• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
There's 5 Kirby players in Florida. All are male and two are black (Florida Smash is pretty evenly divided between blacks and whites in racial composition).
Ontario has 6 or 7 kirby players. 2 of us are female.

For perspective, Ontario has 3 female brawl players.

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
Snake mains used to be a lot of hair. At least in SoCal.
(Ally, Mojo, Hall, JonT, Bigfoot) but now idk.

Marth. LOL idk. Girls sometimes like to play marth.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
My suspicion is that all Marths are White or Asian. That's what I've observed in my region and at Apex '12. :p

How tall are Sex Puma and Exdeath?

Cause like almost all DDD mains are like giants.

Commander Beef is like 6'4" or something

And Yes to teaming!
There used to be stereotypes going around of people and what characters they use.

Like Falcos are blackk
Peaches are girls, black, or gay
Kirbys are girls

I observed that DDDs are tall as ****.

Commander Beef 6'6"
Exdeath 6'3"
Puma 6'1"
Mampam 6'4"
Fogo is like 6'4" or 5"
Count from Norcal 6'3"
Mr. Bojangles is like 6'3"
Coney 6'1"
Atomsk 6'2"
CO18 LOLOL 6'7"
Tech Chase 6'3"
Zekey 5'10" :(
Seibrik 5'10"?
Big D 6'9" ????!!!
Pidgezero_one 6'2"
Xubble 6'2"
4GOD 6'0 or 6'1"
Kaptain 5'8" or 5'9"
iLove was like 5'7" - 5'9"
A little late on the train, but I main DDD and I'm 6'1". My friend also mains DDD and he's taller than me, I think 6'3". :awesome:

Coney

Smash Master
LMFAO @ me being 6'1

i'm short, man :(

all other DDDs are pretty tall tho, except i think 4god is around my height maybe?

Xubble

Smash Ace
I want to know what kind of grabs most of us are using for chaingrabs: dashgrabs, regular shieldgrabs, or skid canceling shieldgrabs? We SHOULD be using skid canceling shieldgrabs (SCSG) on most of the cast since it gives us more grabs before we reach the side of the stage, but I don't know how many of us have actually mastered that. I'm still working on it. >_<

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
I want to know what kind of grabs most of us are using for chaingrabs: dashgrabs, regular shieldgrabs, or skid canceling shieldgrabs? We SHOULD be using skid canceling shieldgrabs (SCSG) on most of the cast since it gives us more grabs before we reach the side of the stage, but I don't know how many of us have actually mastered that. I'm still working on it. >_<
When I cg people it depends on the character.
I have to shield grab Marth and peach and stuff. Snake you have to dash grab.

And then goofy characters like yoshi and Ike and sonic I always think I have to dash shield grab but you can just dash grab them.

:phone:

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
It was legit meeting you too! I come from a really tall family so when I moved back to Toronto and everyone was like half my height it was like :ohwell: wat is going on

Xubble

Smash Ace
Something came to mind. I basically get to pick where in the states I want to be stationed for four years in the Air Force. I should find a base that's near a Smash hotspot. Anybody in a good area that's close to an Air Force base? XD

Bobwithlobsters

Smash Journeyman

And then goofy characters like yoshi and Ike and sonic I always think I have to dash shield grab but you can just dash grab them.

Can't you skid canceled chain grab anyone you can chain grab assuming you are frame perfect? I thought that had just been established a few pages earlier...

Xubble

Smash Ace
Maybe he doesn't use the skid cancel variation because it requires more tech and he didn't bother learning it? I want to because there's no reason not to really. I have nothing else to really learn tech wise these days. (And no, I'm not gonna practice the buffered reverse pivot grab infinite.)

More grabs = more damage, and me likey more damage. :dedede:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
every time a girl finds out I play smash and play they are like
"Oh you play smash I play too!"
"Cool! I bet you use Kirby!"
"Yeah... How did you know?"

lol
And if its not kirby its like peach or pikachu or pit.

Oh and Pits are black or a girl iirc.

Kira
Koolaid
admiral pit
Luckay
Fire
Rouge Pit.

