• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Matchup Discussion-Complete (Check Original Post!)

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
I dislike any area with a medium-short stage in this MU because of his grab range. I don't like RC, Frigate, or the first part of Castle Stage (I'm starting not to like this stage as much because of the third part tilting so much. Also the transformation sucked me through the floor to kill me one time in tourney T.T).

I think FD, SV, Delfino, Lylat, Poke or Picto (if legal) would all be pretty good.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Delfino is a bad idea, especially against a D3 who can read your tech rolls on reaction (and after a game or so, he'll be able to). Lylat seems kind of like a bad idea for recovery's sake and a couple of good uptilts will probably discourage excessive platform use. Even if it doesn't hit you, if you're knocked off (they're small), you're in a bad position. Personally, I would advise against Picto too. Granted, the D3 that I played alot favored Picto quite a bit, so I'd be lying if I said that that wasn't a factor.

My personal picks for stage are BF, FD, SV, Battleship Halberd (I personally prefer this stage quite a bit), Brinstar, Norfair and Poke Stadium 1.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
charizard can too...

just use bair facing the other way then jab.
ohyah i forgot about him :D

lessthan3 still showin hes the smartest sheik player :)

what do you mean bair facing the other way

Judo777

Smash Master
I think it's the bair crossup that I asked about in the Q&A thread. If you hit them with the strong hitbox of the front foot, if shielded the opponent ends up behind you because of the weird knockback of bair. Example @:45 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufKq7ncWSEg
i dont think so cause jab wouldn't land. I think he means use the front hit of bair to hit their shield and land in front of them (so ur still facing them) then jab when they try to react. Although i suppose you could do both and only do what i said if u dont cross them up.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
It's what cross said you bair with the front leg and push the D3 behind you then buffer a turn around during the landing animation and jab. D3 doesn't have any shield drop option fast enough to beat jab. he can't sheild grab it or beat it with spot dodge or any other OOS options really from behind.

at least in my experience.

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
Yay, finally someone else that uses walking! I think grabs are the way to go in this MU precisely because of his shield options.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
So it seems this discussion has for the most part wrapped up. For the most part people agreed on 45-55 DDD advantage solo Sheik with a 50-50 even matchup Sheik/Zelda. I'm not the best at formattng but i'll attempt to make the OP look nice and contain information. Probably do it sometime tomorrow evening so when I do let me know what you guys think.

ZomgNinjah!!!1

Smash Apprentice
DDD's actually one of my fav matchups. I think playing my brother's made me way better. I just see him as a big tilt-able target, and I can predict him pretty well. I actually wanna see how good i do against CO.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Billy Mays Ganon blew my mind.

Edit: So I did the OP guys. Lol like I said i'm not the best at formatting so let me know what things I should add, take away, include etc.

*FEEDBACK IS ENCOURAGED and GREATLY APPRECIATED.*

This is a community effort we need contributions from everyone on this. So PLEASE give me some input.

Also discussion is NOT closed. Discuss about the matchup as much as you want and continue to add tips and information. OP will be updated regularly if new data or relevant discussion keep coming in.

Top Bottom