guys were like 100+. No one from Quebec will ever want to drive 12+ hours or pay over 300$ to get to a 30-40 tournament when we can go to Ontario and USA which is pretty close(only 5-6 hours). Not to mention they're 100 time better than NS and more populated.
We'll use USA logic and say you guys are terrible at this game, we don't have anything to prove. If you want to prove something YOU come to Quebec, we aren't moving.

Justin Wiles

Smash Journeyman
No offense taken at all, it's a hypothetical situation, but the answers I've been hearing don't surprise me at all... to be honest, I would never expect Quebec and Montreal to come to us in droves, but we are thinking about fronting money for a few special guests if they want to take a few days off in NS.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
No offense taken at all, it's a hypothetical situation, but the answers I've been hearing don't surprise me at all... to be honest, I would never expect Quebec and Montreal to come to us in droves, but we are thinking about fronting money for a few special guests if they want to take a few days off in NS.
Yeah that actually make more sense now, you guys should like just help pay for Ally to get there. He's the only player that would be worth seeing over there. HE is the best in the world after all.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
not gonna lie, if u payed for my travel, food, housing, and convinced my parents to let me go, I'd reach. But don't worry, since your on the east coast of Canada, ur far better than the West Coast :p.

Iliad

Smash Lord
not gonna lie, if u payed for my travel, food, housing, and convinced my parents to let me go, I'd reach. But don't worry, since your on the east coast of Canada, ur far better than the West Coast :p.
Uhgh... Stop this stupid ****. Tin, i'm willing to bet you wouldn't place top 10 in a WC tourney.

cF=)

Smash Lord
Make a NS combo video, that's a cool incentive.

(won't make me drive 15+ hours, sorry :urg:)

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
NS is pretty chill. it sucks how far away we are from everyone else though. :/

hopefully the crew that ends up goin to Apex does well and gives us a little more love.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
hey guys great news, my chances of coming to this are around 80%, friends are planning a trip to PEI and wouldnt mind taking me to this if you can help me out with gas,housing would be good to, my email is joe-96-athotmail.com, we'll talk more through that i dont got internet at home

what time would this be around? July at the end works well for me

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
Uhgh... Stop this stupid ****. Tin, i'm willing to bet you wouldn't place top 10 in a WC tourney.

lol there's a good chance he still would. Our events are pretty small other than Pheonix 1 and Komodo. Alberta might be a bit tougher though.

If Halifax is pretty close to Wolfville I could consider thinking about going if I ever thought about visiting my friend at his uni.

Otherwise it'd probably take me melee and travel expenses paid to bring me to NS.

Top Bottom