Yeah.. All black.
Yea, ive done that too to random girls ive met. girls gravitate to cute characters, so kirby and pikachu typically. or depending on their level of eccentricity, pit, marth or yoshi.
Fyre is def not black, but she is a girl.
Nick Riddles girlfriend also mains pit.
why are girls so drawn to kirby anyway? i started using him 13 years ago because i liked kirby super star :ohwell:

also lol i have a pikachu too :(
Girls like kirby for the same reason I like kirby. He is cute as all get out.
There's 5 Kirby players in Florida. All are male and two are black (Florida Smash is pretty evenly divided between blacks and whites in racial composition).
I wonder how the race breakdown goes in other regions. I also play soul calibur and marvel so when theres as many white people at a tournament as blacks and asians, it kinda throws me off a bit lol.
My suspicion is that all Marths are White or Asian. That's what I've observed in my region and at Apex '12. :p
back in the old school days, all marth mains were black as hell. NEO and Emblem Lord come to mind.
It was legit meeting you too! I come from a really tall family so when I moved back to Toronto and everyone was like half my height it was like :ohwell: wat is going on
yo word. all the other canadian smashers ive met are like half my height yo.
Something came to mind. I basically get to pick where in the states I want to be stationed for four years in the Air Force. I should find a base that's near a Smash hotspot. Anybody in a good area that's close to an Air Force base? XD
I can actually hook you up with a smasher friend of mine thats been in the air force 3 years already, he'll know everything you wanna know.

Exdeath

Smash Master
MacDill in Tampa is within 20-30 minutes of the primary Tampa Smashfest (Mampam, Ed, Trump, etc.).

4GOD (JJV)

Smash Apprentice
There used to be stereotypes going around of people and what characters they use.

Like Falcos are blackk
Peaches are girls, black, or gay
Kirbys are girls

I observed that DDDs are tall as ****.

Commander Beef 6'6"
Exdeath 6'3"
Puma 6'1"
Mampam 6'4"
Fogo is like 6'4" or 5"
Count from Norcal 6'3"
Mr. Bojangles is like 6'3"
Coney 6'1"
Atomsk 6'2"
CO18 LOLOL 6'7"
Tech Chase 6'3"
Zekey 5'10" :(
Seibrik 5'10"?
Big D 6'9" ????!!!
Pidgezero_one 6'2"
Xubble 6'2"
4GOD 6'0 or 6'1"
Kaptain 5'8" or 5'9"
iLove was like 5'7" - 5'9"
LMFAO @ me being 6'1

i'm short, man :(

all other DDDs are pretty tall tho, except i think 4god is around my height maybe?
I think 4god is smaller than 6'0
I'm 5'11" and 3/4 okay guys! Might as well be 6'0"! :glare:

One day I'll be 6'0"...one day :c

Xubble

Smash Ace
Alright, list of places I can go to:

North Carolina
Texas
Maryland
Mississippi
Iceland (!!)
New Mexico
Massachusetts
Virginia
Alabama
Nevada
Nebraska
Colorado
Illinois
Oklahoma

Texas is Texas. Nevada is the closest to SoCal. Alabama is closest to Florida. Massachusetts is closest to NYC. I know Maryland has a good scene (CONEY, Seagull, Logic, Chu, Junebug, etc.).

And of course Iceland. :popo:

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
Where is it in Nevada? If its at Vegas or surrounding then they travel out to SoCal for like every big tournament.

Also, where in Texas? Cause as far as I know, the only heavily populated areas are like Dallas, Forth Worth, and Houston

C.J.

Smash Master
Obviously you should go to Iceland. No seriously. You get to go to a different place, new culture, new customs, new things to learn, experience, and appreciate, etc.

Xubble

Smash Ace
There are like 3-4 bases in Texas I can pick, so I don't think distance from everybody will be an issue. And the base in Nevada is in Vegas.

So Texas or Vegas?

Also. I heard Icelandic is like one of the most difficult languages to learn. Sooooo sorry, Europe.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)

I can't even CG Marth unless I dash CG. :ohwell: Snake, I have no problem shield CGing. Sometimes, I think Snake's almost as easy as DK. :awesome:

Was pretty legit meeting you two. EC is short.

Should see BC, we are tall on average.
I'm from EC, and I'm 6'1". :c My bro is 6'0" and my dad is 6'2".

Bobwithlobsters

Smash Journeyman
I believe that you can skid canceled chain grab snake but its a tight frame tolerance but you can't shield grab chain grab him. So basically what works on snake is the hardest chain grabs or the easiest. Just not the middle one. Kinda weird that way.

Top Bottom